On The Wagon For January

34,421 to 34,440 of 34,606 messages
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
10/02/2013 at 15:02

Thanks RK - what kind of dogs are yours? We once had a little Westie successfully take the obedience level 1 exam at our club - from a distance you couldn't really tell whether she was sitting or laying down but the judge gave her the benefit of the doubt!

Getting comfy on the sofa now to watch the Ireland-England rugby. Feel I've earned a lazy afternoon, swam 3000m today, ran 2 miles and did a Pilates workout.

10/02/2013 at 17:07
Hi BI. We have a miniature schnauzer and a shih tzu x jack russell both under 15 months old.
11/02/2013 at 06:12

That 2nd one sounds an interesting sort of mix!

11/02/2013 at 06:28
He is BI. He has the boisterous character of a JR to go with it as well!
11/02/2013 at 20:30

l really need to get back on the wagon for a few weeks now. Want to start my sheffield half mara training this week as im off work and told myself im not going to drink whilst im not earning.

Hopefully that can be the catalyst for another period of abstination.

Massive well done to all of you who have been on since crimbo and even to those of you who've only had the odd wee accident.

12/02/2013 at 20:18

Evening

Still rolling not fallen off yet

Bit of a test lst night first night away with work in a hotel this year - but I survived

12/02/2013 at 20:47
Good going Maddy. I was away as well but managed to stick to fizzy water. Have now decided to try and go until Easter - doing the giving up for lent bit.
12/02/2013 at 20:49
Great going Maddy.

Nice one ff.
12/02/2013 at 21:58

I feel so much better without the alcohol (not that I drink all that much anyway, just wine with Sunday dinner) that I think I'm also going to stretch it out a bit longer.

13/02/2013 at 20:51

Evening

Its a bit sugarladen but I like the fruit juices like J2O toppedup with lemonade - soda water sometimes goes down fast though

I am calmer without alcohol - I was getting tearful too often in the run up to xmas and that has stopped

15/02/2013 at 21:18
Evening all. Beck's Blue tonight's choice of tipple. Still finding Friday nights quite hard. Must just be long ingrained habit I suppose!
16/02/2013 at 11:51

Morning all. Weather is nicer, managed a run in shorts and t-shirt today - no leggings or coat!

Was glad to get out this morning as not a good week training or alcohol wise - pancake day (food) and Valentines (food and champagne) got in the way - feeble excuses I know.

16/02/2013 at 14:48

Afternoon

First ride of significance for months - it was slow but my arse is complaining about being on a bike saddle for so long

So by Wednesday I will decide whether to roll into March - Part of me doesn't think I have really cracked it yet

18/02/2013 at 06:39
Your going good Maddy.

Not a great weekend for me but hey ho!

These winter Monday mornings don't get any easier do they?
18/02/2013 at 09:40

They do when you don't have to go to work today!

18/02/2013 at 10:53

I think maybe this is the place for me to try to feel good about myself. I had a shit birthday over the weekend. Everything went wrong, I spent it alone, I got hugely let down by a guy and the evening ended up in a massive argument. I went to see my favourite band which I didnt even see properly as we were too far back.

And still. Didnt have a single drink of alcohol.

2 days later I'm still pissed off and angry and upset that one day that is supposed to be MY BIRTHDAY can go so horribly wrong. I feel the urge to get so pissed I go in to a coma. But I haven't.

Wish I could just let go of this pain, but I can't.

18/02/2013 at 14:52
Hang in there Elli. I fell off big style last night so am feeling useless, but am determined to haul myself back on again.
18/02/2013 at 18:05
Remember how many more good days you've had as opposed to not good this year and realise how well you've done even with the odd hop on and off.

Elli, hopefully your real bad day has passed and things will improve from here.
18/02/2013 at 20:17

Ellie I hope that you are feeling better

I find I sometimes feel things a bit more intensly at the moment - calmer but still sometimes feelings are sharper - I think at some point we have emotional clear outs as well as physical ones and form a past experience when I did a very good eating pattern for a while the emotional detox can be scary - I turned into a screaming banshee for a few days

05/04/2013 at 21:53

BOING! Anyone else still on the wagon?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.