On The Wagon For January

33,861 to 33,880 of 34,606 messages
13/01/2012 at 20:38
I do find once I stop drinking it's reasonably easy to avoid it. once I start again though I develop a taste for it again and it becomes a terrible habit. it's a bit of a crutch for me I think
13/01/2012 at 20:46
It definitely is a habit for me.  I'm one of those odd souls who likes a few glasses of wine at home but isn't really fussed about drinking when I go out most of the time.  Friday night = SB for me.  However parkrun has kind of shifted that to a Saturday night.
13/01/2012 at 20:56
what is SB TP? always meant to ask
13/01/2012 at 21:08
Sauvingnon Blanc  'tis my tipple of choice as far as wines are concerned.
13/01/2012 at 21:09
aha , mystery now solved
13/01/2012 at 21:21

I stepped off the wagon last night, but I think, given my recent levels of abstinence, that's allowed

I had Bolly, Laurent Perrier and two other types of champagne....didn't drink huge amounts, but more than I have for many a long month.

13/01/2012 at 23:07

Evening

All good and still rolling here although I have a couple of stressful situations on the go - see the way what you want thread -

Drinking definately becomes a habit for me it sort of creeps up on you and before you knwo it - its most night Jan helps me break that and I often find I am not that interested for a cou ple of weeks afterwards

14/01/2012 at 00:54
Sweetest Thing wrote (see)

Goodness, yes, the Wagon Train isn't just about trying to abstain for January, it's about a bunch of forum mates having a laugh, giving support where needed, sometimes even chatting about running (heaven forfend).

Oh, I am up for that!

I'm just not pretending right now that I am abstaining. So far, of the 13 days of January, I have drunk on 6. Too many much is going on for me right now.....

14/01/2012 at 11:09
hugs to all having a bit of a tough time at the moment
15/01/2012 at 10:02

Morning

((hugs)) to the Wagon because the sun is out and despite the fact I have missed my club run due to having to fix my cleats I am looking forward to riding today

A fortnight gone already

Not long to go

15/01/2012 at 16:09
Happy Sunday everybod. Back from Not the Roman IX and a reasonable run out was had, if somewhat slower than one is used to...such is the long road back. Trust all haveing a good day on such a sunny and glorious Sunday.
jaggy...    pirate
16/01/2012 at 20:56

What a weekend

We rocked the pub on Saturday night - the whole place was dancing and singing along. I stuck to soda and lime all night. Not very rock and roll!

Been running and / or biking most days - managed to shift 7lb in the last 2 weeks - 14lb to go!

Fancy a glass of red tonight. OH's birthday but we celebrated on Friday which was a blast.

16/01/2012 at 21:52

I think you must have shifted it onto me Jaggy as I've not shifted more than a couple of lbs this time round.  Haven't been doing much exercise wise though but I am no shot of all lurgies and will be up and at 'em soon.

I had a hankering for a Baileys of epic proportions tonight but didn't give in

Rock n roll is in the attitude not the consumption.  We really must have a Thread outing to watch you play sometime jaggy.  Though you might have to tie me up to stop me getting on stage too ....

jaggy...    pirate
16/01/2012 at 22:03

You can sing with us anytime TP

16/01/2012 at 22:09

Evening - I've started keeping MF company with the half on half off the waggon.  I've sort of got one arm hanging out.  A lot going on in life so I've had the odd drink but not finished the bottle like I normally would.  Opened a bottle of wine last night but only drank half of it between the two of us and corked up the rest for later.  I feel happy with one arm out.

TP - were you a bit off key there?  

17/01/2012 at 10:51

Wagon folks I had a small fall at the weekend.................

Hurt my knee when I fell off a bar stool after 3 pints of lager & Vodka tastic  

Back on it Sunday and trying my best

17/01/2012 at 14:16

Those high bar stools are dangerous.  Best stick to sitting on the floor next time

Correct Soupy, I am always a bit off key with my singing but what I lack in talent, I make up for in enthusiasm.

Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
17/01/2012 at 14:35
I fell off last night and had a glass of red, but in defence I had a minor eye op and was feeling a bit sorry for myself - still am but not resorting to the bottle. I look like I've been in a fight!
17/01/2012 at 14:46
Hmmm, that's your excuse UIW  Hope you're mended now and feeling better.
17/01/2012 at 15:22
Neighbour's funeral yesterday so felt should toast his passing. Think that's a reason, not an excuse. I'll do extra miles, honest!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.