On The Wagon For January

141 to 160 of 34,306 messages
03/01/2007 at 16:11
DG, i agree, if the soft drinks were better then i would be more likley to drink them. As it is they are either sickly or full of colours. and rip off prices.

Maybe we should invent a range of heathy drinks, that could be sold in pubs at low prices with goverment sponsership and anti drink drive backing.

or not?

we could be millionaires be next jan?

In the meantime can you lend us a fiver
03/01/2007 at 16:27
That's an excellent idea IWDI but I think you may have to go it alone without the aid of government backing given the amount of duty they receive from the sales of alcohol!
03/01/2007 at 16:30
I always thought that going to a pub and not having a pint or five is kind of like going to a gym and not using gym equipment. :-)

The drink driving solution is an easy one, get a taxi. Taxi drivers need your business; picking people up from pubs is the cornerstone of their livelihood.

Duck Girl    pirate
03/01/2007 at 16:34
oh, i dunno - selling healthy fruit smoothies & juice, thereby reducing alcohol consumption and feeding people more fruit & veg, would save the NHS lots I think. But IWDI, just think how much you will have saved by next Jan if you don't drink alcohol 'till then - maybe we could set up our own chain of late-night juice bars with decent live bands & stuff, but no alcohol or smoking? I think there's a definite gap in the market there...
Duck Girl    pirate
03/01/2007 at 16:37
jason - lots of people seem to go to gyms mostly to for a hard jacuzzi session, followed by a sauna, and a choc bar on the way out!
03/01/2007 at 17:11
Hi all just back after the holdays and been dry for 3 days

hows everyone else going...
03/01/2007 at 17:29
Hey SH - I'm doing ok. Haven't touched a drop for 3 day either, altho i have felt like it..ALOT!
03/01/2007 at 17:33
DG, i know what you mean, but if you look at a typical friday night then you will notice that most are on the pull, and they arent too fussy about the state of partners let alone drinks.

Jason x, i think your missig the point a little. The idea is to stop to be healthy!!
03/01/2007 at 17:33
KF - good to hear you have stayed away from the evil drink. It has been hard for me as well but the longer you stay off the easier it gets...

:-)

03/01/2007 at 17:41
SH- i hear you...loud and clear
03/01/2007 at 17:42
Have had a really good run tonight, only short but it excelled the pace/speed expectations of my sub 3:45 programme, which means I'm in the frame of mind where I'm thinking I deserve a drink!!! .... And what with lots of christmas wine and cider still about (and the anticipation of seeing and celebrating The Hoff on celebrity Big Brother ;-))...... I suspect tonight could be breaking point :-/

I shall try to be strong :-)
03/01/2007 at 17:57
Running Caz - sod it and join me. I've just put a bottle of bubbly in to chill, life is too s**t to be sober!
03/01/2007 at 18:00
KF - Now Now.........

03/01/2007 at 18:23
SH - I'm just pleased now that i didn't waste anymore of my time......
03/01/2007 at 18:28
Come on now KF, I don't think you're really trying..
03/01/2007 at 19:05
wasting time with hangovers...?
03/01/2007 at 19:45
Are you joking KF ? think how much better you`ll feel tomorrow if you resist tonight.

Well done on your run RC, stay strong.
KKD
03/01/2007 at 19:47
Come on Caz and Kathy you can do it. Get a non-alcholic drink and out it in a long glass with loads of ice and lemon, swizzle sticks, unbrellas, cherries.... whatever to make it special.

Its only a month! Think how great you felt after managing that great pace and how even more smug you can get it you don't have a drink. Think of the end result. How good will you feel having abstained for a month!!

You can do it folks!!!! Don't let the rest of us down!
KKD
03/01/2007 at 19:50
no worries everyone - its still in the fridge with the cork unpopped!
Having a very bad day, really need help to relax, but im trying to find another way to do this....plus i have outrageous PMT.
i've also entered myself into a triathlon in june, and i don't know why
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
03/01/2007 at 19:52
Come on now ladies, no giving in so easily. Life doesn't have to revolve around alcohol, you know. The argument about life being short doesn't wash - if you keep drinking at the rate you're going, caz, life will indeed be short.
141 to 160 of 34,306 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.