Paula's guide and pacemaker...

...give the guy some thanks.

1 to 20 of 24 messages
16/10/2002 at 10:49
Folks

If you want to thank Weldon Johnson for doing such a great job pacing and guiding our Paula to her world record on Sunday, you can email him at: weldonjohnson@letsrun.com

Also, he wrote a really interesting piece about pacing some of the elite men at last year's Chicago marathon - http://www.letsrun.com/wejospeaks.html

Go on, give the guy a virtual pat on the back - he deserves it.

Neil
16/10/2002 at 11:36
boing
16/10/2002 at 11:51
boing
16/10/2002 at 12:28
I read that last night as it was v interesting. Just a thought..but perhaps we can persuade Weldon to act as a rabbit for all us URWFRC runners down in Brighton, to pull us all along to pb's. I don't think he'll have trouble in running at our pace, as apparantly he has run 28.10 for 10K !!, although NN might make him stretch his legs a bit. !

Not sure of his going rate, but maybe we can tempt him with beer and doughnuts on the pier afterwards - and a free URWFRC vest. ! DW ?
16/10/2002 at 13:53
maybe if we threw in a bag of chips too?
Iron SwissBobby    pirate
16/10/2002 at 13:56
I think he would also benifit for the scottish speciality of a deep fried mars bar. What do you reckon?
Ratbag    pirate
16/10/2002 at 13:59
I think the Mars bar might swing it...
16/10/2002 at 14:42
..and not forgetting the all expenses paid trip around the sealife centre,..and £10 in cash (in 20p's) to spend on the amusement arcade.. and of course the free deckchair hire !

I think it's in the bag - just need to email this thread to his website in the US. !
16/10/2002 at 14:44
Hm, will he know what a Mars Bar is? Maybe that's called something else in American. Also, "bag of chips" might be confusing - do we mean crisps?

Beer and doughnuts should translate OK.
16/10/2002 at 14:54
Odds on the Chicago Post (or whatever its called) saying that of course Paula only did it coz of help from an American chap?
16/10/2002 at 15:00
Nick, he was wearing one of those funny hats for the first few miles too - so I guess the French press think part of his job is carrying her drugs for her!

Anyway, from reading his website he's a really genuine guy who wouldn't take any credit that wasn't due him.
16/10/2002 at 15:01
Gareth - you sent that invite yet?
16/10/2002 at 15:22
What about honorary membership of the club?

Don't get me started on the Tribune again.
16/10/2002 at 15:24
i've been trying but no luck at the moment.

i've tried setting up a thread on the letsrun forum. i'll keep working on it.
16/10/2002 at 22:56
Neilruns - i have now set up a thread on letsrun.com which hopefully Weldon may have a look at. !! check out the main message board.

Brighton event organisers should await his entry in eager anticipation. ! however, i did say that we were still struggling to raise the air fare, but that we were working on it.
16/10/2002 at 23:15
Nice thread on lets run forum. V intimidating threads on there. I think I'll stick to Good old RW
16/10/2002 at 23:24
JJ - i did have a quick look at some of the other threads, and i agree. However, some of the forumites from 'the dark side' may feel at home there !
17/10/2002 at 09:51
i think i've had a response from 'the man' himself ?? or it could be someone else under the name 'wejo'. Anyway he said he was going to check out this thread, even though he's informed us that RW tried to sue letsrun.com (oops - didn't know that).
17/10/2002 at 13:38
Having had a better look at the letsrun.com forum - the response is indeed from Weldon himself. Quite surprised / pleased that he's going to take the time to have a look at this thread. Hopefully he might find it amusing. You never know he may come over..

Have a look at some of the other forum threads on letsrun, especially on paula / wejo and the chicago marathon. Some of them are pretty interesting reading !

Are you still running in Wilmington next weekend ??
17/10/2002 at 13:58
Gareth - some of the people posting there seem like real whackos, either that or they get an enormous amount of pleasure from goading people (same thing really). They'd get into serious legal sh1t if they were posting on a UK-based site.

Anyhow, Weldon - you out there?

Neil

1 to 20 of 24 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.