On The Wagon For January

33,921 to 33,940 of 34,306 messages
13/01/2013 at 10:23
Morning folks. Yet again I've woken up with a thick head as if I had 6 pints last night! What's that all about? Was really looking forward to a damn good run today but at the minute that's not happening.
That's good running kev, lots of miles and no booze can only be good for you!
13/01/2013 at 13:01

hey all, came so close to falling off the wagon last night, havre had a few difficult days, no particular reason really just hit a low. It was so difficult to stop buying alcohol yesterday but I did it and survived

I'm not sleeping too great still, body clock all over the shop from the virus I had over christmas but at least being back at college and volunteering should help get me to kick my backside out of bed and hopefully get back into some sort of sensible routine

13/01/2013 at 14:31
Extra big gold star for you loon!
So what do you study at college?
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
13/01/2013 at 14:37

Good on you Loon. It's a case of remembering that surviving without the alcohol is an option here 

I think that most of us are at the stage where our bodies and psyches are beginning to panic a bit. It could be why some are feeling low, sluggish and even something like hungover. Only a few days more and all that will pass and we'll start to feel physically and mentally fitter and more alert.

For me, the danger zone is then in a few months time, when my marathon training is over and I'm tempted to have 'just the one'. A few months later and I'm back to square one! The problem is, I do enjoy a nice glass of good red wine

13/01/2013 at 14:48
Mmmmm red wine!
13/01/2013 at 17:11

I'm doing psychology gcse and maths refresher, start counselling concepts end of January and just started two microsoft sql server courses online at home

I like gthe body in panic bit  I'm not crying off alcohol altogether, for me it's just to get through January at the least and then try and moderate my drinking after that. I've got a birthday party to go to on the 2nd February, I imagine it will be a spectacular climb down off the wagon

I think January is a tough time of year anyway, there's all the hype and go go go up until christmas then it's flat afterwards, people generally don't have any money there's nothing lined up to look forward to and the weathers just neither here nor there at the moment (or at least up until now) it's been quite an odd winter so far. wonder if that's part of the issue

well done everyone

13/01/2013 at 17:36
Sounds like your very busy with all that lot! Incidently I too have a party on 2nd Feb, a friends retirement party from work! Had planned.on taking the motorhome over, having a few with my colleagues and then not having to worry about getting home till next morning. I expect by the time that comes around il.be pi$$ed on half a shandy!
13/01/2013 at 19:01

LOL sounds like a plan

13/01/2013 at 19:06
I'm a cheap date!
13/01/2013 at 19:25

lol not sure what sort of state I'll be in at the party but I shall try to behave LOL

13/01/2013 at 19:44
Your psychology and counselling all sounds really interesting. I've just started writing a book about mental health and depression. In the very early stages but have got lots to share!
13/01/2013 at 19:46

oooh that sounds good, I've often thought about doing something similar, I'd quite like to give talks etc as well. I want to go into CBT/life coaching, that's why I'm doing the psychology and counselling, and working at the domestic abuse charity as well. it's a fascinating subject. good luck with the book

13/01/2013 at 20:26
Evening folks. Two weekends out of the way without falling off, so pretty pleased so far. Was very tempted yesterday. Have not slept we'll for the last couple of weeks but that is starting to improve. I think by this week at some point we will hopefully all start to feel the benefits! Loon and Mr F, those parties are worth waiting for!
13/01/2013 at 20:45
Well done Loon on resisting the temptation.
13/01/2013 at 20:47
I reckon so fat fella, although I'm in danger of not wanting to drink!!
13/01/2013 at 21:51

well done FF evening Kev, I am definitely not in danger of not wanting to drink, I'm in danger of being aggressively possessive of my place at the bar

14/01/2013 at 06:24
Morning! That's 2 weekends done! Come Wednesday we will be halfway through the month.
14/01/2013 at 10:37

got through another dry weekend, yay! keep it up folks.

14/01/2013 at 11:21
Well done, two week anniversary! Snow is falling really heavy here which might throw a spanner in the running for a day or so....
14/01/2013 at 14:05

More off than on, especially at the weekend tbh, climbing back on for the weekdays tho' so we'll see how this week pans out!!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.