On The Wagon For January

34,221 to 34,240 of 34,306 messages
11/01/2014 at 22:07

Another dry Saturday Night. Mrs RK decided to have a wine and I even opened and poured it for her!

Will definitely see the month out. 

12/01/2014 at 12:06

Dinner survived

I might have to send one of my cats across the bridge tomorrow - what I was hoping would be hyperhyroidism (and treatable) looks to be something more sinister.  Scan tomorrow

Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
12/01/2014 at 19:02

Oh dear. hope not Maddy, but if it is, I know you'll do the right thing.

Weekend successfully survived.

Edited: 12/01/2014 at 19:03
12/01/2014 at 20:03

Day 12 nearly in the bag then! Everyone seems to be doing OK this year. First week back at work was a challenge but hopefully settled into a routine now.....

gingerfurball    pirate
13/01/2014 at 11:32

YOD and Maddie - so sorry to hear of your furry friend sadness ((hugs))

Well it's official - Sunday is my day to struggle with the demon....I got through ok and I have no problems with the week days (and even Friday and Saturday) - I'll have to find some other way to distract myself on the sabbath!

13/01/2014 at 20:38

GFB - arrange to pop out to say a friend or relative at say 8pm - if you have to drive it will stop you having a drink. Or arrange to go to the gym / pool / cinema with a friend. 

Maddie - hope all ok.

13 days done - almost halfway. 

14/01/2014 at 08:11

Day 14 - tomorrow lunchtime is half way!

14/01/2014 at 19:12

Evening Day 14 over.

The cat died overnight at the vets - no firm diagnosis although there was a mass which was probably diverting all the nourishment, he was eating for three but looked like he was starving. The idea was to see if he responded to the drugs and make the decision today - he made it for me in the end. He was quite lively when I got home last night.

Still no alcohol

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
14/01/2014 at 19:40

Sorry to hear that Maddy. 

well done on the no alcohol

I have come to the conclusion that I prefer chocolate to alcohol. I filled up with chocolate and cake at the weekend, for someone who is trying to lose weight with low carb, that's some fail! No matter I avoided the booze and  I'm back on it today.

Two weeks and we should all be starting to feel the benefits now. I know I certainly am, I've started running again and have gone from run1:walk1 to run 5: walk 1 in less than two weeks. It's slow, but getting there. 

I've more or less decided to go with a 100 day challenge, by my reckoning, I should be down to my proper weight and up to my half marathon fitness by then, fingers crossed and all that.

14/01/2014 at 20:53

Sorry to hear that Maddy.

Sounds like a plan YOD. 

14/01/2014 at 22:29

Sorry about the cat Maddy. Well done on the alcohol front. Still dry here also. Keep it up everyone.

YOD - 100 days sounds like a mission! Am aiming to stay off it until Reading half on 2nd March, which will be 65 days for me. If I'm feeling as good as I should be by then, I might just keep going and try and join you.

gingerfurball    pirate
15/01/2014 at 10:50

Sorry to hear about your kitty Maddy...well done on staying on the plan.

As to 100 days and all that...I'm having a drink on Friday the 31st of January!

But I do know that my habitual drinking will change radically....there will be no mid week drinking...definitely none Monday - Thursday...and much lighter when I do have a glass.

I'm also seeing the benefit in my running (unfortunately lol!!) - and as I'm dieting as well I've seen a loss of 5 lbs so far (proper second week weigh in on Friday)...we have a wee holiday in 6 weeks so I'm proper sticking to the diet until then for sure...but now that I feel that I've got a handle on the booze I can see me working at this until I get to a goal weight.

15/01/2014 at 18:23

Thanks re the cat

100 days sounds like a good idea - just to change things a bit his year.  I usually just see ho wit goes after Jan but maybe a set limit might be a good idea.  It will mean a dry birthday but that doesn't sound too bad at the moment

15/01/2014 at 18:34

Hi all. 

Im staying dry until February 8th we we have a dinner invitation. 

HALFWAY GUYS!!!

15/01/2014 at 18:54

Hey peeps, sorry to hear bad news Maddy. Well done y'all for your continued abstinence. Think everyone has conquered the hard bit. I did wobble at the weekend, bloody selfish stepdaughter and me with a tone of work to do, I kind of lost it about 5.20. Hadn't long been in from my run and was still mightily peed off in spite of endorphins running rampant so ended up having a bit of wine and (whine) with Mrs H. Anyway now back on. Am going to Feb 8th too Kev, although it may be the Friday night I crack.

Anyway keep the faith.

Laters

15/01/2014 at 18:55

tone? ton! Glad I cleared that one up.

Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
15/01/2014 at 21:54

Have to have a raincheck for 22 January, 'cos that's hubby's birthday and he'll be mightily peeved if I refuse to down a glass of champagne with him.

Sorry about the rainbow bridge, Maddy.

16/01/2014 at 20:00

Dry birthday in line for me also if I do the 100 days. 50th as well. Never mind, at least i'll hit 50 feeling healthy instead of old and crap.

17/01/2014 at 10:04

Morning

Still rolling

Had proof that cats are psychic today the two kittens that weren't planned to go to the vet to get fixed happily sat on, in and around the cat carrier smirking while I chased the two that were going around the room  for 10 mins before I could catch them

17/01/2014 at 10:14

Sorry about the cat Maddy, ours is on his last legs too. He's 18 so he hasn't done too bad.
Big test tomorrow. Last 2 weeks have been offshore so no drink anyway (is that kind of cheating?!) but will be home and it's Saturday night so will be v tempting. Planning a long run Sunday morning so hopefully that's incentive enough.

34,221 to 34,240 of 34,306 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.