Radio Worcestershire

Your weekday 'magazine' programme from Worcsetershire

96,521 to 96,540 of 96,821 messages
09/06/2012 at 22:22

Hello - I'm back from SW Wales just in time before all that water in mid-Wales runs down hill.

09/06/2012 at 22:26

Ow do Lexi.
All that water from Wales runs down the Severn through Worcester innit? 

09/06/2012 at 22:28

I thought it goes through a pipe to Brum. 

09/06/2012 at 22:34

Great, lots to drink and water the garden with 

Mighty Lexi    pirate
09/06/2012 at 23:01

Does that mean the hosepipe ban will be lifted. 

10/06/2012 at 07:00

Dunno Lexi, hosepipe ban was never introduced in the West Midlands/Birmingham. We pinch all our water from Wales where it's always wet.

Mighty Lexi    pirate
10/06/2012 at 09:38

Aaah but not as wet as Manchester.....! There's a story there. As Children we were traveling up to Scotland in the Car, Dad was trying to concnetrate on driving in the pouring rain and bad visibilty, we were squabbling in the back as we were bored, my Mum suddenly pipes up *Tickle your Arse with a Feather*. My brother and i were struck dump with shock, my Mum NEVER used any kind of swear word....so this was a shock! We looked at each and started to giggle...we asked "Mum, what did you just say?". I said "Typical Manchester Weather". Until this day we could swear she said the first.!!!!   

10/06/2012 at 18:36

But did she ever tickle you with a feather?

Bloody spammers are persistant.

Mighty Lexi    pirate
10/06/2012 at 20:57

Am getting the same...Grrrrrrrr!! 

No...... Nor smack, nor shout at us. She had a better method, she would say *I will count to three, you had better stop what you are doing before i get to three or else* *One stop, Twoooooo Stop!!!* She never got to three...we were so scared as to what she would do, we stopped. Later in life i asked her what would she have done, her reply *Goodness knows, nothing, thankfully i never needed to count to three* Mums Eh!!!  

Yesterday's mad training...I did 11 miles, undulating miles in about 74 min. My achilles throbbed after, i am running slightly squiffy because of the knee.  This morning( even though i iced last night) it was too sore to do anything, even walk for half the day.......gardening duty today then...Yuk.

The Trickster    pirate
11/06/2012 at 13:40

Afternoon all. Can whoever's nicked summer please return it, ta muchly.

In other news - I far prefer being on holiday to being in work. Things always have a habit of going wrong when I'm on holidays, which I then need to try and fix when I'm back in.

Still, my 2012 Olympic tickets have arrived and Wiggins has won the Dauphenie (sp?)  The less said about the Bulls the better.

Mighty Lexi    pirate
11/06/2012 at 15:09

Well done on ticket assets Trickster.  

You missed summer....it was 2 weeks ago.  

I have a Poltergist.....really i do. My bestest Calligraphy pen has gone missing.

And now, my little wrist running band/keyholder has walked as well.....  I have hunted in all the possible places/then the impossible places (like the fridge ) ...but No...can't find them...so i must have a ghost.  

IronM.in    pirate
12/06/2012 at 07:59

Lex - did you get my email about Etap? I had a bit of a disaster with my email and lost all my contacts and so I had to try to remember your email address.....!

Mighty Lexi    pirate
12/06/2012 at 10:12

Yes.

IronM.in    pirate
12/06/2012 at 10:22

Cool, ta - I see Talbot has sent another email out this morning anyway. (p.s. Did I ignore you at the last swim - don't recall seeing you - I popped in to give Chris Briffa his paddles - apologies if I did, certainly wasn't intentional!)

Mighty Lexi    pirate
12/06/2012 at 10:34

Already deployed at Etape by Tim. 

Didnt see you at swim at all Thursday, I was probably already in the changing room. Unless Chris has suddenly decided to go ala Ladies....although we are temporarely using the blokes, so easy mistake.Lol

IronM.in    pirate
12/06/2012 at 10:45

LOL! NO - I didn't swim, I tried a teeny 3 mile run to see how things held out... not too badly. I just popped in to give Briffa his paddles cos he left them poolside the week before.

Mighty Lexi    pirate
12/06/2012 at 11:57

Numpty...! Fingers crossed the improvement continues. Having just spent months trying to bend the knee properly, i know too well how frustrating little steps can be.! Am now coming back leaps and bounds...only no leaping down mountains. 

12/06/2012 at 14:31

I/we are back

12/06/2012 at 22:08

Evening everyone. 
Special wave to Trickster, musky & IronM.in

Crashie - hope your recovery continues apace and you are not in receipt of doctors/hospitals this time round.

I also have Olympic tickets

I also prefer being on holiday to being in work - 2 days in and the server has been down as well as the printer-copier.  I have achieved nothing in 2 days - well I have done a budget which is necessary and good but am waaaaaay behind already!

12/06/2012 at 22:31

Hello - Malvern 10k for me tomorrow, looking at the weather I thought muddy x-countries finished in the spring 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.