On The Wagon For January

33,881 to 33,900 of 34,606 messages
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
18/01/2012 at 12:11
TP - my eyelid is swollen and several shades of purple, more shades round the edges, very colourful!
18/01/2012 at 13:11
Ouch! Get well soon. ran my fastest 10k in two years at the gym last night. Sub 50..woo hoo. Need to lose another 5 mins on that time by the end of March. Should do it. Looking forward to saturday morning round a Scottish Camp Fire
18/01/2012 at 14:58

Hello, wagonners. UIW, hope your eye heals up soon. Medicinal alcofrol is perfectly acceptable, I would say!

I am not really on the wagon, as I have gone off alcohol anyway so not much to give up anyway, but I did try a small sip of Merlot on Monitday night, when Neil and I were away in the Lakes, just to see if it still tasted of vinegar....and the answer is, no! Although I only managed two sips before handing the glass to Neil for him to finish. Still, it's progress.

<makes dumplings to add to the wagon stewpot>

18/01/2012 at 16:54
Any refried beans going ST? Could do with a coffee and flapjack to keep me going until tea-time. Just back from dreadmill sesh. Casual 10K.
Curry tonight, with group of Cobra drinkers, can I resist? Do I want to?
18/01/2012 at 17:51

Baked beans, not refried beans, I'm afraid

If you don't resist, you can climb back up on the wagon tomorrow.

18/01/2012 at 18:25
I'll try....one more sleep 'til Glasgow!
IronCat5    pirate
18/01/2012 at 22:25

Does anyone want some German friendship cake? It's like a cake-chainletter.

Still dry here, even after finding a bottle of red in my hotel room on arrival yesterday.

18/01/2012 at 22:37
That's great willpower you have there Cat5. Day 19 for me and still not tempted even though I went into my favouritw wine shop tonight for a bottle of water. I smiled at the bottles of SB though

Shame I am going to miss your trip to God's Own Land SC. Have fun ....

Best I stay clear of the refried beans. I like them but you'd not like me after eating them
19/01/2012 at 10:36
Impossible TP, we'd always like you Meeting starting late as expected banker is stuck in traffic (That's not a euphimism). Get that out of the way then it's off to Bristle for sleazyjet to Glasgo! Curate's egg weekend as got a memorial service tomoz then more cheerful stuff. See you guys Sat morning!
19/01/2012 at 13:44

Afternoon, wagon people

Just back from dropping off all my paperwork with my accountant. He's such a nice man and we had a good little chat over a cup of tea He doesn't mind my scrappy record-keeping and incomplete records, bless him!

Cat5, what is this friendship cake of which you speak? Sounds intriguing!

I did a bit of shopping after seeing the accountant <parades new boots and leopoard print scarf>

IronCat5    pirate
19/01/2012 at 17:58

It's a yeats cake ST. We were given a portion which we had to feed for 10 days. We then divided it up into 4 bits, baked one and gave the other 3 away. Rinse and repeat.

Mrs Cat5 did it with apples and spices, and it tastes like a Kipling country slice.

That cake mix must be years old by now!

19/01/2012 at 19:51

That sounds interesting, Cat5. Should we have a Wagon Train cake chain, fellow wagonners?

Macaroni with mushroom and blue cheese sauce on the menu for the wagon train tonight. Any takers?

19/01/2012 at 20:02

Evening

Warms hands - no heating good think its mild LOL

IronCat5    pirate
19/01/2012 at 21:05
Mmmm, blue cheese.
20/01/2012 at 07:27

Morning

LAte start at work due to a cat showing signs of a minor stroke - someone isn't going to be happy about it

day 20 and all is well alcohol wise at least

21/01/2012 at 09:40
Morning all, sorry to hear about cat Maddy, hope he/she ok.

Havent posted for a while, I have managed 19 days out of 20 with no grog....I've coped with various work issues, a boss that thinks 1.5 days in the office constitutes a weeks work, my beloved Liverpool winning a Semi final / getting beat 3-0 / winning 5-1 etc etc Went to watch Saracens play Biarritz and had a COFFEE ! ..........

but the one thing that made me grab a glass of shiraz was the final episode of Sherlock ! I've realised at the age of 41 that i am sucker for a corny re-make with some flashy effects and a twist you could see coming from two postcodes away !!!

In 20 days posting i have ran every other day & have lost 7lbs and am finding this No Booze thing quite enjoyable. Friends and family do think i have been abducted by aliens....even Ms M39 joined me with 3 DRY days last week

Off now for a LSR - will be going Pub later to watch Liverpool v Bolton with a J2O Happy day to all
21/01/2012 at 13:19

Hi Monty 19 out of 20 isn't too shabby now is it

Cat is walking up and down the stairs but it may be a a few more days before I notice a difference in how he moves - some cheap drugs to realx hs blood vessles and a wait and see approach from the vet many recover completely 

21/01/2012 at 13:40
Been lurking but today will be day 21. Quite tough going but I shall hang in there until 5th feb (race!).
Hardest is going out and not drinking at least at home you control the environment
21/01/2012 at 13:52
I am out tonight beut having done this for a few years now its OK - i like lime and soda its refreshing and cheap
21/01/2012 at 14:04
Step off for me tonight as its my mum's 70th and we're having a small getogether with drinks and nibbles.

I have baked her a cake. Baking isnt really my thing. I think the handbag I have bought her might be more edible!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.