On The Wagon For January

34,281 to 34,300 of 34,306 messages
Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
02/02/2014 at 08:24

My wagon is still rolling along, all four wheels intact

02/02/2014 at 15:39

Well done all. Had a couple of beers last night, was quite restrained ( too knack erred after thames trot! ) glass of wine tonight then back on

02/02/2014 at 22:37

Hi all

had a couple this weekend, but to be honest I now feel like I have let myself down. Back on and heading for the 100 day target (albeit with a weekend off for good behaviour!).

gingerfurball    pirate
03/02/2014 at 11:07

I had a couple of glasses of white wine last night...I didn't enjoy it half as much as I thought I would...and I feel kinda crap today compared to how I was feeling...hmmm...I'll have to rethink this...definitely none this week - but heading away for work this weekend coming which normally entails a lot of wining and dining...

03/02/2014 at 12:32

I wsa struggling with the idea of 100 days during last week which worried me - now I am OK about it

what is it? 42 days to break a habit??

04/02/2014 at 21:19

In that case Maddy 42 days will be up next week!

04/02/2014 at 21:21

That's what they say Maddy. I really didn't feel good about having had a drink at the weekend, and am back with renewed determination. Am generally feeling better, sleeping better and have lost a few lbs, so it must be worth sticking with it.

04/02/2014 at 21:37

Definitely so ff

05/02/2014 at 07:36

I rather rashly entered a middle distance tri yesterday so might stay off until after the race inJune - I thought it was 5 months away but on recalculations its actually 4.  Now the bike won't be a problem but the swim and run are something I will be returning to after quite a long break ermm better get at least on eof each done htis week then

05/02/2014 at 11:43

Well done Maddy.

This weekend will be a test. We are going to friends to watch the rugby and staying for dinner on Saturday - so I've decided to have a treat and have a drink. Real test is now that I'm having a 'night off' will it turn in to a weekend off?

05/02/2014 at 12:19

Good Luck Kev

Maybe you could take some alcohol free stuff of your own

Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
06/02/2014 at 16:01

Had surgery this afternoon on my hand, so I could do with couple of glasses of wine, but I can't have any alcohol for 24 hours. Funny isn't it, staying off the sauce is easy when it's your own idea but when it's enforced that's different!

09/02/2014 at 15:12

Hope you recover quickly BI. 

A couple of planned beers on the weekend but back on the wagon until Friday - Valentines Day!

09/02/2014 at 21:00

I am still rolling and nearly at the point where I don't think about it on a Friday

Well done on the moderation/abstinence which ever you are all doing

14/02/2014 at 09:47

Hi all - Happy Valentines Day.

Cooking for Mrs RK tonight and may pop out for a quick drink, but that's it for this weekend. Pleased with that as I would usually always have a drink on Saturday. Also went out with 6 colleagues in Manchester on Tuesday night and I drunk water and hit the hotel gym at 6.30 the next morning. Boy did I feel smug at breakfast the next morning when they said they were feeling jaded! So overall, my alcohol consumption has cut significantly which I'm most pleased about.

Well done Maddy!

I hope everyone else is where they hope to be as well.

15/02/2014 at 08:17

Despite it being Valentines and we were child free, limited my night off to 4 Guinness and 1 glass of wine so please with that. 

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
15/02/2014 at 11:21

Well done Kev - both on the cooking and the restraint alcofrolicwise 

I went to a wedding last weekend and relaxed and enjoyed. I didn't keep tabs on the drink because there were waiters topping up and a couple bottles of wine on the table. I also had time with family that I don't see often enough.

My concern was what would happen when I came home. Would my body (and mind) be craving more? Actually no, straight back on the wagon and no thought of having a drink. I did have a discussion with one of my brothers and we came to the conclusion that it was ok and even wise not to start the 100 day challenge all over again, just tack 2 days on the end . It wouldn't stand up to the purists, but then I've never been one of them!

This means the 100 days finishes just before my birthday, nice timing

15/02/2014 at 11:59

Good attitude Dragon - if we start obsessing then I think we actually have some sort of problem abit deeper than we want to admit - not necessarily about alcohol though.

I haven't had a drink yet this year despite some nights out and I am now at the point where I don't think about it apart from when I see someone has posted on this thread -  

50 days and half way is next week for me.  i will endup having a dry birthday but alcohol won't matter if I get to spend it with the people I want to I will have a laugh regardless

20/02/2014 at 08:37

Over 50 day alcohol free

gingerfurball    pirate
20/02/2014 at 09:50

Well done Maddy!!  

I'm just having the odd glass here and there...and my decisions seem to have switched from - will I have an alcohol free day  - to will I have a glass of wine tonight...the former is now the default and I'm happy with that.  We're going on holidays next week and I'll enjoy the local libations - then back to now what is normality...ie. many more alcohol free days as opposed to booze every night.

34,281 to 34,300 of 34,306 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.