Real jobs

how many of us have them?

81 to 88 of 88 messages
14/09/2002 at 14:18
As a permanently unemployed layabout, I'm glad to hear that so many of you have jobs, and therefore pay taxes to keep me in luxury (ask any tory MP).
14/09/2002 at 16:37
Any time buddy.
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
15/09/2002 at 11:58
I'm jealous! Seems like I'm the only Forum reader who actually does work. I work for the U.S.Forces, there are about 250 of us in our offices, everyone has a PC and we're all joined in a huge LAN/WAN site and connected to the States too. The bosses crack the whip all day every day, we don't get a chance to surf and anyway the IT types are constantly monitoring web access. The Signal folks have also put a block on many web sites. So I can only surf from home, in the evenings or weekends. I'm nostalgic for the old days when I 'worked' for a huge national industry in London and actually did real work probably 2 hours per day - the rest spent in messing around on the computer.
I envy you lot!
15/09/2002 at 14:40
Sheila
Join us when you can.. little changes.
15/09/2002 at 16:13
Look at you all - clever, hard-working, professional - and there's me a full-time athlete training for the olympics!

Only kidding, I'm a student of course, making me one of the nations' most useful and dedicated individuals.
24/09/2002 at 14:31
It's taken me an age to stumble across this thread...
I work in a open plan office with 11 other consultants (that's the defence systems variety). To hear me chuckling away to myself (whilst reading the forum) is not unusual - they all think I'm mad anyway so just let me get on with it. Luckily the big boss is in an office about 100 miles away!!
24/09/2002 at 14:35
I'm an IT Manager.
Nuff said I think.
25/09/2002 at 09:03
I'm a fundraiser for a large national charity so guilt prevents me from logging on too often at work - only lunchtimes and early mornings (although my screen does face away from the rest of the office so I can take a sneaky peak at other times....) no pc at home but working on it, mind you I'd probably end up posting all the time and not actually getting out to run at all....

ND :)

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
81 to 88 of 88 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.