Radio Worcestershire

Your weekday 'magazine' programme from Worcsetershire

96,661 to 96,680 of 96,827 messages
03/09/2012 at 16:44

Hello

Lexi - Congratulations, ell the best runs come when you don't feel up to it.

I am a bit tired. We went to the athletics at the Paralympics last night so I didn't get to bed until 3am. It was a brilliant evening where we got to a British gold medal awarded, got to see Oscar P. lose for the first time at 200m (but missed out on all the controversey) and then for the last event GB won the gold in the 5k. My voice is only just recovering. 

03/09/2012 at 19:11
Yay Ant - glad you had a great time.

Lexi - congratulations

Today I woke up wondering what world-class sporting competition I was going to see...

...and then remembered that I wasnt but I did have manual handling training!
03/09/2012 at 23:48

The 5k was an amazing event, it was just as Mo Farah's 5k has been described with a wave of sound travelling around the stadium until the roof started to lift as David Weir took the lead with 100m to go.

04/09/2012 at 09:04

Mornidgn champions and lesser mortals.

Mighty Lexi    pirate
04/09/2012 at 10:17

I watched it on TV Ant. 

Mordinya SVT, Good Day All.   

I is still poorly.   

10/09/2012 at 08:22

Only 6 days since the last posting? This threads on fire!

mronidfgn all

I ran. Yes, on a Monday.

Mighty Lexi    pirate
10/09/2012 at 08:52

Gosh SVT  'You {{RAN}} on a {{MONDAY}}  are you poorly???  

Morning ALL...

I was at Silverstone over the weekend, well not ALL weekend, Saturday instead of watching the GT Qualifiers (Mazda MX5GT racing car) we (some friends+son) diecided to go to Santa Pod to watch the Drag Racing... OMG!!!!! What a fab day. However i think I have damaged my hearing..... They had Jet engine cars going for it, Motoerbikes traveling at 199mph and the fastest over the short distance?  was 268mph in 5.4 seconds.  There was stunt bikes and big big trucks. Certainly a good day out for anyone. 

Sunday I was invited by Mazda to go watch the MX5 race. Unfortunately the dif caught fire the day before, causing some damage, still not quite sorted, Sunday it blowing a nearside tyre and then had to be pulled out. Disappointed, but te racing was still great with formula 3 cars there. VW  Championships (they had a police car in the race)I suppose he was there to pull anyone over for speeding.  

I drove my friend's new  Mitsubushi 4x4 home so they could enjoy the hopsitality drinks, I had to remember it wasn't my MX5.  

10/09/2012 at 11:12

Morning Few

well doe Lexi - a Gold Medalist in our midst!!

Down to running  about 8  mles a fornight at the moment

am a bit knackered this morning - went to the closing ceromny last night and got yhe 01:20 train out of Paddington, which meant 03:30 in bed and a 07:45 alarm call

10/09/2012 at 12:34
Musky - I loved the Closing Ceremony. Bet it was fab and worth being tired.

Lexi - drag racing sounds great

SVT - good running - for a Monday! Keep it up.

HLad did his first athletics "meet" at the weekend - long jump, shot and 800m - an eclectic mix. He had a great time and set 3 PBs. Mind you the starting pistol got me every time!! Very well organised and great to go on a bus!
Mighty Lexi    pirate
10/09/2012 at 20:23

Well done to HLad for doing PB's on his first meet.  

if the starting pistol has you jumping, goodness what you would do at the Drag Racing HL.  The guys there must be nuts, jet engines in saloon cars...Eeek!!!!

Flip Musky...you must be wondering round like a Zombie today . Perhaps no running is on your books I would presume for the next 24hrs.  

Whilst staying at the hotel I went for a run Saturday night, I got lost...10 mile lost, finally found the Hotel, it was really dark and i was getting worried.  

I also missed dinner........ 

10/09/2012 at 20:55

Evening all

It took me days to catch up on my sleep last week after going to the athletics.

I have been out on my bike!!!!  The first time since July last year....  My leg muscles are now complaining..  a lot. 

12/09/2012 at 17:22
It's cold! Who turned off the heating?
Mighty Lexi    pirate
12/09/2012 at 20:22

AND......who turned the tap on...

12/09/2012 at 22:02
So that's summer over then - wendyball and cold weather until May!
Mighty Lexi    pirate
12/09/2012 at 22:12

was hoping for an Indian Summer........ Not going to happen unless we all go to India........nice idea. 

12/09/2012 at 23:31

Have the football and cricket teams not received the email sent out recently saying we are allowed to be good at sport after all?   

Less than 2 years to go until the Commonwealth games. 

13/09/2012 at 18:21
I've been to College and have a student card and done a Maths test!
17/09/2012 at 14:55

(opens the curtains)

What ho, Wusses. Looks like the Slog's a no-go for me this year - I'm away Thursday night to Saturday night and the long drive in the opposite direction the next day just isn't appealing. If anyone wanted a place but didn't manage to enter in time, drop me a line and we can come to an arrangement! I'll mention it elsewhere but prioirty goes to friends.

Crash Hamster    pirate
19/09/2012 at 11:04

This is awful! With whom shall I perambulate?

19/09/2012 at 17:16
You'll find someone

I am watching swimming lessons. I think that says it all!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.