Our relationship with animals

21 to 25 of 25 messages
23/05/2012 at 15:38

call me soppy if you like but this quote says more about why I have a dog than I can - if you have a dog you will understand, if you don't you won't!

<span style="font-family: arial;">"He is my other eyes that can see above the clouds; my other ears that hear above the winds. He is the part of me that can reach out into the sea. He has told me a thousand times over that I am his reason for being; by the way he rests against my leg; by the way he thumps his tail at my smallest smile; by the way he shows his hurt when I leave without taking him. (I think it makes him sick with worry when he is not along to care for me.) When I am wrong, he is delighted to forgive. When I am angry, he clowns to make me smile. When I am happy, he is joy unbounded. When I am a fool, he ignores it. When I succeed, he brags. Without him, I am only another man. With him, I am all-powerful. He is loyalty itself. He has taught me the meaning of devotion. With him, I know a secret comfort and a private peace. He has brought me understanding where before I was ignorant. His head on my knee can heal my human hurts. His presence by my side is protection against my fears of dark and unknown things. He has promised to wait for me... whenever... wherever - in case I need him. And I expect I will - as I always have. He is just my dog."
- Gene Hill

23/05/2012 at 15:58

I love my dog he loves everyone....

except today when he runs,unsee, into the garden with a bag of cardboard , and shredded said cardboard all over the lawn

23/05/2012 at 16:02
Emmy_bug wrote (see)

I think pets can make a great companion but you have to realise that they're pets and need the rules and boundaries. I think you should only have a pet if you can take care of it and provide for it as it needs.

Same with kids!

23/05/2012 at 16:14

this is probably going too far though with anthropmorherwhatsitting (can't spell it either!)

http://gal.patheticcockroach.com/var/albums/humor/Attention_dog_guardians.jpg?m=1297371735

23/05/2012 at 17:40

The last dog brought into my house stank the place out. A day of air fresheners and febreeze followed. My sister has dogs which she brings along to fart their stuff.

Companionship and a few years of picking up dog shit. 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 25 of 25 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.