Royal Baby

81 to 100 of 166 messages
04/12/2012 at 16:20
Cinders wrote (see)

I know someone who spent nearly her whole 9 months in hospital with her severe morning sickness and she was very poorly.

Me also...

04/12/2012 at 16:40
sarah the bookworm wrote (see)
Wilkie wrote (see)
sarah the bookworm wrote (see)

What's the bet there's a sudden increase in the number of women claiming to have hyperemesis gravidarum instead of 'normal' morning sickness. And how do we know that's what Kate has got? They've made a point of saying that the hospital is giving away no details. I'm guessing the she's just getting special treatment beause of who she is... Not that I'm interested 

Of course the hospital is giving away no details!  You wouldn't expect them to talk to the press about a patient's condition, surely?

I'd be horrified if they did give details. I'm just making the point that as they aren't giving details, it's the press that have diagnosed her

It is apparently stated on the royal website (they HAVE joined the 21st century!) as the cause of the hospital stay.

Edited: 04/12/2012 at 16:40
04/12/2012 at 16:49

I remember when they used to post a notice up on the front gate of Buckingham Palace. Not that long ago either! :-S

04/12/2012 at 16:51

Morning sickness!, I've seen the ads, call British Gas like everyone else.

04/12/2012 at 16:54

Eh?  Not seen that ad!

04/12/2012 at 17:08

Absolutely have zero interest in anything to do with the royals, specially that hanger on Pippa who seems to have become royal by assocation.

and more to the point, I don't understand the fuss, she looks like someone who throws up on a regular basis anyway

04/12/2012 at 17:13

I'm overcome with indifference. I don't wish the couple any harm, I'm just going to try to ignore the wall to wall media coverage over the next few months

04/12/2012 at 17:19
AgentGinger wrote (see)

I'm overcome with indifference. I don't wish the couple any harm, I'm just going to try to ignore the wall to wall media coverage over the next few months

That's pretty much the attitude that I take with X Factor and I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here.

04/12/2012 at 17:20
Rickster wrote (see)
AgentGinger wrote (see)

That's pretty much the attitude that I take with X Factor and I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here.

ditto

04/12/2012 at 18:00

all those looking to avoid being swamped with inane media and public coverage of the birth might be best avoiding message board threads titled 'Royal Baby'.

04/12/2012 at 18:09

I'm just holding out for a public holiday when it's born...

04/12/2012 at 18:10
Steve loves bacon wrote (see)

I'm just holding out for a public holiday when it's born...

Chance would be a fine thing.

04/12/2012 at 19:05
Awwwww.
I'm a republican arsehole. I think that sounds quite nice. Sounds better than a scrounger off the state in my arseholey opinion.

Hope she stops vomiting soon. Not least so that we don't have to foot the hospital bill.
04/12/2012 at 22:19

such a lot of bitter republicans 

i think it's great that there's going to be a new heir to the throne

04/12/2012 at 22:59
Muttley wrote (see)

Pleased to hear of the pregnancy, I wish them well but I don't want to hear anything more about it until the birth, thank you.

Maybe even better till after the birth, don't want to hear all the details.

Anyway, I wish them well, hope everything will go well. So much can still happen.

05/12/2012 at 18:13
Bitter? I just think we are all equal. And we should all have equal opportunity. Does that make me bitter or just nice?
05/12/2012 at 18:19

i don't think republicans are bitter. i think you are all lovely

05/12/2012 at 18:20

and nice

05/12/2012 at 18:30
05/12/2012 at 19:15

a lot of you have expressed a disinterest in news ofnthe royal baby and various criticisms of the monarchy, and it is difficult to argue against any of them. republicans are right.

the royal family makes no sense. it is anachronistic, undemocratic and I can see why such heridatory opulence based on an accident of birth is at best puzzling and at worst offensive to many. not only that, a voyeuristic interest in a family with no connection to my own is almost certainly unhealthy. it says much about the lack of meaning in my own life.

and yet I still quite like them.

the fact that it doesn't make sense to have this random bunch of toffs as our head of state sort of does make sense in our silly, lovely country. at least to me, at any rate.

81 to 100 of 166 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.