PUB CHOICE

Windsor Half Marathon

1 to 20 of 54 messages
20/09/2002 at 20:46
Hi all, please go to www.paulsresults.co.uk/windsor as we have a choice of two pubs for post race meet-up.

The directions for the Fox and Hound are not the easiest, so another is being put forward as an alternative, The Crispin, which is in the same road as where the race car parks are (couldnt be simpler!!

Please note here what your preference is, I have included a map on the link page to help you decide, it may take a few seconds to load if you are using a standard modem.

Right off down the pub, I expect at least 10 replies by the time I get in at 1am :)
20/09/2002 at 21:57
Hi Paul.
Crispin gets my vote, looks easier to find, and its got a garden to chuck the wife and kids into!!!!!!!!!
but what pub are you in tonight, not many in Sudbury ope till 1.00am-xcept easterns.

Graham
20/09/2002 at 22:41
Legless, he'll find one.

The directions to the Fox & Hounds do look a little confusing. It sounds like it'll be a lot easier to go to the Crispin.

The place will be full of runners, how will we regognise each other?

bobble hats? pink carnations? finishers medal looped over left ear?
21/09/2002 at 00:20
Pizza man, How will we recognise each other ??? Give you a clue .... U.R.W.F.R.C. and Vests !!!!!

Natty noodle, Does The Crispin do food through the afternoon and will they be able to cater for a load of us ?
21/09/2002 at 00:56
Hi al, cant believe there are only 3 replies so far :(

Well, to answer various questions, yes the Crispin does food all day (the F&H stops at about 3pm), yes I will certainly be in URWFRC kit and hopefully loads more will too. Hopefully some of us will have met up befre the race also at the pre-race point, which will help metting for the pub.

Legless and Pizza Man, yes of course I found a pub that is open until 1am, actually two weeks ago they were still serving at 2am!! I wont give the name here in case the thought police are about :) but if anyone is out in Sudbury sometime and wants a late drink then I will make sure that you are in the right place!

Regards
21/09/2002 at 01:23
Hey Natty, as an old sudbrian and a practising landloard, SHAME on the man who serves after hours.
You will all reconise me at the pub, i will be the man crawling in pleading for a pint-lol
see you all there
21/09/2002 at 09:44
Not sure I'll be around after the race , so I hope to catch up with a few people before.
21/09/2002 at 15:45
F & H would have been a better bet for me, BUT since they food would have stopped before some of you finish it doesn't realy make sense. I can't say for certain at this stage if I will be around after the race so the choice must lie with those that will be meeting up.
21/09/2002 at 15:53
The main differences are.....

Fox and Hounds
Good - Large car Park
Bad - Food stops at 3pm
Bad - Not as straighforward directions

Crispin
Good - Food served all day
Good - On the same road as the race car parks so easy to find
Bad - Doesnt have a large car park, would probably involve some parking in the road next to the pub

Other than that, they both sell drink and are open all day, and both have a garden area.
21/09/2002 at 20:45
Hi NN

How far is the Crispin from the actual finish area? I expect that by the time I finish you'll all be on your second or third pints!!!

I'd love to join you all after but I'm coming on the train with Mrs GFB and the little GFBs (6 & 3), Mrs GFB does not drive and I won't drink if I'm driving plus I want to make a complete day of it.

GFB
21/09/2002 at 21:00
Hi GFB, I would think I may be one of the last forumites to leave the Park, as I would like to congratulate everyone as the finish, and dont like rushing around as soon as a race is finished either.

The Crispin is about 2 miles away they said
21/09/2002 at 21:05
Good luck chaps.
22/09/2002 at 01:39
RU not joining us Barkles???????????
To be honest, I dont care which pub, cos as long as it sells beer.......................
22/09/2002 at 19:13
Guys,

Either pub looks great to me. Both pubs look quite a long way away on the map though - are they walkable? Take pity on us carless pikeys who need to get back to a train station afterwards as well please!

BTW George - cheers for the vest swap, new one fits perfectly. Hope your arrives in good time.

venom
22/09/2002 at 19:21
Hi venom, surely there will be spare places in cars that are leaving the car parks and going to the pubs, and then they can go home via the train station?

Anyone got spare places in cars for this?
22/09/2002 at 21:40
Unless three people from South Wales ( or the M4 corridor ) want a lift to Windsor, I'll have room in my car.
22/09/2002 at 23:27
Cheers George, its co-operation like this that makes this forum so helpful, thanks
22/09/2002 at 23:32
I can offer a lift to 2 or 3 people back from the race to Essex (Chigwell environs - can prob put you onto public transport somewhere).

Email me if interested.

22/09/2002 at 23:34
Excellent Waapster, cheers for the assistance
22/09/2002 at 23:36
Can all people that may have trouble getting to the pub (whichever one) but that wish to go, please either post here, or just send me an email direct, so that I can see how many people this is, thanks
1 to 20 of 54 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.