Radio Worcestershire

Your weekday 'magazine' programme from Worcsetershire

96,421 to 96,440 of 96,827 messages
Crash Hamster    pirate
09/05/2012 at 09:13

Mmm doughnuts

Morning gentlefolk, gormnin SVT.

Decorating is nowt but a necessary evil. I'm off out for a run...

Mighty Lexi    pirate
09/05/2012 at 12:49

I want to run........... Erm, i did 400 mtre jogette...not on purpose mind..I wouldn't do that..........

Twas at the Dentist (mine, just wanted to see my enigmatic smile ) then hairdressers. Came out and it was raining...so like normal....I started to jog to the Car, when i got there, I realised....Oops 10 days they said.  But although no ill effects...I wont be doing anymore til Saturday.... Right back to decorating.!!!! 

09/05/2012 at 17:06

I have only just noticed (after how many years?)  that Worcestershire is mis-spelt in the second line of the thread title.

09/05/2012 at 21:47

I can do decorating, it's deciding what colour etc to use that I always get wrong.

Today is exactly 1 year since I started my new job. How long do you have to be working somewhere before you stop calling it your new job? 

Mighty Lexi    pirate
09/05/2012 at 23:59

The second one is a type of dog isn't it Musky? Like a Red Setter, its a Worc seter shire puppy.! 

Ant.....Am very good at selecting colours....crap at preparation....once i get onto the painting...Whoopie Doo!!

I have had a major disaster....anyone got a spare Armitage Shanks Bath spare in (I think its Beige). I have put a crack in mine. Now this bit you fall off your chairs laughing...my builder did........ I couldn't reach the ceiling above the bath...so as previous I put step ladders in the bath with the feet covered in tea towels to stop scratching the bath (I didn't realize it did more than that). Rushing to get said corner glossed, i didnt put towels on...stepped on ladder and heard a noise...like...OMG crack. . Rang builder in tears (I can't afford a new bathroom suit). After he stopped laughing (and the lads in the back ground ). He said he would do a repair job. But meant he would ahve to spray area white...what colour bath. Aah...right.!! However have had an Idea....I could use a starfish stencil and spray the repair in the shape of a starfish and do a couple more round the bottom of the bath....very chic retro.......well its either that or paying for a new bath.....any other suggestions would be more than welcome....PLEASE>!!! 

Crash Hamster    pirate
10/05/2012 at 08:18

Ah, you used your step ladder; is that because you don't get on with your real ladder? I have nowt helpful to say, but it was a great chance to give the step ladder joke an airing!

Morning gentlefolk, mrongni SVT!

Today I am expecting a parcel, which apparently they tried to deliver yesterday, but there was noone in so they left a card; no they didn't, the lying gits!

Mighty Lexi    pirate
10/05/2012 at 08:32

Good Morning..........didn't realize i had gone to bed SOooo late.!! 

Crashie........how do you know they didn't leave a card if you weren't In and they didn't...sorry that sounds confusing...Gloss fumes affecting brain me thinks.  

Lurve the Step Ladder Joke...

I can smile now..... I have printed orf a stencil....am serious about this.....besides said bath is £130...then there is fittment, removing of wood paneling and possible not able to refit said panels..Ooh well thats 3 things gone wrong...now i need something to go right...Please.!!  

Coffee drunk...time to paint.....well...maybe another coffee first. !!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Crash Hamster    pirate
10/05/2012 at 08:40

Online tracking! It says they called, noone was in, they left a card...but they didn't, the lying gits! Bet they don't come today either then claim I wasn't in...

Mighty Lexi    pirate
10/05/2012 at 09:03

Aah gotcha the power of the Internet.....!! Pity the Internet can't tell you exactly when the dozy mare is arriving...even an Hour leaway.  Or a text from driver which is preloaded onto phone for each customer, after each delivery he press next text....with estimated time from travel log. Would cut the frustration time.  

I have an electrician coming within the hour (he phoned), also laughed at my bath dilemma... (part of my builder's company) word gets round fast. However the down lights are in my newly painted bathroom.....if the transformer replacements don't work, he may get gloss coated hands...........  

10/05/2012 at 09:56

Goooood morning Viiieettt-shire.

I have been swimming, I have.

Is your parcel anything exciting Crashie?

Lexi - are you insured?

10/05/2012 at 12:10

Good morning wussies....

You heard it here first!

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/dad-two-runs-last-25-miles-marathon-broken-130152957.html

10/05/2012 at 12:19

Kitchen nearly finished - floor nad cooker to go down/in and painting to be done.

Just received a tender enquiry for a new building in cardiff which might be of interest to M,,ouse

10/05/2012 at 12:59

Postgraduate centre?

Crash Hamster    pirate
10/05/2012 at 14:32

Ooh, it's like a link but without the clickability

Parcel was a new amplifier to (temporarily) replace the one that packed up just out of warranty, so quite exciting really I'll now get teh old one fixed for 'rocking in the gym' purposes

Edited: 10/05/2012 at 14:33
10/05/2012 at 14:55

yep. Interesting that they say in the tender docs that it is being built to reduce their dependance on undergraduates and to attract more overseas students

Mighty Lexi    pirate
11/05/2012 at 08:52

Little Story...*Whilst in Ol Gym Sauna was chating to french student studying at local Uni. Asking him what he was studying and why in UK. *Media Studies was his reply, and his parents could nt afford to send him to Uni at home but he got an Overseas grant (from Us) to study in this country.....work that one out????

Morning Everyone....I went for a swim lastnight as am not allowed to run/cycle for 10 days,(No I didnt ask time limit for swimming... )it was only to keep said friend whom broke her back company. My First proper session since last September. So went in slow lane....as you do.! However was told that next week i have to move up a lane (am I going next week ). Butttt! I did find it painful on the back after we did a head up session for OW swimming...

I am looking at a *free* bathroom suit in granite grey today. So its either that or house insurance claim. !!!!!!!

(Thanks for reminding me M.ouse, yes I am.

Crash Hamster    pirate
11/05/2012 at 11:48

Yeah, that whole 'grant' thing is really odd; apparently lots of British students go to Holland for the same reasons. Makes no sense (in fact, it makes no sense to deny grants to students; on average, they earn more, so pay more tax throughout their lifetime and we're never going to compete with the Far East dollar a day economies...but increasingly, we can't compete at the high-skill stuff either; sorry, hobby horse...)

Crash Hamster    pirate
11/05/2012 at 12:39

Pet peeve time (sorry!)

The expression you're looking for is 'heart-rending'; rendering is pebbledash on a house.

Peddling is selling something; pedalling is riding a bike.

I feel just a little better now

11/05/2012 at 15:01

Afternoon all - It's early Friday with which I'm going to cut the grass. Does life get any more exciting than that? 

Good run through the mud last night along the river/canal, I think my lungs are finally back to capacity so park run here I come tomorrow.

11/05/2012 at 16:26

Haven't run for ages and not likely to do so this weekend either

Off to reading tonight to enable an early start to WEMBLEY for the FA Trophy final

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.