Ordinary things that have never happened to you

81 to 100 of 114 messages
04/07/2012 at 10:09

Oh yes, and I've never been in the bookie's either. Or done jury service but I will soon be testifying in court as a witness, apparently.

JvR
04/07/2012 at 13:10

@SEF - Bladerunner, Wizard of Oz, Casablanca, Harvey?

I've never:
done drugs
been to the opera or ballet
been to Disneyworld (although I was in Orlando for 24 hours)
parachuted from a plane or sky dived

04/07/2012 at 13:22

Sussex Runner (NLR) wrote (see)

Imagine finding out with two weeks to live that Ask was the place of your dreams(it won't be)

I worked in ASK for just over 2 years. Food was ok, we got a staff meal every shift and most the staff ate there. One thing I'd say in its favour was that (out of 1 other restaurant and four bars)  it was the cleanest place I;ve ever worked.There were regular hygene inspections and high standards were expected.

I've thought of another - I've never been in a fight. I was attacked by a group of teenagers walking through Croydon late and night, but as all I did was try and hold down my skirt rather than fight back, I wouldn't count it as a fight!

04/07/2012 at 15:53

never used or owned a mobile 'phone

04/07/2012 at 16:01

Also don't have a facebook account or follow anybody on Twitter

04/07/2012 at 16:41

have never

been to a music concert

been to pizzahut/pizza express

slept in a tent(and never will)

had a candlelight dinner

04/07/2012 at 16:51

I've never seen Loulabell with her clothes on. Mind you, I've never seen Loulabell.

May I add my name to the list of people who've never seen Star Wars. It's odd, but I haven't and I have no desire to. Strange because I love Star Trek.

I've never been to the US, not neither. I suppose I'd like to, but it seems like too much effort.

I've never been on the London Eye, despite being born and bred here.

I've never used the words 'he/she was like' to mean 'he/she said'.

I've just read this back and it's very dull. Sorry.

04/07/2012 at 17:20

Ah good one.  As a Londoner, I've never been inside Madame Tussauds, the Tower of London, Buckingham Palace, Houses of Parliament or St. Paul's Cathedral (I should probably do something about the last one though, one of my favourite buildings to look at from the outside, just never been in...) or been on an open-top bus.

Edited: 04/07/2012 at 17:21
04/07/2012 at 17:22

Houses of Parliament and St Paul's both definitely worth it. You won't catch me going into Buck Palace, however, unless it's being overrun by sans culottes and the royal family are strung up outside.

04/07/2012 at 17:24

I've never flown on Ryanair. Or Easyjet.

Iron Pugsley    pirate
04/07/2012 at 17:32
I've never read a book or seen a film of Harry potter or lord of the rings.
04/07/2012 at 17:38

I've never done an Ironman.

04/07/2012 at 17:46

Ditto Harry Potter. I don't feel I've missed out!

04/07/2012 at 18:15

Peter Collins wrote (see)

I've never seen Loulabell with her clothes on. Mind you, I've never seen Loulabell.

i DO wear clothes y'know....just not very big ones... and they are always pretty.

anyway, i have never seen starwars films either

Dark Vader    pirate
04/07/2012 at 18:32
kittenkat wrote (see)

I've never eaten sushi.

I've only recently (since last November) found a love of sushi....  it tastes much better than it looks...  and even the Tesco sushi lunch box for £3 is pretty reasonable..     well worth a try if you've never had it.    There is a proper Japanese sushi restaurant near me who also do take-aways and they make it to order right there in front of you..  its an art form and very clever how they do it.

Yum  !

04/07/2012 at 18:41
Sushi is a huge favourite in our house. My 5 year olds very favourite place to eat is Moshi Moshi in Brighton. Yo Sushi is not for us though and Oki Nami is Fat Boy Slim's place but doesn't have the atmosphere.

Supermarket sushi I wouldn't touch. Like Dark Vadar(seems half the people on this thread don't get the pun) say you want to see them make it fresh before your eyes.

Have even made it myself with limited success. Errrrrrr...... think I've pretty much eaten everything. Never eaten insects.......intentionally anyway. Probably would in the right place. Never been to South East Asia
04/07/2012 at 20:39

Have never been to Buckingham Palace either despite being a Londoner. The VLM this year was the first time I've ever seen the place in the flesh.

04/07/2012 at 21:47

I have never had an affair. Nor would I...

04/07/2012 at 22:03
How very un Pagan
04/07/2012 at 22:50

Un pagan...

Does paganism interest you NLR?

81 to 100 of 114 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.