On The Wagon For January

33,961 to 33,980 of 34,606 messages
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
13/09/2012 at 07:50

FF - you've started the thread up really early this time. I shall not be back on the waggon until after NYE!

25/09/2012 at 13:36
Just checking in BI, not climbing aboard just yet! Mind you, for reasons I wont bore you with I've spent a bit of time around the liver unit at Addenbrookes lately - its enough to put you off for life. Catch up soon.
29/09/2012 at 15:18

Hiya everyone.  Thought I'd jump back on the waggon for a bit.  Stoptober is meant for smoking but I'm going to try and have October on the waggon. Got back into a daily wine with dinner habit again. 

29/09/2012 at 16:42

I am thinking of stopping in October as well - A chance to help kickstart yet another but desperately needed health kick

29/09/2012 at 16:52

oh good stuff Maddy.  Anyone else?  I'm viewing it as drying out in preparation for the festive period. 

29/09/2012 at 17:01

Thats kind of how I see it although I also need to lose abit of weight before the feastival bloat goes on as well

02/10/2012 at 19:02

Day one down and done.  Day 2 is curry night after a tough day at work. Cobra calls already.  

02/10/2012 at 21:07

After my 2nd bout of stomach flu in a week I'm now off the sauce too, can't face the thought of a glass of wine. In fact I'm finding it difficult to pick anything to eat or drink that won't set me off again. Still, not all bad, I'm losing weight!

02/10/2012 at 21:18
Soup Dragon wrote (see)

Hiya everyone.  Thought I'd jump back on the waggon for a bit.  Stoptober is meant for smoking but I'm going to try and have October on the waggon. Got back into a daily wine with dinner habit again. 

Yep, give me a hand up onto this wagon please.

Saw the stoptober advert myself yesterday and decided im going to put my own twist on it by packing the beer in as well. l smoke when l drink as well, then l eat 10 potato wedges lathered in garlic sauce as l stagger towards the late night bar at about 3am.

Truly fed up of waking up and feeling dreadful/remorseful when l check the bank and really need to do something about this.

03/10/2012 at 09:23

Soupy 0:   Cobra 1

Welcome back on the waggon Gareth and Wolfy.

03/10/2012 at 10:59

Ta soupy!

03/10/2012 at 12:24

I'm going to give up drinking alcohol and start smoking..

Good luck everyone.

03/10/2012 at 14:18
This boinged threat has come at a good time! A month off the sauce is a fine idea and like others needed. It's the habitual glass of wine or couple of cans for me, but as you say it soon becomes an automatic routine! Been on nights the last 2 nights so already off to a good start!
03/10/2012 at 17:59

Evening

Welcome all

so day  three and all good (OK I know it isn't quite over yet) - its helping my finances as well already

I do have a team dinner in a couple of weeks which may be a difficult one but then I don't really want to get drunk and mouth off in front of the big boss from France - he doesn't hesitate to get rid of mouthy contractors

05/10/2012 at 22:14

Well i've managed to stay in on a Friday night for the first time in ages. l dont ever drink in the house on my own so first hurdle out the way.

l have the Cusworth 10k on Sunday so wont be drinking Saturday night either. l never drink on school nights thesedays so come next Friday i'll be more than a 1/3rd of the way through the month but more importantly i'll have the psychological advantage of knowing l CAN refrain if l want to.

Sorry to hear about your temporary fall Soupy, but a Cobra is a powerful and worth enemy. At least you didn't fall under the spell of some piss like Fosters or Carling or other such muck.

05/10/2012 at 22:45

London Pride 1:  Soupy 0

Well its Friday night and works been a bitch. And the London Pride did come in my goody bag from last week's race so its allowed. 

Well done Gareth - Fosters and Carling? *spits*   

I'll start again on Monday and get some alcofrol-free cobra in stock. It worked in January. In the mean time I might just enjoy the weekend. Have fun everyone. 

Edited: 05/10/2012 at 22:46
06/10/2012 at 09:48

Morning

5 days down and got through pay day (every Friday) without a 'treat'

Boredom i smy biggest weakness so time to get back into training and clubs again

Soupy it doesn't sound too bad for a week - improvement is good surely

06/10/2012 at 13:26
Still going well here, albeit I've felt like absolute shite these last few days. Thoroughly exhausted and the very last thing I feel like is alcohol! Just keeping my eyes open is a challenge in itself! Have a good weekend folks!
06/10/2012 at 16:53

Well small wobble at the Newport food festival - had two tiny samples of some truley gorgeous flavours of Brandy - I hope that the vendors are listed so I can buy some for later on

07/10/2012 at 20:14
Just enjoying a lovely boring green tea whilst the Mrs sits here with an ice cold beer.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.