Radio Worcestershire

Your weekday 'magazine' programme from Worcsetershire

21 to 40 of 96,821 messages
15/08/2005 at 13:27
I'd like to hear that old C&W classic "Momma fetch a hammer, there's a fly on Pappa's head".
Crash Hamster    pirate
15/08/2005 at 13:27
Good to see some of our more local yokels on the air today!

Time for me to adjourn to the Rodale Arms for a well-earned lunchtime pint of scrumpy...
15/08/2005 at 13:32
Typical!

Left me to man the turntable and the phone!
Crash Hamster    pirate
15/08/2005 at 13:35
I brought you a pint back, kk. I can't leeave you to Lickry End on your own, now can I?

So, as a special request from Mr W from Cockshot Road in Malvern, here's "Momma fetch a hammer, there's a fly on Pappa's head", which I know is on kk's playlist...
15/08/2005 at 13:38
Good to see you're back working again Crashy - don't think I've see you on public broadcast since your hayday with Philip Schofield in the broom-cupboard. You still in touch with the duck?
Crash Hamster    pirate
15/08/2005 at 14:05
The story with the duck was pure media fabrication and completely unconnected with my recent 'rolling round in Piddle Brook' incident :o)

I think the early afternoon cider is taking its effect on kk.

Here's a track from that fine Worcestershire beat combo, Motorhead with 'The Ace of Spadesbourne'
15/08/2005 at 14:08
<<<< whooth slurrring their wordths>>>>
Crash Hamster    pirate
16/08/2005 at 08:00
Goooooood morning Worcestershire! It's a lovely sunny day in North Piddle, Piddle Brook is overflowing with fish, the neighbours are out on their tractors and all's right with the world...

our first 8 track tioday is 'Stand by your man' performed by Tammy Wynette and Led Zeppelin. Whilst that's playing, I'm off for a brisk rub down with some horse liniment after my 7 miles on the Raleigh Shopper last night...
16/08/2005 at 08:03
Could we have that pushbike song please

is it the one with the stupid noises?
16/08/2005 at 08:33
Benzy I though we wuz just 'yokels'!!

Pushbike song? is that the Wurrzels version or the original.

Stupid noises?? sounds a bit like me 4 miles in to a r*n. Talking of which got diverted this morning only meant to go out for about 30 min r*n. Ended up doing nearly an hour, but don't tell Crashie.

I'll have details of a competition soon.............
16/08/2005 at 08:44
Morning , can I have a song for BD he went to that posh boy's school in Worcester and I know it woukld bring back happy memories of illicit fags and the like.

16/08/2005 at 08:46
someone post the words to that pushbike song
its driving me NUTS

kk-your leggs will fall off
16/08/2005 at 08:49
...glad to see you're putting Worcestershire on the map!!!!!!!
16/08/2005 at 09:19
Just for Benzy:-

Riding along my pushbike honey

When I noticed you.
Riding down town in a hurry honey

Down South Avenue.

You lookd so pretty

As you were riding along.
You looked so pretty

As you were singing this song.

Put on the speed
and I tried catching up

But you were pedaling harder too.
Riding along like a hurricane honey
Spinning out of view.

You looked so pretty

As you were riding along.
You looked so pretty

As you were singing this song.

Sing this song.
Round. round wheels going
Round
round
down up

Pedals down
up
down
But I got to get across to
The other side of town
Before the sun goes down.

Hey
hey
hey:
You looked so pretty...
16/08/2005 at 09:22
Wey Hey!

I've just uneartherd a copy of Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep - Middle Of The Road,
16/08/2005 at 09:32
Perhaps you could put out a little traffic news for anyone caught up around Martin Hussingtree;

The problem has been caused by a large hole in the road near the main traffic lights...., the council are looking into it.

...what? well it was funny when the two ronnies did it.
16/08/2005 at 09:59
The Rodale Arms was named after the local (wicked) Barons of Rodale Towers.

More about them in the coming months.
16/08/2005 at 10:02
<<settles down and prepares to be educated>>

Wicked? go on...
16/08/2005 at 11:23
Can't ever remember living in Worcestershire being this interesting!!!!! Till this day the thought of living in Piddle still raises a smile!!!!
16/08/2005 at 11:30
 aaaargh......

You've seen nothing yet, why as autumn approaches we'll be bring news of all the local Harvest Festival celebrations.

Crashie even as we speak is doing his 'media' job finding out about the 'sheep dog' trials.
21 to 40 of 96,821 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.