On The Wagon For January

34,201 to 34,220 of 34,606 messages
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
11/01/2013 at 19:45

evening all

well done on the weight loss

Friday - a huge hurdle day for most of us I would think. In work for me, it's a mare of a day, I won't bore you with details, but I hit the ground running and don't come up for air as a general rule. I got in early today - before I knew it, it was 4PM and my mind started wandering to the lovely red wine I should be having with my evening meal . I didn't escape from work until nearly 6PM and needed to go to the supermarket on the way home. Oh the temptation - luckily I have a strong stubborn streak so avoided the booze aisle (Tesco are a bit cheeky though and tend to scatter bottles of booze through the store). I decided that a treat with chocolate would be the best option, so I have a nice box of Lindt chocs to have later 

I've also discovered chocolate infused philidelphia cheese - heavenly, really heavenly. The indulgence will slow the weight loss, but who cares, first working Friday of the year conquered 

11/01/2013 at 20:59

Well done Ye Old Dragon and all who are resiting this Friday night.

I've found it ok to be honest. I cooked a nice meal and had sparkling grape juice in a wine glass.

Feeling good.

11/01/2013 at 21:44
I survived the nightmare that is Charles De Gaul and still managed to stay on tea tonight! Off for an early night ready for a morning run.
11/01/2013 at 21:51

Snap DeliH - up early for a run for me!

12/01/2013 at 10:39

Morning everyone

well done on surviving a  friday night

First socialof theyear successfully negotiated with a long fruit drink and water - it helped that I had already paid for the meal so was keen to keep cost down

Tongiht is my cycling clubs annual dinner - Ihad a pint last year as a celebration of winning a trophy - this year I haven't won anything so won't

12/01/2013 at 11:21

Well done everyone. I went to a gig last night so succumbed to a beer but thats okay cos I've had my 4 nights off the booze this week. So good to drink without wondering if I shouldn't. I hope I can keep this up for the year. Moderation is king - its that or nothing and I don't want the nothing so thats my incentive. 

12/01/2013 at 11:25
Well done Maddy. Moderation is he key SD.

Run done, feeling great.
12/01/2013 at 11:34

Kev - yeh key, thats what I meant lol. 

12/01/2013 at 13:19
Morning/afternoon folks. Hope we are all well! Fantastic Friday night abstinence maddy! Hope your cycling do goes welli agree SD that moderation really is the king, if it worlds for you of course. I've not been to a gig of any kind in ages! Busy night shift at work for me, but I now have 4 days off. A very rare 36 hours with absolutely nothing to do for me now. A couple of months ago is have probably settled down infront of the tv tonight with some beers, woke.up tomorrow with a thick.head and put off that long fun I'm planning. For me the grass is certainly greener in the other side!
12/01/2013 at 14:02

'long fun' eh - whats that when it at home

12/01/2013 at 14:05
Ooh er Mrs!
Might go out for a run too if I get time..
12/01/2013 at 15:33
Oh no. What a test. Mrs fancies going to the pub now for a drink before dinner. This will be a toughie!
12/01/2013 at 17:41

So it sounds like we're all doing brilliantly so far people. Im not long in from work and have to say the temptation to go out is strong just now. That's why l logged in here to see for myself that other people can manage it therefore so can l.

Absolutely knakcered in truth so a nap is coming up next.

Keep the faith (nearly said spirit haha) everyone. Come Wednesday next week we will all be more than half way though

12/01/2013 at 18:50
Well done everyone

I'm going to a 40th birthday party tonight where I suspect everyone but me and Mrs YP will be getting plastered, so it will be a serious test ... There's only so much diet coke, virgin Mary's and plain tonic a boy can stomach...
12/01/2013 at 18:53
What's a virgin mary?!
12/01/2013 at 20:08
Good luck YP.

Mr F - a Virgin Mary is a Bloody Mary Cocktail but without the Vodka (non-alcoholic).

My trip to the pub went fine - soft drinks all the way.
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
12/01/2013 at 20:17

well done Kev

When I've travelled on the wagon previously, I've been fascinated by the change in people as they drink alcohol. It's the physiological signs I notice first, slack jaw, dilated pupils, then it's the different way that people talk, not just the slurring, but the content of the speech changes. It's one way of amusing yourself while drinking the soft drinks and waiting to drive everyone home I suppose 

I was feeling tired and achey and so wanted a drink this evening, but I went out for a *very* slow run (it's bliddy cold out there as well). I did feel better when I got in and the craving has gone 

12/01/2013 at 22:11
Well done dragon! Well I'm sat here with a pint of water not in the least bit interested in a beer. Well done all!
12/01/2013 at 22:25

Erdinger for me tonight. Now supping a hot mug of Redbush tea. Not been tempted by real alcohol at all. 

Good on you doing a run in the cold YOD.  I will start watching people more I think - interesting observations there. 

13/01/2013 at 09:56

Well done SD.

Just about to go out for a run, that will be 4 in 6 days which is great for me.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.