Radio Worcestershire

Your weekday 'magazine' programme from Worcsetershire

96,601 to 96,620 of 96,821 messages
11/07/2012 at 12:37

Afternoon all

Flyaway,I wasn't at the last Towpath (nor will I be at the next as married life "gets in the way!")

I hope to be there for the Mob Match on the 20th and the next 2 proper ones. I now stand on the start of the actual Towpath, up that nasty little hill at the back of the polce horses and dogs place 

Edited: 11/07/2012 at 12:40
11/07/2012 at 21:25

Hello

Nothing much going on here except I got a PB (44:30) at the 10k I did on Sunday.  I'm missing from the official results though, I think my tag was faulty. I actually think my speed/hill work sessions are helping. 

Lexi - I've driven up the Cat+Fiddle road and have thought it would be a great route to ride up.

Flyaway - Excellent result, I hope you felt better than after IMCH.

Mighty Lexi    pirate
11/07/2012 at 21:35

Ant...there is a ride called *The Cat & Fiddle* have thought about doing it.  

Well done on your PB. Hill reps are great for improving strength and speed. 

Crash Hamster    pirate
13/07/2012 at 11:42

It was some spectacular marafun, Flyers! In other news, 'nice report'

flyaway    pirate
13/07/2012 at 11:47

Musky - nor was I, I did the first one though, when I am reliably informed you were there.

Ant - considerably - starting in full health does help I have found! Had a quick trip to the medical tent, because I got very, very cold, very quickly when I stopped, but it was nothing that I couldnt have prevented with some more forward planning regarding clothes immediately on finishing.

Crashie - ta. Standalone assault in the near future, watch this space...

13/07/2012 at 16:50

great the car failed the MOT this morning...

good news it was only £108.00 to get it through, including the MOT fee

Right I'm off soon, via IKEA to buy some wardrobes - they will then deliver tomorrow and I can spend Sunday assembling them.

I actually like assembling furniture - there is a nice smug feeling when it is completed

Mighty Lexi    pirate
13/07/2012 at 18:34

Until you find 2 screws, 2 plastic (what are they for?) left over.  

At least it wasn't TOoo expensive to get the car through the MOT Musky.  

My TV has arrived...Yipee! My soundbar etc, has not, its still in the depot.  They can deliver Monday...sometime! NOooo  Monday they come to set up the TV, I need it before then like {{{TODAY}}}. SOoo we agreed, they cancel the order, I go into store and buy one which is £20 dearer...however, when refunding my account, they will also give me the £20 and an extra £10 to cover petrol costs of having to go down. Why could I have not just gone and picked one up in store and they do an internal transfer from Direct to Storet.  

Edited: 13/07/2012 at 18:35
13/07/2012 at 20:56

I built some furniture the other day too... the diagrams were useless.

Lexi - I always have issues with internet deliveries.  I recently bought a new fridge freezer and part of the deal was they take away the old one. When the new one came I was told they couldn't take it as the van was too small!! Even though there must have been the space as they'd just got my new one out.  I won't even mention them leaving my new Garmin in full view on the doorstep all day yesterday.  

Mighty Lexi    pirate
14/07/2012 at 22:42

Ant...Eeek... re Garmin!! 

i went to pick up sound bar from store...sorry 'reserved' sound bar, except it wasn't reserved , and they only had one left when i got there. If i had gone for coffee first as planned, I may have not had an external thingymebob to reverberate around my lounge  when i watch the Olympics. 

I have started tready training this last week..OMG...The tumble down Snowdon in March, has certainly now giving me a mountain to climb to get my speed back. 

14/07/2012 at 22:56

Evening

Another pb for me today. Some of us went to do the 1st Redditch park run. It's on tarmac compared to Worcester's woods so promised to be faster..... It was by 25s. 

Mighty Lexi    pirate
14/07/2012 at 23:20

WoW... knocking off 25s is a good PB.   Sounds like you are going in the right direction Ant.

My friend Nick is doing his first 10K tomorrow, he raced Wednesday night, 4 mile and did a 5K Park run today. I was going to tell him off for running today, but as I have done that myself in the past...be like Kettle/Pot Black.! So have just told him to enjoy and take it in his erm 'Stride' (excuse the pun).  

My tready session wasn't too bad, can hold 14K for 30 minutes (did intervals after for 26 min. 

tomorrow will do slow/steady long run.  

GOM.    pirate
19/07/2012 at 13:04

Good grief, half way down page 2.

Anyway, who is coming to throw stuff at me when I drag myself down the canal for the JW Ultra?

Crash Hamster    pirate
19/07/2012 at 14:22

Me; I'm relaying

GOM.    pirate
19/07/2012 at 14:48

Relaying, what?

Crash Hamster    pirate
19/07/2012 at 15:25

Yessir! Yes I am sir!

GOM.    pirate
20/07/2012 at 11:36

Morning, how is everyone today?

20/07/2012 at 13:39

Great, down here in Wick. Thanks for asking

Mighty Lexi    pirate
20/07/2012 at 14:44

Afternoon, 

toppo up here in the mountains ta!! 

Tale of the sound bar fiasco; it gets worse!! 

Hmmmn I bought also a Panasonic Plasma 50inch  Smart TV (*inbuilt wifi*)...* remember that bit it's important.!! I was delivered one without *inbuilt wifi*. I didnt want it. Was offered a smaller TV  46inch costing £300 more...was told the direct people had sent me the wrong one and they have taken the one I had asked for off the screen, however there never was one with *inbuilt wifi* in the catalogue, instore had got it wrong, it was wifi ready...totally different!! . Finally agreeing to buy the smaller one, I was told by instore tech installation they could not pick up wrong TV and bring out the smaller one I bought from instore, would have to do it direct from catalogue both ways, even though instore tech boys ordered it from instore... are you getting confused? I was!!  After days of trying to sort it. I cancelled the whole order (alot of money) and took my custom elsewhere. My proper Smart TV will be delivered and the tech guy said I don't need installation as i seem to know what I am doing regarding wifi setup. I save £58 installation fee... plus the extra I would have paid for the smaller TV.....  Obviously this company is doing so well it can throw away *Loadsa money* 

All this for the Olympic experience...I might as well have gone to the blinking games...probably less hassle.!!  

I am Marshalling at Eirias Middle Distance triathlon tomoz!  

23/07/2012 at 17:15

how did it go Lexi?

Mighty Lexi    pirate
23/07/2012 at 21:13

The Triathlon was brilliant, weather fabulous, unless of course you were doing it, then it got rather hot and tough. Bike course according to some was very tough. I was on temp traffic lights, those who had to stop I took number & time stopped. Asked if it was hard (I could see a nice steep hill infront) feed back, tougher than bala middle bike. I was then relocated to the sea front run section as the runners had to come out of Eirias park and down across the busy road onto the sea front. I stopped the traffic..Cool!!!  There was a free dinner party after, but many didnt stop (too knackered me thinks). Next year lots of plans to improve an expand. Transision down on the front (building works prevented that at this year), it could take an Ironman quite easily. Plus a BBQ immediately after for competitors. I got back to the hotel after Party and didnt get to bed till 1am...

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.