Romance in the workplace!

Would you, have you?

21 to 27 of 27 messages
26/11/2012 at 10:32
Manx Muppet wrote (see)

I used to work on a farm so.......errrrr.........no.

Mind you, t'other half and I run a business together now so, I guess, yes if it's appropriate.

Sheep farm?

26/11/2012 at 11:40

me and my other half met on the evening before the training course of both our 1st jobs after Uni and we hit it off then and have been together since.

we worked for that company together although in different parts of the UK; went in different job directions for a few years (hers included teaching) and got married after 5 years together; we ended up working together again at another company when she packed in teaching - a company she had previously worked at after our 1st one and I had subsequently been headhunted to join; then we set up our own business and have been doing that for over 25 years.

so we have worked for the same company 3 times in our careers - this one by far the longest.

living, working and playing together (we do the same sports) for nearly 40 years has worked for us - we often think of ourselves as best mates rather than husband/wife.    are we strange?  probably  

Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
26/11/2012 at 11:53

Nope - LJS and I are the same, have been together 39 years, living and playing but not working together - I'm in HR and he is air conditioning/heating/refrigeration and all that stuff.

26/11/2012 at 12:15

Never done it, but my field of work is almost 100% male so dating within it would be more of a lifestyle choice than anything else!

27/11/2012 at 10:43
I not only work with my OH but we are on the same rota so occasionally hand over to each other.

"Here's the bleep, we've just sent for an appendicectomy, did you hang the washing out and what's for tea?"
27/11/2012 at 11:27

yep, and then she turned out to be a nut job so i got her fired, still saw each other for a few months after (i was young and horny lol) she didnt and still doesnt know i was the one who got her fired. 

28/11/2012 at 18:34

Although it can work out without any problems, from my personal experience I would say don't do it!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 27 of 27 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.