On The Wagon For January

34,041 to 34,060 of 34,606 messages
01/01/2013 at 20:27
Sounds like a few of us here have very similar issues. Good luck everyone. The mutual support on here should be a big help.
01/01/2013 at 22:26

Here we go then. l had a drink for nye as expected but went for a nice walk round bridlington earlier to get some colour back in me cheeks.

Birthday tomorrow but no interest in going out and getting hammered as l normally would.

Good luck everyone

{raises glass of soft drink to you all}

Edited: 01/01/2013 at 22:28
01/01/2013 at 23:23
I'm doing a dry January as well so Ill hop on this friendly wagon as well if I may?
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
02/01/2013 at 07:49

of course you may! the more we have round the campfire the better.

02/01/2013 at 09:48

Welcome on board RK. There's always plenty of room on this waggon. I'll be having a drink tonight but then thats it. First thing on the shopping list is Erdinger alcohol-free beer. Shame there isn't a decent wine equivalent, unless anyone knows of something that isn't sweet or insipid and bland. 

K80
02/01/2013 at 10:52

Good morning everyone.

My reason for attempting this is because i've convinced myself that i need a drink to sleep .

I have/had (not sure if i'm going back) a very stressful job. I slept okay last night but that's probably because I didn't get much on NYE and i'm not working (or thinking about it for at least another week).

02/01/2013 at 14:28
K80... I find horlicks is ok, especially the chocolate one!
02/01/2013 at 18:38
Evening folks! Hope you have all had a pleasant day? Managed a cob web blowing 7 miles off road this afternoon alongside a local canal, not actually too flooded ans was quote manageable in road shoes.
Soup, I don't think alcohol free wine is half as good as some of the beers. My faces are either cobra or Becks. I do struggle to tell the difference if they are ice cold
02/01/2013 at 18:56

Doing this again this year, really set me up for the year last January. would definitely recommend it!

02/01/2013 at 19:12
K80.. you have my full support. I had a torrid time at work throughout the summer, infact probably much longer than that, which culminated in a complete breakdown ay the start of October. thankfully with a few months rest and a couple of weeks at a rehab hospital I got back onto my feet slowly. Sadly that was.just in time for some devastating news just after Christmas which has set me back somewhat but am determined to be strong, not to have more extended time away from work and to keep positive. So, a tricky time to lay off the sauce but am feeling really positive about it on day 2!!
02/01/2013 at 19:25

Evening - I migth try to stay off for longer this year I know I have drunk way too much to try and compensate for being bored and it makes me more fragile and I am finding it harder and harder to stop at one can so maybe I need longer off it - I know I can do January I have done it so many years now 

02/01/2013 at 20:01
Good on you maddy!

And happy birthday Gareth!
02/01/2013 at 20:52

Evening waggoners. 

K80 - I used to have awful sleep problems so really do sympathise. I've now weaned myself off caffeine and I'm drinking Red Bush Tea. A cup at night really helps me to unwind and sleep. While I've been away this week I've had to go back to normal tea because nowhere here serves defaf or red stuff and I'm not sleeping again. I can also reccommend a good book: Say Goodnight to Insomnia

Well done on day 2 Mr F. 

02/01/2013 at 21:33
02/01/2013 at 21:34
Day two done and dusted then. Maddy I know the feeling. I too will be trying to go for longer, current target is 2 months. Happy birthday Gareth!
02/01/2013 at 23:02
Elli, I heard a Dr on sky news talking about this on NYD. takes much longer for the liver to totally detoxify the alcohol out of your system.
Good going on day 2 folks, sat is my b'day so I'm going to be driver!
K80
02/01/2013 at 23:25
Thank you for the support and positive comments everyone.

Happy birthday Gareth - toasting you with a chocolate options but I'm going to pick up some horlicks tomorrow.
03/01/2013 at 01:08

Do you mind if I join in? I don't drink a lot normally but as I have been on holiday since 21st December have put away lots of red wine over the holiday period and, due to being injured, have also put quite a lot of weight on. I'm seeing the physio later today to try and resolve my injury and hope to be runnning again fairly shortly. By combining the running with the no alcohol regime I hope to hve the weight back off by the end of January.

03/01/2013 at 07:26

Day 3 keep it up everyone ! no run today its my rest day just x training and walking the dog.  Tomorrow will be the test day for most people as i personally find it the hardest at weekends, be strong you can do it !

03/01/2013 at 07:45

Morning all. I too have had far too much over December and so am on the wagon for January. First night off it last night and slept like a baby (despite the missus snoring like an elephant !!). The missus is on board for this too so hopefully together we can stay off for the whole month.

Well done to all who have got on the wagon !

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.