Ricky Gervais, what a prise arsehole

21 to 34 of 34 messages
OW
10/03/2012 at 18:58
NLR -fuck off- there's a dear
OW
10/03/2012 at 19:01
I never saw the routine but reading some of the transcript, it seems that the OP has misrepresented the facts, much in a way, a tabloid newspaper would. Why would Ofcom have cleared him?
10/03/2012 at 19:03
I actually like it when you swear at me OW.

10/03/2012 at 19:20
@Hash. - of course you have the right to be offended, just as everyone, including you, has the right to say things that might offend other people. In many countries it's called "free speech".
10/03/2012 at 20:05
Frankie Boyle, Ricky Gervais et al are not funny. They raise a laugh by poking fun at others. Frankie Boyle infamously poked fun at Rebecca Addlington about her nose after she had won 2 gold medals at the Olympics.
Anyone who has to resort to such offensive toilet humour to raise a laugh should not be allowed to bear the title of 'comedian'. Also, the people who buy their DVDs and pay to see their shows are as much to blame, as they are encouraging their vile and offensive material.
10/03/2012 at 20:10

There's comedy and there's witless abuse.

Everyone's free to show that they get their kicks by being hurtful to others or that they lack the social skills to realize when they're being hurtful. Free speech innit?

OW
10/03/2012 at 21:27

Are you saying we don't censor and  and everyone can say what they like in the 'name of humour'? or 'speaking their mind'

<prepares to speak mind in a humorous way>

I don't think anyone is suggesting censorship anyway. They are just saying he's not funny, not informed and deliberately offensive because he's so media driven and lacks any sensitivity. Quite often people like that can dish it out, but not take it. 

Tolerate this and ... you could be next. 

OW
OW
10/03/2012 at 21:29

There are some on the forum who are so emotionally vulnerable that attacking them would be like picking wings off a fly for the hell of it.

Why would you?

(because I can and it will be funny ...)

Edited: 10/03/2012 at 21:30
OW
10/03/2012 at 22:05

Should you blame the comedian or the audience for reacting?

Personally I think RG is a twat and don't know why people think he's so great, but if people didn't laugh at the fuckwit he wouldn't be in a position to tell shite jokes.

10/03/2012 at 22:26
The Silent Assassin wrote (see)

"I don't think she'd be where she is today if it wasn't for the fact that she looked like such a f–king mong.

She is an ok singer, but it is true though that if she didn't look like she does she wouldn't have got through the first round.

Mongoloid was a term use to describe people from Central, East Asia (Mongolia) that shared certain physical traits.

Down syndrome affected people were called "mongolian idiots" as they looked similar in some respects to  the Mongolians.

10/03/2012 at 22:48
Disagree - think she's made it in spite of her image not because of it - she's not really my type of music but I can't see how anyone can doubt her voice.

As for RG - I think he can be funny so yes I would laugh at him and watch some of his stuff - but his comments in this instance are offensive and misjudged. Doesn't mean I think he's a **** just that in this instance he's acted like one.
10/03/2012 at 23:15

popsider wrote (see)
Disagree - think she's made it in spite of her image not because of it - she's not really my type of music but I can't see how anyone can doubt her voice. As for RG - I think he can be funny so yes I would laugh at him and watch some of his stuff - but his comments in this instance are offensive and misjudged. Doesn't mean I think he's a **** just that in this instance he's acted like one.

Disagree - she can sing (but she is'nt that good, just listened to "enjoy the silence" and that is awful) but there were probably a dozen other "normal" looking women at the same auditions just as good that never got on the tv show because they didn't suprise/shock anyone.

People voted for her because she was a freak (in the nicest sense)

10/03/2012 at 23:23
In what way is she a freak ? She isn't a freak at all - except in the sense that people with her image rarely make it as famous singers.
10/03/2012 at 23:24
I like subo more than I like Ricky gervais. He is a twat. She has a great voice and any problems she has weren't of her own making.
He can choose to be a good guy but he chooses to be a c*nt. well, bully for him. Yay Ricky.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 34 of 34 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.