Radio Worcestershire

Your weekday 'magazine' programme from Worcsetershire

96,481 to 96,500 of 96,821 messages
24/05/2012 at 10:38

mornignf all

Min - you know how a long race seems like it's never going to end when you're doing it? Also aliens.  They organise events.  Wait a minute.... don't you....?  ALIEN!!!!!!

24/05/2012 at 10:39

We went down to see the torch on Tuesday at Harbourside in Bristol. I knew it was coming in by boat, but it arrived and they lit the overnight cauldron in an area that was for ticket holders only, so may as well have watched it on tv at home rather than on the big screen in Millenium Square.

We did have 2  of our three torch bearers at the club last night, so did get the chance to see one up close and personal.

24/05/2012 at 10:50

You'll have to stop all that once you're married you know.

IronM.in    pirate
24/05/2012 at 11:13

Dammit. Busted by SVT.

24/05/2012 at 11:37

been dropping hints that I am putting on a bit of weight because I have not been running much for the last month or so, but have been told that I mustn't do that and must keep up with the running

24/05/2012 at 20:44

Evening

Been to see the torch relay 30mins waiting for 10s action but I got some good photos.

24/05/2012 at 20:50

Judging by the crowds round here a 30 min wait isn't much to complain about.

I have been for a 'run'.  In the loosest sense of the word.  It's so much nicer 'running' when it's warm out there.  I almost enjoyed it.

24/05/2012 at 21:03

Mouse - This is the time of year my running tails off - I don't do warm. I did a little experiment last night and found I lost 3lbs in an hour. 

Mighty Lexi    pirate
24/05/2012 at 22:11

Nice Blog Mr Hamster.  

Ant....Is this because of your sensitive skin colour. Am in sympathy...am also pinker than yesterday.....(Blushes at Hamster's stare..Ooops!!

Musky go with the advice from the future Mrs. Muskateer...keep it up. Dont stop.!! Exercise is good.!

M.ouse i agree, i like sun runs rather than freezing ones TT's....in my case Tiny Toes...rest of you, please add letters to suit one's self.    

I actually swam...again tonight. Have just dosed up on anti inflammatories...its going to hurt in the morning....I was going to stop mid way, but was in lane 2 and felt i didnt want to show myself up......What did the Consultant say.... 

24/05/2012 at 22:17

Lexi - Partly due to my ability to go pink by moonlight but also I seem to generate a lot of heat lately. I am getting a reputation at the running club for always looking like I've had a shower in my clothes after a run. 

Mighty Lexi    pirate
24/05/2012 at 22:34

Nope your definitately too young for the Menopause.... But does sound like your internal temperature gauge is slightly stuck on high. Are you getting much colder in the winter? Maybe an MOT blood test on male hormones as well as usual bog standard tests is always a good idea if things have changed. Other than that....Lynx, then no matter how much you sweat at least you will have dozens of women chasing you.  

24/05/2012 at 23:12

Lexi - I suspect it has more to do with being a stone heavier than I used to be. 

Mighty Lexi    pirate
24/05/2012 at 23:39

Aaaaaaaah...... Now that could contribute erm a little.... Answer to that one is easy....carrying out said answer.......Not So easy.!! Yes like the run program i could do you a healthy eating program (My guess is you probably have a cache of them). However, the hard bit is trying to stick to it....same as trying to stick to a run program. Events happen and you fall off the wagon....or down a hole...

Right time for bed.....am shattered... 

Crash Hamster    pirate
25/05/2012 at 09:33

Fit people sweat more; your thermoregulation is more efficient when you is an aferleet, innit?

Morning gentlefolk, gormingo SVT.

After being cut free of my house by ambulance and fire crews and a team of builders, I am at work.

26/05/2012 at 17:50

Crashie - I like your reason and once I'm an aferleet again (if I ever was) I'll use it.  

27/05/2012 at 16:04

Crashie - good luck on your little jaunt!  Can't believe it's come round so quickly.

Back from lovely week in north wales - can't believe we got such a lovely week of weather (even if we did miss olympic torch in Ledbury - was quite looking forward to that!).  So, that's our summer holiday for this year. 

Back to it tomorrow

Mighty Lexi    pirate
27/05/2012 at 17:31

Awe Shame HL...if you had stopped a few more days, you would have seen it coming through Nth Wales/Chester/Wrexham. 

Crashie....at least you have the weather to relax in the sun whilst tapering.

Yesterday after sunbathing in ta mornin, i went for a 45 mile bike ride and then 3.5 mile run...i say run it was more of a crawl.  Seems i have lost alot of fitness since my tumble/Operation. Today, i sunbathed, then after watching F1 whilst tanning my back, i mowed the lawn, tieded the flower beds (deweeded). Brushed driveway and weed killered said driveway. Am now having a drink and will be trundling off for a jog in the cooler evening weather. 

Ant....Ditto....!!!  

Crash Hamster    pirate
28/05/2012 at 08:47

Lexers, I'm having to be careful about being out in the sun; 5 days wearing a rucksack on top of sunburn wouldn't be particularly pleasant...

Morning gentlefolk, morning SVT

Glad you had a nice 'oliday, HL.

Lexers, I guess fitness won't be too far away with that lot done on an easy day!

Ant, of course you is an aferleet; if you don't think so, you is comparing yourself to the wrong people, innit?

Don't forget, folks, I've gone blogging crazy in the run up to the big race!

Mighty Lexi    pirate
28/05/2012 at 10:52

Good Morning Wussies...Lurvley weather Yeh!!

Crashie...wise options, stay outa da sun! After my run of 8 mile later yesterday, I washed the soft top before washing/polishing the rest of the car. I went to bed with hot legs and not from running... I was going to sit in a bath of cold water....only I can't coz of nice crack in bath, so made do with cold shower....Aaaarrrrrrh!! 

ps...I like your blog, have sent da link to a friend...she needs cheering up!  

Ant...WCS.

Am sat in the dealership waiting for car to be serviced. I asked for Wireless code to get onto netty...I laughed...it started with *Hamster.........* very apt.!! 

29/05/2012 at 10:11

Mornign all (I tried to type it properly, I really did)

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.