Online dating sites

Which is the best and are they full of wierdos?

81 to 100 of 104 messages
20/01/2013 at 14:29

Eggy if my comments have offended you I apologise I don't supppose tact is one of my strong points. I merely made the comment that it was easy to get dates from Plentyoffish, and I can see we have different reasons for "fishing"

Lardarse probably put it better than I could by saying that if you're struggling on there you really do need to revise your methods. Which with all due respect is not down to how I use the site at all.

If the site was not made for people like me there wouldn't be a section made for it

20/01/2013 at 14:50

Nick - I have no issue with folk using these sites for casual fates or flings if that is what they openly state they are looking for on them. I saw profiles of women who had 'wants to date but nothing serious' and just ignored them as that wasn't what I was looking for. What I take issue with is false advertising that you are looking for a relationship just to try and get laid.

I gave up on Plenty Of Fish and the other sites about a year ago. I have no intention of pretending to be something I'm not by revising anything. I just accepted I wasn't what the single ladies in my area are looking for and just focus on my own stuff these days. I've given up on ever having another relationship.

20/01/2013 at 15:08

I think you're taking things too personally. As for giving up, do you not realise that people pick up on your demeanour, and maybe thats letting you down. Shape yourself there's plenty out there

20/01/2013 at 15:19

I went in postive and came out jaded.

I couldn't care less what people think I'm like as I'm not looking. I'm getting too old to find what I actually wanted from life anyway, a loving relationdhip and children, so I've settled for just me, myself and I.

Edited: 20/01/2013 at 15:19
20/01/2013 at 19:29

39 isn't that old !   

20/01/2013 at 21:02

I wish I was 39 !!

20/01/2013 at 21:54

39-year-olds are hot.

20/01/2013 at 22:13

So are older people, but I am not saying how much older I only tell my age when I am being overtaken by some young whippersnapper in a race who thinks they are being big and clever ! 

Edited: 20/01/2013 at 22:16
20/01/2013 at 22:37

well, I'm not 39 either, but I won't say how much younger... 

However, I'm old enough to get overtaken by young whippersnappers in cross country!

21/01/2013 at 07:52

I'm 39, i'm not hot, it's bloody freezing!

21/01/2013 at 08:28

I'm on Guardian Soulmates. It's only been a few months so maybe I'll get jaded, but I don't think it's horrendous. Virtually everyone I've met up with has been interesting and I've had good evenings, it's just not gone anywhere. Online dating is basically a way of meeting someone, you still need everything else to happen the way it does in real life. You wouldn't be disappointed if you went to a friend's dinner party and didn't feel a thunder bolt.

Edited to say I know quite a few people who have had "success" online, although a lot have been disappointed. In terms of relationships it's worked very well for gay friends.

Edited: 21/01/2013 at 08:33
27/04/2013 at 19:41

I'm a developer at twoo.com. we are the best, haha.

On a more serious note, we're quite big and not just dating, more like social discovery. If you want to meet up with people near you, for whichever reason, give it a try.

And as a shameless self-advertisement hook: we became the biggest dating site in just 18 months, worldwide that is. Now we're kind of trying to move on towards social discovery, meaning that you should be able to use twoo to find people with shared interests, like running. 

also, let this be an open invitation to ask me questions or give us suggestions about the whole dating site thing

kittenkat    pirate
27/04/2013 at 19:45

'Social Discovery', is that the new name for Care in the Community?

Just askin'

27/04/2013 at 21:55

nah, it's just the 2012-13 way of saying: meeting new friends online . so basically, we want to help people find friends and likeminded people nearby (or far away, if you like).

27/04/2013 at 22:03

I know someone who went on Uniform Dating  dot com.  She got chatting with a lovely guy who was stationed overseas, she had his photo on her desktop for months, flowers in the post the works.  Eventually they were set to meet but he got posted overseas again then had to go AWOL to Nigeria because his business partner was in difficulties, who then absconded, then he got arrested on the way to the airport and needed bail money... I have never asked her exactly how much money she lost, needless to say he did not actually exist in the form she thought he did.

She has found someone much nicer who she has been chatting with for months now and not met yet, but he has just got diagnosed with bowel cancer...

So so difficult to tell somneone who has invested emotions in a relationship they think is perfectly real, that it looks very very dodgy to the outsider.  Everyone is careful to start with, but these evil criminals have almost infinite patience... be warned...

10/04/2014 at 14:10

I registered on Masslover dot com and quickly subscribed for 3 months... I did chat and meet women. Of course not everybody answered me when I tried to chat but that has nothing to do with the site, just people who aren't polite.. People , can't you even say « no sorry not interested » ??!!?

10/04/2014 at 14:13

And that wouldn't be an advert there would it Terry? 

10/04/2014 at 14:53

I've been on POF for a few months now, no luck for me so far, although admittedly I've not made it a high priority.  Started chatting to a few people and seemed to be getting on well only to have them block me or stop replying for no obvious reason. I get that people may find someone else but surely when you've traded emails for a few weeks, a quick "I'm seeing someone else" isn't much to ask.

There seems a few women on there claiming to be diva/princess - are there really people out there who find that attractive? To me that screams high maintenance and someone who just wants pandering to.

10/04/2014 at 15:05

If you are actually prepared say you are a diva/princess how much worse must you be in real life? 

You're right to steer clear XFR!

10/04/2014 at 15:19

Quite Screamy!

81 to 100 of 104 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.