Pasta recipes needed

Need inspiration..

1 to 20 of 43 messages
26/02/2003 at 10:02
Look, I eat packetfuls of the stuff, but I am getting bored of my present repertoire of one recipe, and you lot are always going on about yummy stuff, so be a pal and help a Barkle!?

PS no sprouts.

Ta
26/02/2003 at 10:08
Pasta, Pesto, sweetcorn, Tuna and a little bit of mayo, not loads... Just a little!
26/02/2003 at 10:14
Cook lots of garlic in olive oil. Add a grated courgette and a little lemon juice. Add shaved parmesan and then mix it into cooked pasta. If you are Mr Badger, this is lovely, but if you are just Badger, then sometimes you just get a green sticky goo, still lovely tho!!
26/02/2003 at 10:15
Green sticky goo is what you get when you cook mmine too! Wow
26/02/2003 at 10:15
<<meerkat escapes from Mature thread for rare outing>>
Hi Barkles - two good ones...
1 - make red pesto. Into the food processor go two handfuls of toasted walnuts, five or six sun dried tomatoes, handful of parmesan, two garlic cloves. Whizz. Slowly add enough olive oil to get the consistency of single cream. Mix in with your freshly cooked pasta.
2 - lemon cream sauce. Cook pasta and meanwhile gently fry in butter the zest of a lemon. After a minute, add half a glass of white wine and the juice of the lemon. Cook quickly for a couple of minutes then add cream. Pour over the cooked pasta together with parmesan and handful of chopped parsley.
Yum yum.
26/02/2003 at 10:16
If you make your own pesto... Toasted pine nuts... Mmmmmmmmmmm
cns
26/02/2003 at 10:37
bacon and mushroom tagliatelle
(used to use a packet mix but now use my own recipe)

chop up some smokey bacon (maybe streaky if you like) discard some but not all of the fat. Put if into a non-stick frying pan without any oil/lard etc and cook it off gentley. Bung in a finely diced onion and one or two gloves of garlic (according to taste) and sweat off until soft but not coloured. Then add a good couple of handfuls of sliced mushrooms. When the mushrooms have coloured, add in a tin of chopped tomatoes. Then add a couple of tablespoons each of dried basil, oregano and rosemary, season with black pepper and lea n perrins to taste. Leave to simmer gently. (Don't boil the shit out of it)

Cook some dried tagliatelle according to instructions on packet. Drain and then mix with the sauce.

I ove it. Eat it maybe two or three times a week. If you don't do bacon, then sweat off the onion in a little olive oil and add a tin of tuna just before mixing with the pasta. YOu can add in some dried chilli to pep things up a bit too if you like.

M.
26/02/2003 at 10:39
Meerkat - I'm tempted to leave work and go home right now so I can try that lemon cream sauce.
M.
26/02/2003 at 10:49
I'm a bit boring when it comes to pasta (and many other things besides before anyone else quips in). Just get a load of veg - courgettes, mushrooms, carrots, whatever - and add a tomato sauce, either a jar for when you couldn't be bothered, or make a simple one with onions, chopped tomatoes, garlic, depending upon taste.

I generally make a big pan of this and just add enough to the pasta when I cook that.

There was a thread on penne with pine nuts and parsley or something that which was here a few weeks ago.
26/02/2003 at 10:52
Another one:

Smoked sausage with spicy tomato sauce (tinned tommies, purree, garlic, chili, anything else you fancy-sweetcorn for me)
WildWill    pirate
26/02/2003 at 11:11
Go to Asda and but the fresh pasta that is suffed with various thing - very good
26/02/2003 at 12:36
Badger / Jon - nothing wrong with green sticky goo... ;¬)
26/02/2003 at 12:37
My favourite pasta dish is steak and chips or tiddyoggy and chips.
26/02/2003 at 12:40
May regret this but what is a tiddyoggy? I recognise the "and chips" thing.
26/02/2003 at 12:45
Sorry.

Its a cornish pasty (sounds like pasta doesnt it)
26/02/2003 at 12:46
Actuall Barkles, I have a great recipe book called The Pasta Bible. I'll have a look tonight to see who its written by. Unless anyone else knows.
Moe
26/02/2003 at 12:53
improvised three step pasta

1. start cooking pasta

2. grab anything and everything thats lying around in the fridge, chop it, grate it or slice it and saute.... suate... sowte?..........COOK it in olive oil.

3. Mix together add cream, yogurt or sauce, oregano or mixed herbs and serve.

you always end up with something different and tasty (as long as you're sensible.........oh well, wasted here then)
Moe
26/02/2003 at 12:56
Two pans, less washing up and its quick!
26/02/2003 at 12:58
Yes Moe but what if you've only got Stella in your fridge??

You ever tried grating Stella?

26/02/2003 at 13:05
Pastella!!
It could catch on Chimp!!
1 to 20 of 43 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.