Pancakes

21 to 30 of 30 messages
11/11/2002 at 23:10
I'm Canadian, so it has GOT to be thick pancakes with maple syrup, which is truly the nectar of the gods...
11/11/2002 at 23:11
PS: Is it because winter is closing in that there are so many warm, high carb treat threads going at the moment???

DC
11/11/2002 at 23:20
Vrap,
Whoh, whats all this cooking stuff I have trouble heating up a tin of soup.
Cant you buy frozen in the supermarket......
Psi
12/11/2002 at 00:24
There's a fantastic pancake place in Inverness - they do waffles too. Yum yum yum.
12/11/2002 at 06:41
Jif lemon and sweetener. Yummy. I'm drooling.....
12/11/2002 at 17:58
V-Rap
Thanks very much fot the recipe- We'll try them out when we return from ante-natal. I can't wait (for the pancakes that is).
12/11/2002 at 19:50
Dayla,
I love Canadian style pancakes too! And the maple syrup is heavenly.
Fortunately, I also love thin pancakes - yes, I've got a lot of love to give when it comes to good food.
12/11/2002 at 22:54
Hild, how is the thesis going? Mine is at a dead standstill, even though all I need to do is some correcting and editing. It would help if I did not have 14 hour per day job...

Ah pancakes. All shapes and sizes will do!

DC
12/11/2002 at 23:27
Dayla,
come over to the darkside where I do most of my ranting. I'm nearly done with chapter 8, out of a total of 9. Then, come January, I get 6 months to make it presentable. So basically, I can't get to sleep at night, my social life consists of watching films with my boyfriend (who is also finishing his thesis) because I'm too knackered to even think about partying, my eating habits are crap, and I wish my mum and dad didn't live 3,500 miles away.

Bet you wished you'd never asked! But on the good side, I am progressing steadily despite all the pain (and b1tching).
13/11/2002 at 09:47
Gaz, you're absolutely right. Why bother? You can buy packets of pancakes in the bakery section of the supermarket, they're ALMOST as good as home-made, they freeze very well and are delicious microwaved and eaten with jam or lemon and sugar.

All you lose is that initial few minutes when you take them off the girdle and eat them at their very best. Can't be beaten.

Codfather, if an antenatal clinic features in your family life, be sure to cook the pancakes all the way through and not leave them sticky in the middle. Don't want to risk salmonella from the eggs, do we?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 30 of 30 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.