Rubbish weather

Innit.

21 to 40 of 58 messages
20/03/2013 at 18:48

My shorts haven't seen the light of day yet! Running trousers, Gloves, Base Layer and the whole lot!

I hate the cold. The hotter the better, I even like running better in the heat and I honestly believe I'm quicker when the sun gets up.

I've seem some runners out in shorts all ready, good luck to them!

My shorts will probably come out of the cupboard around June time.

20/03/2013 at 18:51
Bunch of wimps ! I was running in shorts at 6:30 this morning
M...eldy    pirate
20/03/2013 at 19:00

I am so over winter

It had better be a long hot summer or I shall be having words

21/03/2013 at 08:09
OMD lol my sweet innocent cottaging post !! I just read the link *blushing*
seren nos    pirate
21/03/2013 at 08:24

I am in desperate need for some sun...for the bike rides more than the running........and to turn the wind burn colouring on my legs to suntan.much nicer colour

seren nos    pirate
21/03/2013 at 09:13

I don't like training in hot weather dave to be honest..i run in shorts and vest in the winter and so when its hot i struggle as there are no more clothes i can take off.............so my pace slows down........

now if i was younger and slim i could wear one of those bra type tank tops and show off my rippling 6 pack..........

but unfortunately if i remove my top my stomach woul;d get in the way of my knees running......much the same as it does when cycling a bike

but i would like some warm sunny dry days please.............

WiB
21/03/2013 at 09:15

Shorts regardless of weather. Always. Plus jacket and gloves

WiB
seren nos    pirate
21/03/2013 at 09:16

its about mental strength Dave..you have to want it and put up with the pain.....or you could just train and get slimmer and fitter............which is something i should be doing.......

21/03/2013 at 09:23

Bright blue skies here this morning, Perfect for a run....

Sadly rest day for me, So I suppose I better go swimming instead

cougie    pirate
21/03/2013 at 09:47
It's a bloody Baltic wind though dave.
21/03/2013 at 09:53

Wuss !!!

I wore shorts to walk round and get the paper at 7am... You must be getting old mate 

21/03/2013 at 09:53

People tend to think that warm weather training is just about getting used to heat. 

More to it than that.

WiB
21/03/2013 at 10:08
David Falconer 3 wrote (see)
WiB wrote (see)

Shorts regardless of weather. Always. Plus jacket and gloves

Thats purely to show off those quads of yours isnt it Wib? Nothing to do with comfort.

haha! If only.

WiB
21/03/2013 at 10:17

I run in capris and technical shirt all year round, possibly with a base layer when it's really cold.

I'm not a wimp when it come to running, I warm up really quickly,  I just don't like freezing my *rse off the rest of the time. If the fricking sun would come out it would help!

seren nos    pirate
21/03/2013 at 10:18

I'm off to teh sauna to pretend I'm somewhere hot 

21/03/2013 at 10:27
XcurlytwigX wrote (see)
OMD lol my sweet innocent cottaging post !! I just read the link *blushing*

That has cheered me up today! I have a mountain marathon on Saturday and have just checked the forecast omg.... Added to that I have a hot water bottle on my knee as it seems to want to wimp out! I knew cottaging had another meaning but could not remember what it was! Tomorrow night I will be lying cold and miserable in a tent in a field... great. And it is my birthday. Not sure what the tenting effect has on running

21/03/2013 at 10:28

I've got some spa vouchers. I was going to go this weekend but the thought of coming out of that lovely warm, relaxing environment into the freezing cold  put me right off. Hopefully the weather will warm up a bit before they actually expire   

21/03/2013 at 10:34

I normally run in Football Shorts in the warmer weather but I recently bought some actual Running shorts. And they are short! Not sure I will be wearing those. I don't want any escapees.

21/03/2013 at 10:49

WiB
21/03/2013 at 11:02
Demon Barber wrote (see)

I normally run in Football Shorts in the warmer weather but I recently bought some actual Running shorts. And they are short! Not sure I will be wearing those. I don't want any escapees.

No shorts are too short!

WiB
21 to 40 of 58 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.