On The Wagon For January

33,861 to 33,880 of 34,306 messages
08/01/2013 at 21:45
That's a lot of calories!
Loon, forgive me but going by your picture your a female? 8 to 10 pints of lager? I think is be unconcious after 6! I'm not a huge drinker as such, is never have more than 4 cans or pints in an evening, its more of the habit I'm trying to get out of.
08/01/2013 at 22:00

whoops, sorry that was cans of lager

08/01/2013 at 22:01

still too many I know :S but that's not been the case for the best part of a year now  

08/01/2013 at 22:08
I was about to say.... That much lager and legs like that then you must have the worlds most finely tuned metabolism!! Feeling good tonight good return to work this afternoon, now relaxing with a few pints.... Of water.... And the obligatory horlicks (other hot malted drinks are available)
08/01/2013 at 22:41
A test for me tomorrow as I'm away on business in a nice hotel with an expenses account!
09/01/2013 at 10:04
Good rest of your resolve then kev! We have every faith in you!
09/01/2013 at 12:25
Thanks Mr F! We are going to watch Swansea v Arsenal on TV in the bar after dinner so a double test!
09/01/2013 at 16:09

CHello gang...finding it tough going this year as I can resist all but temptation. Cracking curry last night and it just needed some help, honest!

09/01/2013 at 18:21

not finding it too bad at the moment, but things aren't massively stressful, but I know there will be difficult times. I know there's a lot of media stuf at the moment saying the january on the wagon thing is a waste of time and can be harmful etc as can lead to binge drinking in february, but for me it helps break the habit of drinking all the time, and it's a test of willpower for me

although the comment inthe media that a couple of alcoholic drinks a week is good for you is very tempting

09/01/2013 at 18:44
Fell off this one days ago, but being in Texas it's hard to get away from beer and steak. And pictures can be very deceiving - I've put on quite a bit of weight since this was taken.
09/01/2013 at 18:55

Evening

Gareth the 16000 calories was the quote for a month 4 bottles of wine a week is 4000 calories so neeerrrrr neerrr ner nerrrrrrrrrr 

Feeling good today

well done everyone nearly a third of the way through already

09/01/2013 at 19:11

Just to let you all know the first day of February is a FRIDAY, 

If it were in the week it would be fine but i think some people are going to have a blowout having been good for a month.

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
09/01/2013 at 19:44

Not me, I'm committed to the wagon until at least April 21st which is the date of my next marathon!

I will be tempted then to drink but may well carry it on because I've made other commitments for later on in the summer. I know for a fact that alcohol affects my performance which is slow/plodding enough without!

09/01/2013 at 20:02
I hope to be off to last week in March. Off to the pub tonight will drive so saving on taxis and booze, although soft drinks can be ludicrously expensive too.
09/01/2013 at 20:58
In hotel on expenses... Drinking water and fruit teas
09/01/2013 at 21:08
Maddy. wrote (see)

Evening

Gareth the 16000 calories was the quote for a month 4 bottles of wine a week is 4000 calories so neeerrrrr neerrr ner nerrrrrrrrrr 

Feeling good today

well done everyone nearly a third of the way through already

Madeline. l know that. But YOU said it was 2 days worth of calories. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo.............l know you are you said you are but what am l?

Im finding this relatively easy at the minute. i've put my name down for working Saturday as well so l wont be tempted to go out Friday now. It's kind of double wammy really. Im not going to be spending money on the Friday, then im going to be earning it on the Saturday.

The trouble is that there's 2 cracking games of footy on on Sunday and that will put a lot of temptation in my way.

Getting a really good feeling from this now though and it's really nice to be able to keep coming on here and checking this thread to see we're all still doing fine.

Hope everyone else is getting on just fine.

Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
09/01/2013 at 21:10

Yep! Still, being on antibiotics for a throat infection does help.

09/01/2013 at 21:19
Early night in hotel. Avoided bar after meal and feeling great for it.
09/01/2013 at 22:36
Evenin friends! Another day! Happily ended up watching the Chelsea match tonight with several pints of water. Another clear head prepared for the morning.
Well done on the continued effort all, everyone's doing so well!
K80
09/01/2013 at 23:17
Evening all,

I think I might be tempted into a glass of wine on the 1st of February.

Everyone's doing really well, I'm impressed with DeliH and Running Kev in hotels with expenses and still sticking with the program.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.