Public, Private. grammar or bog standard secondary?

what sorta shool did you go? -who else went?

41 to 45 of 45 messages
23/02/2007 at 23:38
Cambridge Grammar.

Don't remember much about it. Driven past it a couple of times - all changed now.

One of the teachers helped sink the Bismark - little Welsh guy - very quiet - a bit of a hero I'm told.

Other than that the only pupil of note was one Peter Gabriel, who used to jazz up the hymns when the music teacher was too hung over to play the piano.

Ye Holy Angels Bright in the style of Fats Domino.....

23/02/2007 at 23:41
bog standard secondary i'm afraid. tho GCSE grades were proof u didnt need to pay for an education.....

mind u, they are easy these days....

dont think we had anyone famous. neil clemence who went on to play for west brom, errr thats about it
24/02/2007 at 08:17
sounds great FR - Fats Domino was great (peter gabriel notsa bad too)
Boo
24/02/2007 at 13:11
plodding hippo - you ask 'is it important?'.

Was to me. No way would I have been able to get the grades, go to uni, do my job that I have now if I'd stayed in the state school I was in.

Nor would I have had all the opps to travel, do loads of different social things, met as many people.
24/02/2007 at 14:29
My school must have been a good un.... It was approved..

Even better now... They nocked it down in the late 90's.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 45 of 45 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.