Pointless Thread

anyone else a fan?

15 messages
05/06/2013 at 13:00

Pointless is about to hit 500 episodes, which is pretty good going for a TV series. Anyone else watch it?

05/06/2013 at 13:03

I like Richard Osman. I love his easy style and quick humour. Was good to see him on Have I Got News For You. 

05/06/2013 at 13:20

Alexander Armstrong hosted HIGNFY a couple of weeks ago, thought he was really good.

Wonder what Angus Deaton is doing these days.

seren nos    pirate
05/06/2013 at 13:23

I love the pair of them.especially richard osman.........i like the programme as they are questions I can have a go at

05/06/2013 at 14:42

i love it.

i like how the presenting style is deliberately unprofessional and unpolished. and i find alexander armstrong's awkward, bumbling way of speaking to contestants endearing.

richard osman is great. find the man a vehicle.

05/06/2013 at 16:00

Not a fan. But then I think the game show genre reached its zenith with 321 and has been going downhill ever since.

05/06/2013 at 16:06

Beebs has been to watch it being filmed several times 

05/06/2013 at 17:22
Screamapillar wrote (see)

Not a fan. But then I think the game show genre reached its zenith with 321 and has been going downhill ever since.

Erm, have to correct you there, Screamie. The game show genre reached its zenith when Les Dawson took over Blankety-Blank, aksherly, I think you'll find ...

05/06/2013 at 17:58

Questions too hard for you eh Screamadear?

05/06/2013 at 18:46

If you say so Muttley

SR not difficult more - "God, who gives a shit anyway?"

I prefer University Challenge, there are physics questions on there I don't understand, let alone know the answers to.

05/06/2013 at 22:27

I love Pointless. It's one of those shows that I think I'd actually stand a chance of winning, owing to the large portion of my brain that is stuffed with hitherto useless information

Richard Osman is clever and funny, and Alexander Armstrong is bumblingly appealing 

06/06/2013 at 11:19

Love the physics questions on University Challenge, unless it's stuff I used to know but have now forgotten.

First time I saw University Challenge was when it was on The Young Ones, slightly disappointed when I found out the teams aren't stacked one on top of the other.

Don't like the way Paxman is sometimes rude to the contestants, it's like he thinks he's still on Newsnight.

06/06/2013 at 11:39

I found it very amusing to hear Paxman mispronounce anion and cation on UC once. Instead of an-ion and cat-ion, they were (written to try and get the sound right!) ainyen and cayshun. Strangely enough, no one could answer the question...

07/06/2013 at 11:20

Yup - pointless fans here too. I like the mixture - it's not all pop culture, sometimes you really do need 2 braincells to rub together to get the answers. 

07/06/2013 at 12:06

Sadly I have it on my Sky plus series link. I tend to watch most episodes in 5-10 minutes though - basically look at what the question is, have a quick think if I know any answers, and fast forward to hear Richard talk through the answers. I do find them both quite funny.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
15 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.