Royal Baby

101 to 120 of 156 messages
07/12/2012 at 16:28

Hmmm, well I can imagine someone who was already depressed feeling pretty bad about this.   Maybe she felt that she'd been made to look like a complete idiot in front of the world - not going to be great for self esteem is it ?  

Who knows how many people have topped themselves after a heated discussion in Clubhouse - it's certainly quieter around here these days - KK has a lot to answer for.   

07/12/2012 at 16:35
PhilPub wrote (see)
skotty wrote (see)

you are right. i am sure it is all just a bizarre coincidence and totally unrelated.

Well who the fuck knows either way till an explanation comes out?  But no, conjecture about someone's untimely demise is much more fun.

i don't think anyone was having fun or speculating about her demise.

seems quite clear from the initial reports unless you want to convince us otherwise.

"

Dr Peter Carter, chief executive and general secretary of the Royal College of Nursing, said: "This is tragic news, and the thoughts of all at the Royal College of Nursing go to the family of Jacintha Saldanha.

"It is deeply saddening that a simple human error due to a cruel hoax could lead to the death of a dedicated and caring member of the nursing profession."

07/12/2012 at 16:49

All very tragic and odd. But I don't think the hoax was cruel.

Certainly seems an extreme reaction to the hoax. There are clearly things that we don't know.

The hospital said it had been "supporting her through this difficult time", which seems to hint at something going on that they don't wish to expand on for whatever reason.

seren nos    pirate
07/12/2012 at 16:55

the hoax in itself wasn't cruel.these have been done through every decade...........noel edmonds did them every week.......

its sad that she got caught out forgetting what she was suppossed to be doing..........but she hadn't even been suspended for it...so i presume that there has to be other underlying factors.....

its very sad...but she was not forced divulge personal information to a complete stranger

07/12/2012 at 16:57

she didn't.

she passed the call onto someone else who divulged personal information to a complete stranger.

seren nos    pirate
07/12/2012 at 17:17

ok.didn't realise that.not sure why it could be connected then........

07/12/2012 at 17:22
skotty wrote (see)

"It is deeply saddening that a simple human error due to a cruel hoax could lead to the death of a dedicated and caring member of the nursing profession."

Fair dos.  Didn't see that bit.

Slighly bizarre and tragic circumstances then, and I guess the prank caller won't really deserve to feel quite as guilty or demonised as they no doubt will, although I've never been a big fan of the hoax / prank / practical joke genre, and generally think those involved at least deserve a punch in the face.  Especially Noel Edmonds.

Edited: 07/12/2012 at 17:23
07/12/2012 at 18:09

If an experienced nurse was working on reception it suggests there was something else going on in her life.  Its not for us to say what is or isn't an over reaction without knowing the full story. Its very sad.

I'm not a fan of the prank genre either. +1 for punching Noel Edmonds. 

07/12/2012 at 20:45
Soup Dragon wrote (see)

If an experienced nurse was working on reception it suggests there was something else going on in her life.  

she wasn't working on reception. it was 5:30AM so there was no reception. she was the unlucky one who picked up the phone.

I hear there are lots of calls for the DJs to be sacked. I disagree with this - if they have an ounce of decency they will resign.

seren nos    pirate
07/12/2012 at 20:49

don't see why on earth they should resign........she wasn't the unlucky one.it was the one who took the call off her and forgot the rules about confidentiality.......

blaming her for passing on the call is like blaming the satelite for passing on the call......

if we call for their resignation then we need to stop every tv program that works with pranks or jokes .......also manybe all comedy programmes as they might make a joke that offends someone....and maybe all the police programmes as showing crimes might make someone kill themselves as they are screed of going out.

it is unfortunate but you cannot blame them if she decided to take her own life

07/12/2012 at 21:24

You can. It's intentionally or recklessly inflicted nervous shock.

seren nos    pirate
07/12/2012 at 21:29

why pretending to be someone you aren't.they should be on their gurads againgst that sort of thing.i would have expected lots of press and public to phone up to try and get some information...........it was such an obvious thing to do.........who on earth would believe that royalty would use the phone system....

how on earth did they inflict a nervous shock.she picked up the phone.they asked to be put through and she did that........not exactly a nervous shock situation....they doidn't tell her that a family memvber had died or that she had cancer.........they asked to be put through to a ward

07/12/2012 at 21:51

They inflicted on someone who isn't in the limelight the nervous shock of having her voice, answering the phone, broadcast on hundreds of radio and TV stations all around the world, including e.g. the BBC TV News and Radio 4 News as their lead item. How would that make you feel, it you were portrayed in a bad light, this fool who gets a voice impersonating Her Majesty the Queen very badly, and yet you treat the call as bona fide and pass it on - subsequently being left thinking everybody is talking about you and laughing at you for your foolishness?

You are excusing pranksters for the consequences of their prank. If they hadn't carried out their prank, in all probability the woman would be alive now.

The trouble with pranks is that people don't accept the blame for the consequences that flow from them. You're trying to say they aren't to blame. They are to blame. They were reckless as to the consequences of their prank, and now someone's dead.

Edited: 07/12/2012 at 21:57
seren nos    pirate
07/12/2012 at 21:56

if that was enough to push her over the edge.......then there was not much chance for her.......

then surely the BBC  and all the other news stations etc are just as guilty as the pranksters.they are the ones that fed it to the world........otherwise if it was on an australian radio station she would bnever have heard it........

seren nos    pirate
07/12/2012 at 21:58

if you call me an idiot on here and i go away and get upset and kill myself....is it really your fault as you called me an idiot

no the responsibility is with the person who commits suicide.even if they have to have many more problems for it to get that bad for them

07/12/2012 at 21:59

The CAUSE is the pranksters themselves, who chose to create a news item which would obviously be spread around the world if they pulled their prank off and broadcast the result.

The media aren't the cause, they are simply reporting the news.

The pranksters are to blame, assuming the woman topped herself because of how the prank left her feeling. The media aren't to blame.

07/12/2012 at 22:00

it doesn't seem clear yet exactly who was to blame. we may never know.

it is possible that she was placed under huge scrutiny at work because of the incident. maybe her job was at threat. but possibly not. it is possible that the media attention laced huge pressure on her which she couldnt cope with. or possibly not. there may be a million other issues in her life which we don't know about which conributed to this. or possibly not.

we just don't know.

seren nos    pirate
07/12/2012 at 22:03

crap......the media reported it because they thought the poublic wanted to hear it.so its the public who lapped up the story w3ho can take the blame..the media only spread the story as you lot were all interested in in.........

see.its easy to pass the blame....they did a prank/ joke.nothing major ...nothing threatening....they protended to be the royalty......how on earth is that a crime...and before she killed herselfhow many people were thinking.what a funny joke.or how did they get away with that...........

07/12/2012 at 22:14

wow, runners' world, the compassionate forum.

Full of... fucking hypocrites....

Edited: 07/12/2012 at 22:16
07/12/2012 at 22:31

If you listen to the whole clip from the radio station... these were a couple of complete amateurs.  The only thing they intended to do was goof around and get an English receptionist on the line... and get cut off. I'm certain that that was to be their joke.

It was absolutely clear that they were totally unprepared to get past the receptionist. They didn't know what to say

101 to 120 of 156 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.