Radio Worcestershire

Your weekday 'magazine' programme from Worcsetershire

96,501 to 96,520 of 96,827 messages
26/05/2012 at 17:50

Crashie - I like your reason and once I'm an aferleet again (if I ever was) I'll use it.  

27/05/2012 at 16:04

Crashie - good luck on your little jaunt!  Can't believe it's come round so quickly.

Back from lovely week in north wales - can't believe we got such a lovely week of weather (even if we did miss olympic torch in Ledbury - was quite looking forward to that!).  So, that's our summer holiday for this year. 

Back to it tomorrow

Mighty Lexi    pirate
27/05/2012 at 17:31

Awe Shame HL...if you had stopped a few more days, you would have seen it coming through Nth Wales/Chester/Wrexham. 

Crashie....at least you have the weather to relax in the sun whilst tapering.

Yesterday after sunbathing in ta mornin, i went for a 45 mile bike ride and then 3.5 mile run...i say run it was more of a crawl.  Seems i have lost alot of fitness since my tumble/Operation. Today, i sunbathed, then after watching F1 whilst tanning my back, i mowed the lawn, tieded the flower beds (deweeded). Brushed driveway and weed killered said driveway. Am now having a drink and will be trundling off for a jog in the cooler evening weather. 

Ant....Ditto....!!!  

Crash Hamster    pirate
28/05/2012 at 08:47

Lexers, I'm having to be careful about being out in the sun; 5 days wearing a rucksack on top of sunburn wouldn't be particularly pleasant...

Morning gentlefolk, morning SVT

Glad you had a nice 'oliday, HL.

Lexers, I guess fitness won't be too far away with that lot done on an easy day!

Ant, of course you is an aferleet; if you don't think so, you is comparing yourself to the wrong people, innit?

Don't forget, folks, I've gone blogging crazy in the run up to the big race!

Mighty Lexi    pirate
28/05/2012 at 10:52

Good Morning Wussies...Lurvley weather Yeh!!

Crashie...wise options, stay outa da sun! After my run of 8 mile later yesterday, I washed the soft top before washing/polishing the rest of the car. I went to bed with hot legs and not from running... I was going to sit in a bath of cold water....only I can't coz of nice crack in bath, so made do with cold shower....Aaaarrrrrrh!! 

ps...I like your blog, have sent da link to a friend...she needs cheering up!  

Ant...WCS.

Am sat in the dealership waiting for car to be serviced. I asked for Wireless code to get onto netty...I laughed...it started with *Hamster.........* very apt.!! 

29/05/2012 at 10:11

Mornign all (I tried to type it properly, I really did)

Crash Hamster    pirate
29/05/2012 at 10:49

Morning gentlefolk, mornign SVT.

Last day at work for me today, day for faffing and wibbling tomorrow, then off to the source of the Severn for a little jog...

29/05/2012 at 11:57

The Source of the Seven sounds like the title for a really bad fantasy film/book. Or a very tricky maths problem. Just some things for you to think about whilst wibbling.

Just been looking at the torch route when it comes to town. I reckon we'll catch it three times - once in MK early morning, once in Aylesbury at lunch (where my niece is doing her leg of the relay), then Blenheim Palace in the afternoon (we've got an annual pass, it'd be rude not to).

Mighty Lexi    pirate
29/05/2012 at 14:20

Gosh SVT...Your a Glutton for a good thing eh eh??

Don't wibble too hard Crashie...you need to reserve all energies for ta *Race/Run/Jaunt/Amble/Crawl* ....delete when appropriate on scheduled day. 

Nothing to report apart from upset...!! I give up life is too complicated.!!  

Crash Hamster    pirate
30/05/2012 at 10:20

Morning gentlefolk, moonring SVT.

Faffanwibble day, then I'll catch you on the flipside, unless you have a look at the blog or follow me on @Crash_Hamster

Congratulations to Runner's World for their cover story 'Repair muslce with pizza!'...

Mighty Lexi    pirate
30/05/2012 at 12:13

and muscle too.!  

Nearly Good afters....by the time i typo this it will be.! Yes am that slow!

All the very bestest Crashie for 1st place in the Ultra....

(I didn't say what kinda first place......) More so all the very best to Squishy, whom has the biggest Job...carrying your stuff, keeping you mobile/motivated and moorishly fed.!! (Apart from the evening restaurants)  

I shall be checking out the blog eargerly for updates and twitter posts too.  

general news...I have been done...not that kinda done, not the medical kind, nope...money kind. My nice Car Aftersales guy decided to charge me for a snapped wire, which was irresponsibly coupled inside a loose gearstick , by them.(I have an illuminous gear knob...not personally am female). They didnt tighten it with the alan key, my friend test drove the car, came back and said *Your knob was loose so i tightened it*....My words were OMG..NO! or words to that effect. . But i wasnt expecting the hefty charge either whilst having it serviced.  

