On The Wagon For January

34,101 to 34,120 of 34,306 messages
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
05/02/2013 at 05:54

oh Dear K80 - bugger about the job 

The one good thing about this wagon though is the ease that you can just pop back on.

I'm still rolling along. I can understand the job stresses though. My job has become impossible to do, the amount of stress and worry in my team because of it is unprecedented. I'm able to ride it out because I'm retiring this year, but I don't know what's going to happen to everyone else there. 

Keep rolling wagonners

05/02/2013 at 06:54
Sorry to hear that K80.
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
05/02/2013 at 11:56

Dragon - me too, my job is completely untenable now, there's no budget, no money, no supplies, just more and more tasks to do, less and less time and less staff to do them as we can't fill any vacancies. I'm retiring too but not until the end of next year - seems a very long way away. Keep wondering if my job will last that long! But I'm still rolling along with the rest of you......

05/02/2013 at 12:26

Hard lines about the job K80. I had a long term sickness absence too on account of work stress and came back to find out that my sickness debarred me from taking part in the staff survey on working conditions. 

I'm still rolling in moderation. Had too much on Saturday night at a restaurant where I always tend to over-indulge cos the meal goes on for so long. But a night off without problem yesterday and moderation on Sunday. AF white wine to try tonight, got to be better than the red stuff, at least its well chilled. 

05/02/2013 at 19:11

Evening

Sorry about the job K80

I contract at the moment - its til the end of the year its not a well paying contract but its a n idustry I wanted a step into hopefully it will be onwards and upwards after this one

06/02/2013 at 07:39

Soupy - I find the AF white wine is atrocious, far worse even than the red.

06/02/2013 at 07:44
I've ordered a AF bottle of Suter Home Chardonnay for the weekend. I shall let you know how it is.

Generally, providing its chilled well, I'm a lot less fussy on white wine than red.
06/02/2013 at 17:21

Well. Time to report on changes I've noticed since going teatotal 40 days ago. 

My skin is loads better. Less spots, it looks healthy and circulation looks to have improved.

Less puffiness around my eyes. I would wake up really tired and look like an old alcoholic even if I hadn't had a drink previous night. Just that tiredness would show. I'm still tired in the mornings but there is no puffiness. I guess having better skin helps too.

Tummy in general is in a better condition. 

I have managed to do a lot more fitness stuff than ever in the past. Focus has changed from wanting to get that drink to wanting to get out to the gym/run/swim.

Let us hear yours! 

06/02/2013 at 18:14
For me, doing a lot more exercise - e.g out running before 9am Sat and Sun instead of potentially nursing a hangover.

Clothes looser.

Less tired.

Feeling great.
06/02/2013 at 20:06

Drinking an AF Erdinger here while watching the footy.

07/02/2013 at 07:06
Steady on there BI!

Morning all. Nearly the weekend.
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
07/02/2013 at 07:39

morning

We have almost reached the 6 week milestone, tis said that it takes 42 days to make/break habits 

08/02/2013 at 06:54
Morning all! Another weekend is here. Rugby filled again. Off to watch Scarlets tonight then 6n is on TV Sat and Sun.

Ordered Becks Blue to watch Wales game, hope its nice!
08/02/2013 at 19:21

I will be at dog club, working both Nemo and Charly - that is if the blasted snow lets up! Must admit, if it's as cold tomorrow as it's been lately, I may just slip and have a glass of hot mulled wine after training. After being out on the field for 3 or 4 hours I shall be in dire need of some inner heating!

09/02/2013 at 12:55
Must confess to buying a few organic beers for the rugby tonight. First drink of the year. Not beating myself up though as it will be my first drink of the year so I've certainly cut down!
09/02/2013 at 20:04

Actually today wasn't as cold as expected, until the last 30 mins or so. Was very pleased with both dogs today, my young Charly (8 months Swiss White Shepherd) did well at obedience and Nemo my adult black German Shepherd was super at attack work - I was staggered when old Willy, a real curmudgeon who usually criticizes everybody, clapped me on the back and said great work today. Then our trainer told me that when Nemo passes his attack exam we'll have a party. I am walking on water this evening!

09/02/2013 at 20:04

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/6763/gallery/aa009a.jpg?width=350

This is Charly.

09/02/2013 at 20:06

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/6763/gallery/nemo.jpg?width=350

And this is Nemo.

09/02/2013 at 21:09
I've jumped off the wagon tonight. Did CTS south devon ultra, no Becks blue in but still some normal stuff. First drink since December 21 st so like you Kev I don't feel too bad.
10/02/2013 at 07:55
Lovely dogs BI. We have two busy little dogs

Well done on the Ultra Jeremy. That deserves a treat!

Had a few ales to watch the rugby a 2 glasses of wine with dinner - spaced out over 8 hours.

Most pleased that I'm still up and ready to go out running before 8am - even though its pouring out!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.