Radio Worcestershire

Your weekday 'magazine' programme from Worcsetershire

96,441 to 96,460 of 96,821 messages
14/05/2012 at 21:03

Money mainly but I do like the playoff system in the foorball league. It keeps the interest going in the season a lot longer than it would normally go. And for those people who moan about finishing 3rd but losing in the playoffs I just say - tough you knew the rules at the start of the season. 

I'm finally back up to speed 6.5miles at at least 8:30s this evening. Tewkesbury here I come.

Mighty Lexi    pirate
14/05/2012 at 21:39

Ooh....I could have sworn I posted today... Mind You I was shattered from Marshalling....so maybe didn't press submit....

Well done on the getting up to speed Ant.  

Footballers...bah humbugs.!!!!  

Today, I did a treadmill session...first proper run since Operation...so took it easy...not !! Bet I will suffer tomorrow....but no pain in Op area....phew!!! Just totally knackered from yesterday's marshalling at Wimslow Triathlon and Saturday's latenight at a Birthday Party...9yr old!! Parents had fun too with many drinks downed.!!! Meanwhile i had 12 children running round a field all afternoon doing relays sack/egg & spoon races. 

Crash Hamster    pirate
15/05/2012 at 09:36

Morning gentlefolk!

Big problem in rugby at the moment, with Cornish Pirates (yay!) competing against London Welsh in the Championship final; Pirates can't be promoted to the Premiership as their ground isn't up to standard; Welsh can't either, but they think they can and will challenge the decision in court if they win; meanwhile Bristol, who could've been promoted and won the league (I think) lost in the semis so are staying down. To cap it all, the ground requirements which apply to the Championship clubs don't apply to the existing Premiership clubs; had, for instance, Wasps (boo!) gone down, they couldn't have come back up with their existing ground.

It's a farce, I tells ya!

In other news, well done on the running Lexers and Ant, and particularly well done on torturing small children, Lex!

Mighty Lexi    pirate
15/05/2012 at 10:04

Morning All.... 

Crashie....I had planned other forms of exercise torture...but we ran out of time & children ran out of energy.  

I am now intalks with the other Audi Insurance company against said footballer. Have passed their details onto mine and we will join forces to get redress. A United front against Stoke City guy.!!  

Crash Hamster    pirate
17/05/2012 at 09:28

Morning gentlefolk, forming SVT!

I spent a chunk of yesterday on the shed roof (it needed new felt, it wasn't some sort of protest, I wasn't dressed as Batman or anything)

Today, I have to finish the job...

Mighty Lexi    pirate
17/05/2012 at 09:51

Crashie...been there done that....lost the tac nails. My next door neigbour helped, as i was the lighter of the two...he is 6ft 1in. I got the short straw (excuse the pun), so climbed upon top.. I also found out that i have lots an lots of spare bricks at the back of the shed..... Problem is.....erm they don't match anything round the property...my previous owners must have been human jackdaws with a perchance for bricks. 

Good Morning All........

Why is it so hard to get fitness...so bloody easy to lose it.........PANIC...!!!!  

Edited: 17/05/2012 at 09:52
Mighty Lexi    pirate
17/05/2012 at 09:53

Ooops....thats ontop of the roof............. Should have edited that as well.

17/05/2012 at 12:19
Oh Crashie you do disappoint - I think you'd look v good in one piece Lycra
20/05/2012 at 22:31

Hello - Has everyone moved to fb?

Tewkesbury half today and after 5 years a new pb although I'm still 26s short of sub 1:40.

20/05/2012 at 22:37
Well done Ant - good stuff!
Mighty Lexi    pirate
20/05/2012 at 22:57

Whats fb............

Well done Ant...

Is that a chip time or a line time? If a line time....stand on the front....OK so you might get trampled by the faster runners, but if you can avoid the stampede, then the advantage is you could get 26 seconds knocked off your time...

Am now in panic mode.....After aweek of trying to get some sembalance of speed back........I went to bed at 6pm last night totally wrecked and didn't wake till 8am this morning......  Two reasons....1st reason....Low HB after Operation...possible . 2nd reason....erm...problems causing stress....  

Crash Hamster    pirate
21/05/2012 at 09:31

ooh, doesn't sound good, Lexers; take it easy (you can look it up in a dictionary if you don't understand )

Morning gentlefolk, ginorm SVT.

Nice running, Ant; unlucky 'bout the sub 1:40 but it's yours for the taking.

HL, you'll be pleased to know I'm currently dressed in one-piece lycra! It's really easy to do on the internet

21/05/2012 at 09:44

Morning.

I spent most of last week in the lake district with Kazz doing the Brathay 10 in 10.  I mean her doing it, not me.  Multi-day runners are nutters.  Fact.

(There aren't any here, are there?)

Mighty Lexi    pirate
21/05/2012 at 09:48

Not so easy if you have webcam switched on Crashie.... (can we have te photo of Super Hero) 

Morning Folks......

Am at the Docs this morning...re knee...yep still Bugherd, so I might as well ask for a blood test. I didnt train yesterday....must be poorly.  

Mighty Lexi    pirate
21/05/2012 at 09:50

M.ouse, I think there's a rumour going round, but you know what rumours are like. Nice supporting by the way. 

21/05/2012 at 09:57
Morning

Lexi - Chip time. I ran the last 5k close to a 5k pb so I couldn't have been any faster yesterday.
Mighty Lexi    pirate
21/05/2012 at 10:11

OK...plan B. Once a week, treadmill session. Intervals. 10 min warmup. then up to whatever your comfortable pace is that you can hold for 40min+. ie 12k. So here we go... 2 min 12k, 2 min 14k, repeat 6 times. Then 2 min 12k, 2min 14.5k repeat 3 times, then 2min 12k, 2min 15k only once. Then go down the scale. Once you find recovery on 12k to easy, up it 12.5k (or whatever your pace is). each week up the comfortable pace and the higher pace.  

Saturday i managed to run at 14k for 20min, then did my intervals, but knee was sore so went onto static bike, pedaled for 45min light gears, whilst playing cards...amazing how time goes....DO NOT TRY THIS OUT ON THE ROAD.!! 

21/05/2012 at 10:36
Crashie - well I'd need pictures
M.ouse - good supporting. Hope Kazz got on ok.
Crash Hamster    pirate
21/05/2012 at 13:05

Ooh, I couldn't possibly post a picture, i'd be drummed out of teh superheroes' union

Nice supporting, Mousers! Terrific effort by Kaz, methinks! Yes, multiday running is barmy...

Ooh, speedwork; I may get you to post that again when I start doing some. Speedwork today was 10:19s for 13 miles at an average HR of 137 with the rucksack on and with some of it offroad; it may not be impressive in absolute terms, but it means I'm improving at just the right time...10 days to go...

In other news, we had the chimney pot inspectors over again today; nice boys, crew cuts, green helicopter, Herefordshire accents...

21/05/2012 at 17:07
I saw them heading your way on Thursday too.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.