Radio Worcestershire

Your weekday 'magazine' programme from Worcsetershire

96,581 to 96,600 of 96,827 messages
29/06/2012 at 16:59

Crash Hamster    pirate
03/07/2012 at 10:03

Morning gentlefolk. I have returned from foreign parts (well, Cornwall)

I am now officially a fat bastard.

Nice sub 1:40 Ant; not such good healing, Gizzy. Nice report Musky.

GOM.    pirate
03/07/2012 at 12:16

Afternoon!

03/07/2012 at 12:38

Afternoon.

I'm not sure I stopped being a fat bastard but I'm having a go at the moment to rectify that and am 7lbs down.

Back from Outlaw.  It was good.

Mr Hamster, you will shortly have an e-mail type message.

03/07/2012 at 12:44
Afternoon all

Mouse - Well done on another IM distance race.

Crashie - 12s.
Crash Hamster    pirate
03/07/2012 at 13:15

Easier course than Stratford :P

Mousers, when is it? If I'm available let's get it on! C+P of Outlaw report please!

03/07/2012 at 21:07

Crashie - They've changed the course but we still had to run 100m to a cone and back again. 

I've now done all my target times of sub 22-5k, 45-10k, 1:40-1/2M and 4hrs-M. I need to find something new to aim for. 

Mouse - Was the weather warm enough this time for a non-wetsuit swim?  

flyaway    pirate
04/07/2012 at 08:20

Hello there!
I have been inspired by a weekend of hanging out with lots of lovely Pirate friends, to drop in and say hello to some other lovely friends (some of whom are also Pirates) who weren't there. I had a brilliant race, and am still on cloud 9. Plus I cant stop grinning when I see my trophy!!
Good work on the PBs Ant! Something new - revise them all downwards and start again?!
Whats next for you, Mr Hamster?

04/07/2012 at 12:06

Afternoon all - was trying to think of your name a few weeks(?) ago Flyaway.

did a leg of the Cotswold Way Relay on Saturday. Originally asked fro Leg 3, relatively easy, got put in A team to do leg 4, 12.7 miles very hard and switched to mixed team leg 7, 7.4miles easy on Wednesday when I told our team organiser that I had only run about 20 miles in 6  weeks
great afternoon out, pity there was no time to enjoy the views.

Sunday afternoon was spent laying a carpet in the main bedroom - went surprising well after the difficulties in putting vinyl down in the kitchen the other week.

GOM.    pirate
04/07/2012 at 12:35

Afternoon, 2 days in a row I've managed to look in. Must be some sort of record!

Crash Hamster    pirate
04/07/2012 at 14:40

Flyers, we need a full report, please (cracking time and cracking marafun BTW )

Mousers, well done to you too; brilliant effort.

Musky, laying vinyl is a pig of a job.

GOM, and well done to you too, for logging in so regularly Doing any training?

GOM.    pirate
04/07/2012 at 15:43

Afternoon for the second time today!

Mr Hamster, if sitting on my backside watching sport on TV counts, then yes

04/07/2012 at 15:44

Sorry Mouse - well done on the Outlaw (shakes head at the thought of over 7hrs in the saddle)

04/07/2012 at 18:59

Six+ postings in one day... I thought the thread was an ex-thread. 

It appears I have agreed to run in a team at the Thunder Run at the end of the month. What was it about having something to aim for. 

GOM.    pirate
05/07/2012 at 07:41

Thought I would change the pattern, morning!

Mighty Lexi    pirate
05/07/2012 at 09:26

Morning Gom..... Wussies etc  

Well done Flyaway and Mouse.

Will someone please tip the earth a little to allow the gulf stream to change direction so w can have a summer....

I have bought a TV, am still trying to convince myself it was worth THAT MUCH! for the Olympic experience seeing as I am not going.  

05/07/2012 at 17:05
Hello

Lexi - I have a theory about HD TVs that no one has disproved yet.... The only people who can see the difference are the ones who paid for it.
GOM.    pirate
05/07/2012 at 20:15

I bet you still have a CRT telly, don't you Ant?

05/07/2012 at 21:06

How did you guess?   It hasn't broken yet so why change it....  Although I have got an LCD one too.

Mighty Lexi    pirate
06/07/2012 at 11:34

I went for WiFi TV, wasn't going to pay *that much* for just a bog standard LCD. Its a *Plasma 50inch*  all singing dancing, freeview/hd/internet thingy, With.......*External soundbar & woofer box*?? Didn't go for 3D..as I can't see the point, that should be for Cinema experience. (besides I get a headache watch 3D). 

It was my Birthday yesteday, so a present to me from me!!  

My friends took me tenpin bowling, I didnt come last . Infact I was winning until the last throw...I guttered the first (nerves...my excuse) only got 4 on second go and the winner got 2 strikes, beating me by 3 points.  I don't mind it was my 3rd go at tenpin bowling....am hoping for a rematch soon. . Then I'll show em!!!!  

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.