On The Wagon For January

34,241 to 34,260 of 34,306 messages
17/01/2014 at 10:41

Morning all. Mrs RK passed her second accountacy exam ast night so I cracked the bubly open! I didn's succumb though but couldn't resist the chocolate I bought her too!

So pretty pleased with myself.

Working from home today so managed a daylight run as well - so feeling good.

Good luck for tomorrow Jeremy

fatfella great attitude!

gingerfurball    pirate
17/01/2014 at 10:49

Well done RK!!  I can't believe there are 5 weekends in January lol!!   Anyway - I'm seeing the rewards of the lack of booze and the commitment to the diet...second weigh in today...7lbs off since the start of the year...that'll keep me motivated

17/01/2014 at 12:35

We're looking for people who are doing challenges in January! There is the opportunity to  bag a year's supply of Ben & Jerry's as well  

http://www.thedonation.org.uk/about/doer-month

17/01/2014 at 12:36

Great going GFB, that's good going Kev to resist, chocolate definitely allowed!

17/01/2014 at 23:23

Another Friday night in the bag, albeit with the help of a Becks Blue. 4lbs off now so long run this weekend might feel a bit better too!

18/01/2014 at 08:33

Just off for a run - 3 days in a row - which is very good for me. 

Well done on the weight loss ff and GFB. 

Ive also adopted a LCHF Diet - low carb high fat, so am also losing lots of weight. 

19/01/2014 at 09:03

Morning

Another weekend done.  Feeling a slight increase in motivation but have coughed my side abs into agony so not going to be doing much any time soon

19/01/2014 at 09:27

Morning. Mt middle daughter was 10 yesterday and had 4 friends to sleepover. 

If I can survive that without a drink, I can survive anything.

Off to stay in a hotel for 3 nights today, for a course with work - another challenge!

19/01/2014 at 12:21

Morning all. Sympathise with the cough Maddy, man flu has struck in my house! Yesterday's planned long run turned into a 4 mile struggle.

Kev. Will the running shoes be going with you? When I'm away with work I find the best way to avoid the bar is to try and cram some form of excercise into the evening.

still dropping weight here. Might need to change name as am now down to just over 12 stone. Was never really fat anyway, just had a tyre which I now realise was probably all beer!

have a good week one and all.

Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
19/01/2014 at 14:15

Virus in our house too - OH was off work for a week and the day he went back I got sick! So not allowed alcohol anyway because of the antibiotics.

Edited: 19/01/2014 at 14:16
19/01/2014 at 16:25

Well done all. I survived too, helped by having the moral high ground for once. Got home from offshore to find my OH fell off last weekend! Normally it's me that slips. Going to have to get some Becks blue though, green tea just doesn't cut it I'm afraid.

Know what you mean with the sleepovers Kev, just gets worse when they are teenagers! Fortunately mostly organised when I'm away.

gingerfurball    pirate
20/01/2014 at 10:31

Mine aren't teenagers any more...but it's the 4.5 YO and the 1.5 YO - that wear me out now...but I love them to bits (grand-kids Esmé and Harrison...the apples of my eye ) who's stupid idea was it to have 5 weekends in January!

21/01/2014 at 06:54

Morning

20 days done

11 days left for the januaryers and 20 percent through for the 100 dayers

22/01/2014 at 16:12

I will slip a little tonight as it's my OH's birthday.

22/01/2014 at 20:48

3 days in hotel got through and 22 overall!

Ran in the hotel 3 days in a row so have come back feeling really good.

Enjoy the birthday BI.

23/01/2014 at 11:23

Actually the place we went to stocks Erdinger alcohol-free Weizenbeer, which is what we often drink at home anyway, so I didn't really slip after all!

23/01/2014 at 11:49

We'll done Kev & Ironwolf, it's tough enough just normal days. Personally I'm really starting to want a glass of wine. Just over a week to go so will stay strong, shame to pack it in after getting this far.

gingerfurball    pirate
23/01/2014 at 12:19

+1 on well done to Kev and IW!  I'm looking forward to a cold glass of white too...but I really do think that this time of abstinence has been really beneficial to me - to body and mind!!  I won't go back to drinking as much as I did...ever again!   

23/01/2014 at 21:49

Evening team. Good to see are all still on board (Maddy - you still out there?) Not sure which is worse, the not drinking or the persistent monsoon which appears to have settled in for the month. Playing havoc with the training plan. Ok , bit of a lightweight excuse, but seriously what happened to dry days?

24/01/2014 at 08:16

Morning

Well done IW and Kev plus everyone else.  Third weekend is on us have to say this month is moving very quickly.  I have some heavy work weeks coming up but will be negotiating extended lunch hours a couple of times a week to swim and run

I am very bored of the rain now

34,241 to 34,260 of 34,306 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.