Rover 214SEi

For Sale

21 to 36 of 36 messages
16/12/2002 at 16:31

Was the two pints of oil used as lubrication for the car or......???
16/12/2002 at 16:32
I see there they come with a spare tyre or too as well! ;-)
16/12/2002 at 16:35

Don't know if you should refer to your girlfriend as "Rover 2000" though.

Mind you, she could have been a real dog, I suppose...

16/12/2002 at 16:55
From hazy memory, she was a bit of a dog, but that was in my days of 'never mind the quality, feel the width' i.e. paper bag jobby, but you got a good handful.

16/12/2002 at 17:04
tee hee hee been very funny reading this thread LOL, cheers guys and Dick nice trolleys mate!
16/12/2002 at 17:27
That should have read 'spare tyre or TWO' of course!
16/12/2002 at 18:56
I can vouch for the tip from Mike S about the poor starting in the cold/damp. Had a new coil pack fitted last summer after the car wouldn't start one day when we were on holiday. Local garage did it, can't remember the price but it wasn't expensive.
16/12/2002 at 19:27
Will try the WD 40 tomorrow night. I have a spare battery which I bought a couple of weeks ago tried it, it didn't sort the problem so its sitting in the boot (with the spare tyre).

In terms of boot space teh load is very good as the seats fold down and the car is a hatch back.

16/12/2002 at 19:32
But since SD was talking about cars and youth I should tell you a little story (which still hasn't been admitted to to my dad). When I borrowed his car and ripped the door off the hinges reversing it into the local multi story (official version). Actual version was a littel sorta into the country lanes with other half and trying to reverse into a field out of site of the road... My girlfried was at outside giving me directions and I was reversing backwards. She shouted stop and I thought it was because of the gate post. Deciding I had enough room I carried on until I heard a very loud crunch. Unfortunatly she had not shut the passenger properly and the was a low level gate post in the way. ANy how this didn't stop us from shutting the door and getting to know each other a little better and its only on the way home when I pulled over to let her out of the back seat that we realised the I had torn the door off its hinges and that it would no longer open.

Not one of my best weekends having told my father about my problem in the local car park with his nice new car...
16/12/2002 at 19:58
that reminds me of something similiar about the time I had an Anglibox - a very old Ford 105E (the one with the back window which slanted inwards), which I got at 17, and paid £45 for.

Parked up on the North Downs just below Kemsing with some local fanny - midsummer time, and it was still quite light.

Something released the handbrake, or the ratchet was u/s, and the car rolled down the field and into a big pile of milk cans outside a barn, bending the front fender so it runned against the wheel and couldn't be driven - farmer's wife came out due to the noise as we were hastily rearranging ourselves (I'm sure one of those Carry On films stole the scene for one of their stories.)

16/12/2002 at 23:10
Remind me never to get a lift with any of you guys.
Trogs    pirate
17/12/2002 at 00:07
Hubby is a little concerned at the moment cos he's waiting on a new company car and he thinks it might currently be sat at the bottom of the English Channel :(

On a happier note, many years ago I was working on a farm and the team returned to the fields after lunch one day to find the gateway blocked by a car with very steamed up windows and a problem with its springs. Took a while before there was any response to the polite beeps of our horn. Sure spoiled someone's afternoon!

17/12/2002 at 08:55
Phew that's alright then, I thought you were going to say that it was Range Rover and once the windows had cleared it had three dead Essex Gangsters inside it
17/12/2002 at 11:57
OK so SD has made a bid for £45, any higher offers.

My little brother is interested dependant on insurance (which will certainly be more than the cars worth).
17/12/2002 at 11:59
Someone buy the car and put him out of his misery...
17/12/2002 at 12:12
Wasn't there a story at the time when Will Carling and Di were making a lot of News print. Looking for a pack of condoms Will calls into a garage where
the bloke behind the counter says hes run out of condoms but he does a have a coil for a '64 Princess

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 36 of 36 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.