Radio Worcestershire

Your weekday 'magazine' programme from Worcsetershire

96,461 to 96,480 of 96,821 messages
21/05/2012 at 17:11

How can you hear them from that distance?

Crash Hamster    pirate
21/05/2012 at 17:17

I had to open the windows to facilitate their passage...

Yep, one skimmed down the road on Thursday...

21/05/2012 at 22:58

Did you ask them to check the chimney pointing? 

Lexi - Thanks although my intervals will have to be done on the road - I don't have access to a deadmill.

Who thinks it was a good idea to do a 5km race tonight? Well I did it anyway, I did feel a bit ill afterwards though. 

23/05/2012 at 08:31

mrongng all

Crash Hamster    pirate
23/05/2012 at 08:55

romnonig SVT, morning Woooostershire!

Sun's shining and all's sort of right with the world. Nowt exciting happening, tapir madness is settling in well and uprooting the shrubbery.

23/05/2012 at 09:03

Taper already - when is race day?

Crash Hamster    pirate
23/05/2012 at 09:04

8 days...

23/05/2012 at 09:14

Oh blimey, that close!

Where've I put my pom poms....?

How far down do you finish?  (ie how close to me)

Or maybe, remind me what it's called again (is it Severn Challenge?) and I'll go and look it up.

Crash Hamster    pirate
23/05/2012 at 09:32

Yes.

Behind the sofa.

Last! Er, at Severn Beach on the Monday after the BH.

Yes. Linky 

23/05/2012 at 09:38

Oh that's practically my back garden.

*makes note on calender*

23/05/2012 at 09:39

or calendar even

but not colander

Mighty Lexi    pirate
23/05/2012 at 09:41

8 days....and counting!!  

Wooocsees You have the relay in a couple of days heading your way. I looked on line who's doing ours. Apparently some one from *Home Town* Bolton. Well thats a local person...not!!!!!   

Ant.....Hill Reps then, not too much of an incline, enough to get the heartrate up though. Say 60-80 metre long. Find one where you have to jog 2 mile to get to. (warmup). Go hard up, jog/walk down, then go again. keep pace/time consistant. Do 16 *up* reps, then warmdown 2 mile back home.   

Today I'm washing the car. then run/circuits. Hopefully am not required to help do friend's home jobs (cleaned greenhouse/help paint huge wooden gate) that hubby should be doing, but he's feeling tired/depressed. Maybe negative nagging is not the way forward, maybe give a list and leave him to it. If its not done its not done. Or do it yourself, but don't grumble about it.......no one appreciates a martyr  

Am starting to think.....the grass isn't so green on the otherside.....!!  

23/05/2012 at 10:41

Crashie - I was thinking "the Monday after Beachy Head? But that's October". Then the penny dropped from a great height.

Mouse - is it torch day round your way?

We've decided to take the kids out of school for the day when it comes round these parts because it's not every day they'll get to see their cousin carrying the olympic torch.

Mighty Lexi    pirate
23/05/2012 at 10:51
SVT.....excellent idea, take lots of photos. I wouldnt have Ebay'd the Torch if I had done it as some. It would be something to keep and hand down through the family.
23/05/2012 at 16:09

Struggled around the Hogweed Trot in 53:04 on Monday. have only run 11  miles in    2 1/2 weeks and they have all been races.

11.30 on saturday......
11.30 on saturday......

23/05/2012 at 21:35

Evening all

Musky - Big day?

I doubt I will get to see the torch in Worcester as it arrives just as I get home from work. I am going to see it when it passes by my brother's house on a Saturday at the end of June though.

Lexi - Thanks, I was already doing a hill session tonight. 

Mighty Lexi    pirate
23/05/2012 at 23:01

Ant..... Another session, flat quiet lane (lots round your way)  measure out 400 metres. Do this in 90sec with 30sec rest. 16 times.(I have this thing about 16 don't I).  So roughly 1 or 2 mile warm up. 16x400mtr, warmdown home.

This morning i sunbahed...was rest for treadmill training session his afternoon...NOT!

At the gym I asked for the fan they put in the gym in the summer. Guy on reception Yeh, we do have arrh fan, will get it out soon, its somewhere, probably in the back. Eh? i thought No dear boy...not soon, i need it now am going in the gym...NOW! I explained that i really didnt want to have an Asthma attack because it was too hot in the gym...nope landed on deaf ears me thinks! After 20 minutes on the tready, i gave up, the guy next to me gave up too, he lasted 10 minutes. Even with aircon it was still too warm. Annoyed i decided to go out....ran 8 mile.  However, didnt put any suncream on, already sunkissed from the morning i came back sunsmacked..... I certainly don't need any bed linen over me tonight....body very warm indeed.!!!! 

Crash Hamster    pirate
24/05/2012 at 09:46

11:30 on Saturday?

Morning gentlefolk, faternoon SVT.

I am officially going taper mad; if you want to watch a grown man lose it, the blog is here.

IronM.in    pirate
24/05/2012 at 09:52

Just read your blog, Crashie, and popped in to say a general 'hi' to the poplace of this thread and on the subject of thinking too much, share my current conumdrum...

Since I was a teeny weeny child, I have pondered where the universe finishes and what's at the end of it. (I once read a marvellous novel about it that I cannot find since, and wish I could, but I digress). Since watching a documentary on the mightly Google the other day and the stuff they know and do (without us knowing, but perfectly legally, the www being a public domain and all that), I have got to wondering if the universe is not in fact the www, for it too is seemingly endless. Which got me to then wonder, are they one and the same and is it perhaps the case that the bods at Silicon Valley are in fact aliens, the www is their world and they are in fact swallowing us by emulating our universe.... And I'm not even tapering for anything....

Crash Hamster    pirate
24/05/2012 at 10:03

Min, that's just crazy talk...but what better way to take over a planet than to lure its inhabitants into something they find irresistible..?

I may have to toddle out for a run now while it's still overcast; I was nicely pink after yesterday, so don't want to burn today... < stares at Lexers >

Edited: 24/05/2012 at 10:03
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.