On The Wagon For January

34,201 to 34,220 of 34,306 messages
06/01/2014 at 06:47

Morning. Feels like the start of week two!

gingerfurball    pirate
06/01/2014 at 09:45

Morning all - weekend in the bag...going ok but had a bit of a downer on Sunday - we normally have the whole big family Sunday dinner with kids and grandkids and a couple of nice bottles of wine between us all.  It all felt just a wee bit dull without the wine...I took a wee huff to myself and went to bed for a nap around 4ish.  But I got over it.

I''m still not sleeping well - I'm finding it really hard to get to sleep - it was 2.00am last night - and any wee noise wakes me up...trying hard not to be grumpy...at least I'm not hungover Monday morning.  I feel like this is week two as well.

Ah well - onwards and upwards!!  

06/01/2014 at 19:12

I found the last time I was on the wagon, which was a while ago granted, that sleep, especially after the booze filled weeks over the Yuletide, took a good week or so to settle down into a reasonable pattern so it will happen, gfb, just gotta be patient! Easily said I know.Heads up peeps.

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
06/01/2014 at 20:06

evening

Ginger, you may want to try some Valerian root from the health shop for one or two nights, it may well help.

I had something of a problem last night. Got off to sleep ok, but then wide awake an hour or so later! The Valerian helped, it didn't knock me out, just a gentle sleep, I woke several times, but found it ok to get back off again. I'm hoping tonight will be better.

06/01/2014 at 20:31

It took me a few days (I started 4 days early) to get into a sleep pattern, but am ok now. Just entered the Reading half, so have added incentive to shed a few pounds.

06/01/2014 at 20:53

I am now safely offshore so no temptation. Worst part will be getting home in a couple of weeks, normally much wine would be consumed.

good to see everyone going we'll ! It does get easier ( that's. What I keep telling myself! )

06/01/2014 at 21:46

Evening all.

Day 6 done. Well done all. 

gingerfurball    pirate
07/01/2014 at 11:14

A better night's sleep (still took me till 1.00am or so but feel more rested today)  I took a couple of chamomile teas in the evening and MrGFB made me go to bed early!  I'm (re)starting my running schedule today for VLM so that should help.  

07/01/2014 at 19:19

So 7 days done for some of us the rest not far behind

I am not sleeping well but thats normal no matter how much I do or don't drink

Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
07/01/2014 at 21:33

I always sleep like a log. Drank lots of water today and some hot lemon drink with vitamin C.

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
09/01/2014 at 08:25

We are into week 2

for those who have had something of a glich/fall back. Don't think of it as a failure, but as part of the convoluting pathway that we sometimes have to take in order to reach our goal. In other words, keep at it

gingerfurball    pirate
09/01/2014 at 09:38

Week 2 for me too - and although I'm still finding it hard to fall to sleep, when I do I'm sleeping so deeply...it's really relaxing and refreshing.  

10/01/2014 at 10:01

Day 9 and the start of Weekend No. 2!

I'm quite enjoying Tetley's Decaf Green Tea with a slice of lemon in it after my evening exercise!

Not quite a G&T but it'll do for now!

Not missing a drink at all to be honest, helped by the fact Mrs RK hasn't had a drink this year either.

If she cracks open a nice French Red tonight I can promise I won't be swayed but I can't promise I won't be salivating!

Keep it going everyone!

10/01/2014 at 20:20

Doing ok so far.

10/01/2014 at 20:22

opps one wheel just fell off my wagon .. 2 glasses of red wine. It's been the week from hell  ...................

10/01/2014 at 20:46
Am fighting the urge. Mrs H has wine. This is not the sort if support you need really, is it? Might go to bed in a huff, just to show my maturity.
Btw Kev, have been on the green tea too!
Anyway keep at it people and just remember, if you fall off, well just get back on! Laters.
11/01/2014 at 07:37

Morning

A whole 10 days and tonight is my cycling clubs annual dinner at a pub that I know sells one of my favourite ciders.  I will survive

Well done folks

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
11/01/2014 at 07:43

morning

I managed to survive the 10th day challenge (apparently it is the day when most resolutions fall by the wayside), and the distressing decision to let one of my dogs wander off to the Rainbow Bridge. 

I resisted the temptation to get in a bottle of red, even though part of my mind was reminding me that this was how traditionally stress and worry is dealt with. 

I did however bake a carrot cake and ate almost half of it !

Good luck for this evening Maddy, of course you will survive. Look that there cider right in the eye then spurn it for a nice cool glass of iced water with lots of lemon in it.

11/01/2014 at 10:46

Well done YOD - sorry to hear about your dog, they do become part of the family. 

Huge - it's quite refreshing isn't it.

So Day 10 is here.

I feel fine apart from 'brain fog' late at night and when I awake - although I think this is due to going low carb from Jan 1st as well. 

Hope you enjoy the dinner Maddy. 

11/01/2014 at 18:46

Having had dogs for about 30 years we've been through the rainbow moment a fair number of times and it's never easy YOD. My sympathies.

34,201 to 34,220 of 34,306 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.