Red or White Wine

Your preferences

41 to 52 of 52 messages
19/09/2002 at 21:42
It has to be red and it has to be French. Although I quite enjoy the odd glass of rose which no-one seems to have mentioned.
20/09/2002 at 09:59
Evil Pixie - did you get to Safeways in the end? Might just have to make another trip on the way home tonight and stock up - always feels good drinking a FREE bottle!!!!! Can't drink toooooooo much tonight as I don't want to put myself at more of a disadvantage then usual for the 10k on Sunday - then I shall have a crate or two to shellabraaate.
20/09/2002 at 10:03
I mentioned Rose a long way back - I'm currently a big fan of White Grenache. Very nice.
The Evil Pixie    pirate
20/09/2002 at 10:05
Zebedee please be quiet! I don't have my car today (in the garage) and already I would love to be sat hear drinking some nice wine so quiet!
20/09/2002 at 10:56
Anyone need to know that I'm having a day off?

Just got up,having slept off a rather nice botte of red (Elderton Shiraz) and am off for a jaunt in the Peak District.

Enjoy your day's work everybody!
20/09/2002 at 11:04
Oh, Pixie Pixie I had some scrummy Rosemount last night - Maybe I should be called "Evil Zebedee" now as I am now planning to maybe get some vino in for this afternoon (Friday afternoon's are fab for wine-ding down with a few bottles with your work mates!). Anyway, you don't need a car, get a back pack and two sturdy bags (so you are well balanced!) and you can get quite a bit for a jolly!!!!!!! BOING BOING - time for bed said Zebedee,.......
Ratbag    pirate
20/09/2002 at 12:05
For me I guess red is my fave but I love chilled Chardonnay on a summer's evening at the bottom of the garden. I know it's sacriledge but occasionally Mrs RB and I like to put an olive stuffed with an almond in the glass.

Drink the wine then eat the olive and almond. Yum!

However, I also like a fine white Burgundy. I have just splashed out a little on a nice bottle of Chassagne Montrachet and I'm trying to think up an excuse to drink it. (I know I really don't need one but it is a little on the pricey side.

Otherwise, big reds, Australian, South African and almost anywhere. I love Meerlust from S.A. and some of their Cabernets and blends are just SO BIG!

Also Barolo when I fancy a little treat. Wolf Blass from Australia do some nice fat reds too.

20/09/2002 at 13:54
You can't beat Amarone della Valpolicella. Not just the ordinary Valpolicella - the Amarone is something else - it's made from sun dried grapes so a really smooth and intense damson flavour. It's worth the £10 a bottle, believe me.

Ed
20/09/2002 at 14:17
Chassagne Montrachet is great! Pouilly Fuisse as I've already mentioned is also good. RB... Tried the Louis Jadot one?
The Evil Pixie    pirate
20/09/2002 at 14:20
I could so easily sit down and drink a whole botle of red NOW thanks to the chite day I am having at work!
20/09/2002 at 14:21
I slept 12 hours last night after one glass (after 10 miler!) I'm steering clear!
The Evil Pixie    pirate
20/09/2002 at 14:38
Thing is though I have to get on my bike to collect my car from the garage then drive home (via the off licience!)so I can't have a drink now ... have to be chocolate then!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 52 of 52 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.