Only in America?

Coming to a town near you.....

21 to 29 of 29 messages
04/02/2011 at 16:18

Birmingham Uni used to do "Micks Caff" race when I was there in the 80's.

You used to down two pints of beer run about two miles to Micks Caff eat a full English including a mug of tea run back to the Uni and then down two more pints.

I never won but was second twice, but our department won the race two years running. 

It was then banned after someone was sick down a bus queue

04/02/2011 at 16:45
Piers wrote (see)

It was then banned after someone was sick down a bus queue

LOL!

No sense of humour, some people!

04/02/2011 at 17:21

I've read the full article and it did make  chukle, sadly they only give the plain doughnuts.

One of the best races in the USA  is Miller half marathon were all finishers get a six pack of Miller genuine draught. The funny thing about this race is that all the homeless hide in the bushes at the finish and try to steal the six packs from the finishing area.

There is also the Hooters half marathon in Florida were at the end you are greeted with Chicken wings and beer.

04/02/2011 at 17:24
I like Krispy Kremes. Not sure I could eat 12 though. 6 maybe.
04/02/2011 at 17:29
Dunkin Donuts are better!
04/02/2011 at 18:16

Chicken wings and beer ... not what I would be expecting at the end of the Hooters half mara

I did the beer race for three years in a row at Surrey Uni. Teams of three, bound together, mixed gender, half a pint at pretty much every pub in Guildford. Untying yourselves meant disqualification, which was interesting when we needed to empty our bladders.

I have no idea what position my teams were in by the time we got back to campus,and was too pissed to care.

Basil Brush Mk II    pirate
04/02/2011 at 20:06
I like Kripsy Kremes. But two at a time would be my limit. And definitely not pre-, post- or during running.
04/02/2011 at 20:10
PhilPub wrote (see)

Eating challenges are not big and they're not clever!

(But I still hold the record for eating an octuple eggburger from Greasy Joe's burger van in 1989, as far as I'm aware.)

I misread that as an octopus egg burger!
05/02/2011 at 09:08
The challenge  does sound particularly revolting. I've eaten Krispy Kremes in the US and the UK (although not a regular occurrence, far too sweet for me) and have to say you wouldn't think they were the same product the UK ones are gross.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 29 of 29 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.