Radio Worcestershire

Your weekday 'magazine' programme from Worcsetershire

96,641 to 96,660 of 96,827 messages
Mighty Lexi    pirate
18/08/2012 at 12:03

SOo according to the lastest craze, we should be dancing with our bikes and running backwards.  I can see an accident for me waiting to happen.!!!  

Will stick to the forward running and trying to *stay on* my bike.  

Today I am practicing sprinting whilst indoor painting.  

Hanging my washing out inbetween the showers, sprinting to bring it back in before it gets totally soaked...have won both races...sofar.!!  I have the painting bug again...... 

18/08/2012 at 23:46

Evening 

So the football season has started again   At least today's game made up for no Olympics to watch.

In the last week I've had plans to get my bike out and go swimming for the first time this year but both have had to be abondoned. The bike because of a broken spoke and the swimming because I'm broken. If I keep this up I might have avoided both for a year soon. 

Crash Hamster    pirate
19/08/2012 at 12:38

Well avoided, Ant!

Well painted, Lexers (have you got anything left to paint..?)

I am back, having been avoiding the forums while people were appointed to delete spam posts were deleting the wrong things. My protest has probably not been noticed by anyone but me, but I have my principles.

19/08/2012 at 12:52

I just thought you were busy . ha ha ha.     What's that all been about then? Can't say I look much further than here these days.

So far I've had to can my swim, a night out and park run plus give up on my 14miler after a mile this weekend because of this neck/shoulder pain. I'm not happy... queue 7 dwarves joke.

Crash Hamster    pirate
19/08/2012 at 13:12

I've just done the same joke on Farcebook; I have mumps...

They appointed four people (the four who reported spam the most) to Spam Wombles; they could delete posts they thought to be spam; turned out that one was autistic and couldn't work out what was spam and what was a joke, so deleted a joke thread.

It's really put me off posting and I'll not post anywhere but here much in future.

20/08/2012 at 11:02

Crashie - oh dear!
Lexi - you can come round to ours and do all the painting etc. as you must surely have done everything at yours now
Ant - sorry but football isn't the same as the Olympics although I appreciate you would have been happy with the weekend's result

I have done gardening 2 days in a row - enough for 2012 I feel. 

27/08/2012 at 11:54

H Chaps, 

Hope all are well and happy..... weather is crap and hoiday is nearly over,.... ah well...

28/08/2012 at 11:34
Hello Barkles - what ho!
This summer has flown by - am madly making a list of chores to do today and tomorrow b4 returning to London for paralympics. I may not have left enough time! Never mind - back in the Olympic park the world is a shiny happy place and not having organised school shoes a minor trifle.
Mighty Lexi    pirate
28/08/2012 at 12:55

I found another room to paint yesterday.......

My kitchen....! I have completely transformed it. Actually amazing what a coat of different colour paint does innit.  

So whos next for my expertise with a paintbrush. (ps you may need to buy extra, I have a perchance for giving myself highlights and shoulder tattoos in selected colour)  

My TV has only been on once since the Olympics, for Pirates of the caribbean..SOo remote will be at the ready for ParaOlympics Yay.!!!   

28/08/2012 at 19:51

Hello all

HL - What are you going to see? I'm going to the Athletics on Sunday. 

I have a new 5k pb 21:18. I think these hills/sprint sessions are actually working. You just have to get used to running at the point of being sick. 

Mighty Lexi    pirate
28/08/2012 at 20:35

yay..well done Ant....throwing up is part and parcel of the experience. Lol.x

But as you see, you get results.!

Yes HL...what are you going to watch?

Mr Hamster...you have changed your avatar,  Difficult to see...but I do need glasses me thinks....I recently had such an embarrassing incident because my eyesight mis-read someone's message.   

28/08/2012 at 20:49
Ant - well done on the PB and for the hard work - paying off

Ant/Lexi - we are seeing swimming on Thursday evening and cycling and athletics on Friday/Saturday. Can't wait
28/08/2012 at 20:51
Ant - have fun on Sunday - the Olympic park is fab!
Mighty Lexi    pirate
28/08/2012 at 20:55

Whoa HL, brilliant, sounds an excellent choice, my TV will once again be red hot on.!!  

Crash Hamster    pirate
28/08/2012 at 21:42

I have, Lexers! It's my hamster with Wenlock the Olympic mascot.

Lucky peoples, going to the Paralympics! Telly only for us, but we've still got our flags out!

Mighty Lexi    pirate
28/08/2012 at 22:18

I have Pride the Lion, he sits inbetween my 2 seats in the car, attached to the airflow so he can view the road. . So far he keeps smiling, so he must like my driving.

Same here....thats why I bought said Telly....at least i dont have far to go for a cup of coffee and a choice of snacks in the heat intervals. Waves flag....!!  

A new pair of run shoes arrived today. Nike Free Run+3, I had to send back Lunaracer I bought 3 weeks ago. Less cutting edge technology and more cutting skin...Yeeouch!!  (they changed the shoe style/material).  I am hoping these are OK. It took me 2 hours of online/phone calls to sort which was the best.....will post my review tomorrow after I have run.  

03/09/2012 at 08:54

Mornifgn all

Haven't been on here for ages, what with holidaying and not running a lot, and seeing what most of you are up to via Facebook. I missed the whole de-spamming incident as a result.

Mighty Lexi    pirate
03/09/2012 at 09:19

I have been on and I missed the spamming incident too. 

Morninja SVT,  Morning All.  

OK so why am I smiling like a Cheshire Cat.

I am a Welsh Champion & Nth Wales Champion for 10K (again)

It was a late decision to enter, emailed Selection Manager for Nth Wales for an entry form on the 23rd. he sent the form and put my name down for both. The 10K was the Welsh Champs incorporating Nth Wales Champs and Inter Regionals.

Bank Holiday weekend I felt ill, must be the paint fumes i thought (see above post).by Wednesday I was feeling very sick, plus I couldnt get my club vest back of someone I had lent it too. Friday I told my friend I was dropping out (I felt that ill), however friday night I had a call from selection manager, someone else had dropped out of the master's team, wear my Nth Wales vest Sunday...OMG!!! AM not well. He said *Just do your best, besides you run better when your'e not well Lex*.

I felt hot on the day, the drizzle at Caernarfon had stopped and the Sun had come out. Oh NOoo.

However, I pulled something out of the bag, won my age group in both races (Gold Medals) We won the Team Gold in the Inter Reginals, I was first back in he team (Another Gold). plus I did a PB  40.54 (my last race , last year 41.26) plus I have broken the Welsh Record/Nth Wales record for my age group.  Oh yes and won a trophy+towel in the open race for first in age group. 

Feel Sicky today 

Edited: 03/09/2012 at 09:25
Crash Hamster    pirate
03/09/2012 at 09:34

But worth it! Well done Lexers, that's amazing!

Nowt of any great excitement to report here...but at least I can go out ans spend the day in the sunshine

Mighty Lexi    pirate
03/09/2012 at 10:30

My recovery today is hovering the lawn. No you read that right, my hover mower doesn't cut it, just does as it says on the box, hovers over the grass.  

Heyho at least like Mr Hamster I will be out in the sunshine.  

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.