RE Classic Gaff

9 messages
28/10/2005 at 20:15
Mini is top of the class in RE (which I guess shows the value of a good old fashioned well rounded pagan upbringing if nothing else)

From her class work book I found this classic

'There are many varied and diverse religions and beliefs in the world... some of which aren't very well known - like the Quackers'.

28/10/2005 at 20:59
Hi SS- if you like stuff about student bloopers, etc, there are two books (anthologies) by Richard Lederer called "Anguished English" and "More Anguished English" which are a good laugh, stuff like "Romeo's last wish was to be laid by Juliet", or "Squad helps dog bite victim"...plus longer messed-up essays, etc.
Duck Girl    pirate
29/10/2005 at 17:42
that is very funny.
especially 'cos i'm probably the forum's best known (if not only) Qua(c)ker.
you can tell her that we held our annual meeting around a giant duck-pond this summer too (york uni)
well done mini!
Blisters    pirate
29/10/2005 at 17:57
Mum was putting little poppet to bed and they were kneeling by the bedside.
"Let's say our prayer to Jesus" says Mum
"No, Mummy. Tonight I want to say our prayers to Harold".
"Harold? Who's Harold?"
"It's God's real name. You know....

Our Father who art in heaven
Harold be thy name"
31/10/2005 at 11:03
if quakers are supposed to be so good, how come they invented porridge? explain that if you can.
31/10/2005 at 11:20
Classic
31/10/2005 at 12:28
Did they invent porridge, I thought they only got their oats ?
31/10/2005 at 16:00
Whoever invented porridge deserve a medal. Breakfast food of the gods, IMHO.
31/10/2005 at 18:03
..but never with salt in it :S

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
9 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.