17/02/2011 at 15:56
lol
Holly_Golightly    pirate
17/02/2011 at 16:16
Screamapillar wrote (see)
kittenkat wrote (see)
Screamapillar wrote (see)

kittenkat wrote (see)
Unrelated, but I've just found out Watford is in London, well I never.... I thought it was much further up than that.

Watford is in Hertfordshire sweetpea - someone's been fibbing to you.
Ha ha...proof I can't read a map, I swear I saw it in London.....

But I do know where East Angular is!

Hatch End  (London Borough of Harrow)  is 3 train stops away so nearly but not quite

BTW most Americans can't point to Canada on a map so it could be a good deal worse

Watford is inside the M25 and on the end of a tube line, so for the non-London initiated it probably does look like it's in London.  They also (somehow) manage to call Luton airport "London Luton" which would suggest that Watford, St Albans, Hemel Hempstead, Welwyn and Luton are all in London too.

Bouncing Barlist    pirate
17/02/2011 at 16:22

I thought St Albans was a London slum clearance dispersal zone, certainly attracts the lower class of chavette

Holly_Golightly    pirate
17/02/2011 at 16:27
It is and it does.  A cannot argue.
17/02/2011 at 16:35
kittenkat wrote (see)
Unrelated, but I've just found out Watford is in London, well I never.... I thought it was much further up than that.

You're not thinking of Watford Gap are you?

BB - St Albans is certainly not a slum, quite a stuck up area actually!

17/02/2011 at 16:47
Holly_Golightly wrote (see)
They also (somehow) manage to call Luton airport "London Luton" which would suggest that Watford, St Albans, Hemel Hempstead, Welwyn and Luton are all in London too.

I know. How confusing must that be to foreign visitors who expect to get off the plane and find Buckingham Palace just round the corner?
17/02/2011 at 17:29
k8greene wrote (see)
kittenkat wrote (see)

Watford Gap (the geological feature & M1 servies) is even more not in London than the Watford KK's thinking off. That's Watford, Northamptonshire. Which isn't in London. not by a long shot!!
17/02/2011 at 17:38

St Albans is so not a slum but the nearby 'village' of London Colney pretty much is.

17/02/2011 at 20:20

I used to live in East Angular.  Never did figure out where West Angular was though.  Really used to puzzle me as a kid, and then I became an adult and no longer had time to worry about it.

And isn't Devon a suburb of Cornwall???

PloddingOn    pirate
18/02/2011 at 07:58

A geography lesson for all

Hurrah

18/02/2011 at 09:16
Helen Liz wrote (see)
k8greene wrote (see)
kittenkat wrote (see)

Watford Gap (the geological feature & M1 servies) is even more not in London than the Watford KK's thinking off. That's Watford, Northamptonshire. Which isn't in London. not by a long shot!!

When KK said she didn't realise Watford was 'in' London, I thought she might have been thinking of Watford Gap which is why she didn't realise how close the real Watford is to London.

08/05/2011 at 20:50
PhilPub wrote (see)

I hate to spoil your illusions but people don't wear corsets in the UK any more, and I've never once walked out of a lake fully clothed. 

I don't want to worry you, but in Bath there's quite a few people who DO dress like that... And they also go out in public - and in daylight too!!!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_UqJoWahooh0/TKXTTF9Y8fI/AAAAAAAAAVI/iCGpjGzkIeM/s1600/Jane+Austen+festival+2010.JPG

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 32 of 32 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.