I have written a nice letter to my friend the owner of the dealership.....watch this space for  got my money back! Or... Twisting T......ts.  

02/06/2012 at 07:25

Good morning! An update using the free 30 mins at Premier!

Day 3 dawns (just about).

Day 1 was shit.... although just a marathon at 27.odd miles cough cough.... it pissed down all day so the runners were rather wet (it wasn't that exciting!) and rather cold. Everybody was pretty jovial throughout, and glad of the barn to keep dry... shame it didn't have one of those nice hot blower things, but I guess you can't have everything. We left them to their tents and headed to one of the best B&Bs I think we've ever stayed in!

Day 2 - 45 odd miles. Weather better, bit warmer and light cloud and we even saw some sunshine. A few people are getting lost, although Crashie says he can't understand how, as most of it is pretty obvious, there's the odd scratch head moment but it's not THAT difficult! A long day for a lot of people today. Poor Ian has the most horrendous rubs on his back from his sack yesterday, coupled with very wet conditions, so he was really suffering. I thought I'd had some bad rubs, but this takes some beating! We patched him up with the best things we could find (tesco value panty liners and gaffa tape! Yes, really!). Crashie is doing very well, going strong and steady. Slight niggle with his calf last night but seems to be okay this morning.

Day 3 - the big one. I think it's reduced to about a mere 58 miles. The 'slow' group went off a 6, so another 5am start for us this morning. I feel like shit so I don't know how the runners are feeling!

So far we've been at every checkpoint bar the first, which was so obscure we couldn't find it. CP1 today is at 12. several miles.... a long way for the first one!

I won't spoil any more, I will leave the rest to Crashie.... I can't promise he'll be logging on tonight as I reckon by the time he finishes today he will be too knackered. the good news is, the finish today is back at Holt Casle and a 20 min drive home so at least he can have a night in his own bed!

I will text ATOM when he finishes later... and we'll see Debbo hopefully at CP2 today.

I will bugger off now as I've got a couple more things to do before my 30 mins expires.

Love and hugs to you all x

Mighty Lexi    pirate
02/06/2012 at 11:37

Lots of flags are waving..and not for the Jubilee.....Come on Crashie, sounds like your going great guns!!! 

Well done Squishy, keep up the good work, behind every sucessful finisher there is a knackered successful spouse.!!!  Lurve your idea on tents...my choice too if i had to do something as far as that. . x 

Crash Hamster    pirate
08/06/2012 at 09:33

Coo, quiet, innit?

Nice weather for November, glad I'm not doing the Deca at the moment!

Mighty Lexi    pirate
08/06/2012 at 09:38

Yo Crashie...hows the legs??  

Either everyone is hibernating or still suffering from too much  Jubilee Jollies. 

How did the Serven Stint go??

(will pop back in laters....I have an important meeting at Starbucks.......  

(OK coffee with a friend) 

08/06/2012 at 11:42
We've been waiting for your return, Lord Hamster.
Crash Hamster    pirate
08/06/2012 at 13:50

Well carry on!

In the immortal words of Ronnie Barker, 'and if you live in Lissingdown, take an umbrella!'

Lexers, the Severn Challenge ended in a whole world of pain; had the organiser have applied the advertised cut-offs, there would have been one finisher... As it was there were 5 out of 21.

Crash Hamster    pirate
08/06/2012 at 13:57

Contender for the most pointless photo of the year award 2012... Here is a picture of a fly that looks nothing like the fly we're talking about...WTF?

Mighty Lexi    pirate
08/06/2012 at 16:03

SOo is the picture shown that of the Blanford fly or the house fly? And if its the house fly can he sue the papers for wrongful depiction? 

I read your blog (just)....it makes sense....your post not the blog, although the blog does make sense but only in the blog article...if that makes sense....Aaaaah anyway....I like your last paragraph in the blog...chuckle....really...only Squish can answer that..!!!   

08/06/2012 at 20:09
Nice picture - no scale either

I'd like to put a complaint with Her Maj - if it wasn't for her jubilee half term would have been last week and my week away would have been warm and sunny not soaking wet.

Crashie - how's the recovery? No trips to Worcs. Royal this time? ;o)
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.