LittleGopher
Maddy.
Ms. Mouse
Ready Brek
Scottishharimau
Sue
Sweetest Thing
01/01/2007 at 11:27
Just poured two cans of Beck's down the sink this morning.

Not sure about being dry for all of January, but I'm definitely cutting down radically this month.

Fed up with feeling and looking like sh1te.
01/01/2007 at 15:06
Well done B - im back now from my time away with friends and im raring to go. No more alcohol for me....i didn't even get drunk last night (big pat on the back for me!)

What other resolutions have you all made???
01/01/2007 at 15:48
Other resolutions KF?!

Isn't abstinence from alcohol for the WHOLE of January enough?
01/01/2007 at 16:26
no...we need something more challenging than that don't we?
Im planning to run a half marathon by March 1st, swim 5k on March 24th for charity, lose another stone in weight by August 1st and do an aqua thon at the end of the year. Oh and have more sex.......
01/01/2007 at 16:48
I've just ran a marathon three weeks ago, I swim alot as it is and I don't have a spare stone to loose.. guess it looks like I'll have to join you on the last one then :-)
01/01/2007 at 16:57
I'll climb aboard that wagon

Aviator
BuckarooBanzai
Calf
Cath.
Chieftan Tank
GMI
Corinthian
Gowster
Ironwolf
IWDI
(Jumping Jack) Flash
Just-Jamie
Kathy Ramsay (oops....i mean Findlay)
Kencing Terus
KKD
LittleGopher
Maddy.
Ms. Mouse
Ready Brek
Scottishharimau
Sue
Sweetest Thing

Hope those who 'fall off' will honest enough to admit it.

(Checks his stash of booze 4 bottles of single malt, 19 bottles of red wine, 22 cans of assorted lager, 10 bottles of Guinness and some grappa brandy...)
01/01/2007 at 17:03
Well if you can't beat them join them, will be starting Wednesday as have to wet babs head with Sis Tuesday night. Have banished booze to the shed, out of sight etc and Mrs Huge can't drink either cos of boob feeding so its only fair really.It only remains to say, Good Luck to all!

Aviator
BuckarooBanzai
Calf
Cath.
Chieftan Tank
GMI
Corinthian
Gowster
Huge
Ironwolf
IWDI
(Jumping Jack) Flash
Just-Jamie
Kathy Ramsay (oops....i mean Findlay)
Kencing Terus
KKD
LittleGopher
Maddy.
Ms. Mouse
Ready Brek
Scottishharimau
Sue
Sweetest Thing
01/01/2007 at 20:36
Day one nearly over and done with, i thought today would be easy, but i had an offer of a pub lunch (i know you dont have to drink) and then a friend has just rung to see if i would like a couple of pints. It took him nearly 20 mins to stop laughing and still thinks am winding him up. That probably means that i was drinking way too much before and could do with the break.
01/01/2007 at 20:43
Out for long walk today and we stopped off at the pub for a drink - Mr ST had beer, I had coffee.

Lovely to waken up on New Year's Day with a clear head, after only having 2 glasses of sine last night.

Hope everyone else is finding it okay.

KKD
01/01/2007 at 20:51
2 glasses of sine, ST?? Great typo! :-)

I'm just back from a BIG dinner at my parents house. A starting drink was offered, bubbly was popped, wines with th meal, port, cointrea(sp) etc with coffee and I was a god girl! I do confess to the tiniest sip of champers to toast everyones good health in 2007 - well it would have been rude not too. For the rest of the day it was fizzy water. I feel so ....... hydrated! :-/

Anyone fall off the wagon on day one?
KKD
01/01/2007 at 20:53
It would have been worse if I'd left the "e" off as well, KKD!!

"two glasses of sin"

;-p
KKD
01/01/2007 at 20:57
Now 2 glasses of sin sounds like fun!
KKD
01/01/2007 at 21:09
Call in at the Runner's Arms some evening and I'll make sure it's on the menu, KKD.

tee hee
01/01/2007 at 23:23
I will, but only for the weekdays.

There's far too much rugby on at the moment to abstain on the weekends.
01/01/2007 at 23:56
So far so good....
Calf    pirate
02/01/2007 at 00:12
1.5 days in now!

I can do it!!!!!
02/01/2007 at 07:09
Day 1 - booze free, never even felt like one even though I'm back to work today.

02/01/2007 at 08:44
Didn't miss the booze yesterday mostly due to the hangover from New Year.

Was good and tipped 1/2 botle of remaining Baileys down the sink. Yuk.

The only problem now is what to do with the wine club order (12 bottles) that is due to arrive this week? I guess we just stick it in the cupboard under the stairs for a few months...

Feeling positive though - MrLG is giving up too, so that helps.

HNY all!
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
02/01/2007 at 09:35
Although I've not been drunk at any time, I've certainly drunk a lot of wine and champers over the past two weeks, so much so that I don't even fancy it at all. And tonight tri club swim training starts up again, so it's deffo a day for making sure I'm not dehydrated.
61 to 80 of 34,306 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.