People who say they are proud of being from

21 to 23 of 23 messages
27/02/2013 at 12:25
David Falconer 3 wrote (see)
Dave The Ex- Spartan wrote (see)
David Falconer 3 wrote (see)
AgentGinger wrote (see)

when people say they're proud of being X or of coming from Y they're making a statement that they wish to be identified as X or wish to be associated with Y.

This could be the place where they were raised, or a football team they support, or any arbitrary dimension of who that person is.

So if I randomly say Im a huge Manchester United supporter, can I now instantly be proud of being a supporter?

Nope, That would just confirm everyones impression that you are a twat

What if I said I supported Liverpool?

Sad twat

27/02/2013 at 12:44

Actually Screamapillar refused to post them. If David wants the definitions he can find them himself.

When David says "jump", Screamapillar says, "f*ck off"....sort of thing.

27/02/2013 at 12:49

Pride:  Feeling pleasurable satisfaction over an act, possession, quality, or relationship by which one measures one's stature or self-worth.

Therefore they can be proud of whatever they choose.  If their self worth is dependent on the fortunes of a football team, so be it.  If it's dependent on the heritage of the area they grew up that's cool too.

I tend to think that these unilateral relationships tend to corrolate as a psychological tendency to project their selfworth on to unrelated factors, whatever those factors might be.  Perhaps because due to a lack of personal acheivement.

In my experience this is most common in people from Yorkshire (as is the case with your dee-daa chum).  My god don't they bang on about it.  It's an administrative area - get over it.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 23 of 23 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.