Royal Baby

41 to 60 of 166 messages
04/12/2012 at 08:17

my friend has the same condition of excessive morning sickness, when she is pregnant she is frequently hospitalised and loses weight.

don't really get the cynical comments, even if you hate the royal family, surely you can wish a couple who are in love happiness and the chance to start a family.

anyway i hope and pray that the Duchess is well enough to come home soon and they produce a healthy heir to the throne

04/12/2012 at 08:21

the independent are taking a really positive line..

"the condition that may have killed charlotte bronte"..

cheerful

seren nos    pirate
04/12/2012 at 08:22

I agree with the sentiments TMW..that she has a speedy recovery and that it all ends in a great healthy birth.....i would wish the same to all pregnant mothers........

I just cannot see why members of the public want to take part ownership in someone that they have never known and never will.........as if its got a personal link to them

04/12/2012 at 08:24
seren nos wrote (see)

I just cannot see why members of the public want to take part ownership in someone that they have never known and never will.........as if its got a personal link to them

because i like them?

actually i do have a vague connection. i once chatted up kate at a party in st andrews. no luck

seren nos    pirate
04/12/2012 at 08:27

so you eagerly want to know the details of evryone in thwe world you have ever talked to.............

its almost by celebrating with them and grieving publically with then that people think that they can have a bit of the celebrity culture rub off on them..............makes them partly royal as well 

04/12/2012 at 08:54

probably

I wouldn't concern yourself though. just bask in the warm glow of knowing that you are better and less shallow than me

Edited: 04/12/2012 at 08:55
04/12/2012 at 08:55

It's nice - for them.

Other than that I'm no more interested than I would be about anyone else I don't know.

Which is another way of saying what Seren's saying I suppose.

04/12/2012 at 09:02

Another person already worth more than a small country, and on whom we will spend Billions of pounds, some of it my hard earned tax. Not something I would be celebrating

04/12/2012 at 09:16

I'm with Seren on this. I wish them well but I'm really not that interested and I'm fed up of hearing about it already. A young couple having a baby isn't really big news.  Its going to be royal baby fever for months (yawn). 

04/12/2012 at 09:19

my auntie in dhaka is beside herself  and has already started knitting bunting

04/12/2012 at 09:42

She was poncing about playing hockey in 4 inch heels last week thats not very sensible !! got no time for any of them....

It  was the first thing I heard when I turned the news on this morning..its not news when a young fertile newly married woman gets pregnant for gods sake !!

04/12/2012 at 10:05

Let's face it, the Royal Family are an entertainingly odd bunch aren't they.  I'm not that fussed either way (although I've got no problem seeing Kate's mug in the papers every day. )  So I kind of understand people taking an interest; I guess it's just like another soap opera to them - you're guaranteed to be kept informed about every last detail of what Kate's wearing, who Harry's shagging, etc.  Is it the most important thing in the world?  Of course not, but then neither is the plot of Corrie.

It Had Better Not be Ginger!

04/12/2012 at 10:05

still, at least we won't have to see the poor girl beheaded for failing to produce an heir

04/12/2012 at 10:10

I love that link. I've just nicked it for fb. 

yeo
04/12/2012 at 10:28
Rickster wrote (see)

Well I wish them all the best and let's hope that the Republican arseholes can leave them in peace.

This one will because I don't give a flying fart.

Sorry, as you were, carry on...

04/12/2012 at 10:46

Philpub - brilliant

04/12/2012 at 11:26

I'm ambivolent

04/12/2012 at 11:33
Barkles wrote (see)

I'm ambivolent

and I would be if I could spell it correctly.... 

04/12/2012 at 11:36
Barkles wrote (see)

I'm ambivolent

I thought you were a Pisces

04/12/2012 at 11:36
yeo wrote (see)
Rickster wrote (see)

Well I wish them all the best and let's hope that the Republican arseholes can leave them in peace.

This one will because I don't give a flying fart.

Sorry, as you were, carry on...

I am interested in why Rickster thinks Republicans are arseholes - they are not, they are just people who hold a different view from him.

My position is, and has always been, that I am perfectly happy with the Queen as the head of state. She does a pretty good job as far as I can see.

If Elizabeth Windsor was one among a choice of candidates I would vote for her - but being able to vote for her is precisely the thing that matters.

I want to  be a citizen not a subject thank you very much.

41 to 60 of 166 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.