Richard III's remains....

81 to 85 of 85 messages
14/02/2013 at 12:04

"The Queen owns all the land of England, and everything found in it is part of the land, so it seems to me that the remains actually belong to the Queen (i.e HRH Queen Elizabeth II), who will have a better legal title to the remains than the Richard III Society or the landowner with the paper title."

Technically the Queen, in her legal capacity as "the Crown", owns the whole of the United Kingdom, and legally a "freehold estate" (which is the basis on which most properties are bought and sold in England), or an "estate in fee simple" which is the correct legal term, is not absolute ownership of the land but only a right to act as if you DO absolutely own it. "Simple" in this respect means "without restriction".

I'm not sure whether this technical point as to ownership of the car park could be challenged by the Queen, even if she wanted to.

14/02/2013 at 13:39
cougie wrote (see)
What threw me the most was the guy from Horrible Histories narrating. I kept expecting a catchy song.

"stupid death stupid death hope next time its not youuuuu"

15/02/2013 at 14:40

I'm told "a follow-up programme from Channel 4 is now being prepared which will offer more scientific information."

15/02/2013 at 16:54

So they're going to pick up all the bits they left on the cutting room floor and re-edit them? I suppose when they saw that more information came out in a half hour press conference they they put into an hour and a half of telly it must have been a bit embarrassing for them.

And with luck they'll get Tony Robinson to narrate it this time.

18/02/2013 at 08:34
Have a look around your loft and shed, apparently someone has found the head of king Henry IV of France in his attic, there must be bits of dead Monarchs everywhere

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
81 to 85 of 85 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.