Rubbish weather

Innit.

41 to 58 of 58 messages
21/03/2013 at 11:15

Alan Partridge springs to mind. "Lyn, I've popped out".

I wear normal running trousers in the winter as well rather than those running tight thingys. They look like something from Spiderman's wardrobe, and you might as well run around with your tackle hanging out.

WiB
21/03/2013 at 11:37
Demon Barber wrote (see)

Alan Partridge springs to mind. "Lyn, I've popped out".

I wear normal running trousers in the winter as well rather than those running tight thingys. They look like something from Spiderman's wardrobe, and you might as well run around with your tackle hanging out.

Hahaha

WiB
21/03/2013 at 11:48

Let's face it - there's nowhere to hide in lycra. 

Does my bum look big in this?

Yes.

21/03/2013 at 17:41

I remember John Redwood saying we could do with a bit of global warming, and getting slammed for it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-441736/Why-global-warming-good-Redwood.html

He was right though. Kind of.

Edited: 21/03/2013 at 17:42
21/03/2013 at 20:56

Good 'ol John; helped to get rid of Maggie  So he cannot be all bad. But please do not make me read that fascist rag....

21/03/2013 at 22:04
Screamapillar wrote (see)

I've got some spa vouchers. I was going to go this weekend but the thought of coming out of that lovely warm, relaxing environment into the freezing cold  put me right off. Hopefully the weather will warm up a bit before they actually expire   

Spa vouchers? I'll swap them for Tesco or Sainsbury's vouchers then. I've not shopped at a Spa shop for ages. Lol. 

22/03/2013 at 10:29

I can talk for days about the weather. For us runner's it is a big consideration. It feels very cold this year and there have been more snow days than I remember in previous years.

I've just looked at my diary for the previous 2 years, and this March is much colder than the previous 2....22nd March 2011 - I was on jury service and spent lunchtimes eating sandwiches outside in the sunshine...I spent that weekend in the garden and caught a slight tan. 22nd March 2012 - had family down to stay and we visited the beach for a picnic. The weekend got hotter still and we dined al fresco on a couple of ocassions... the following 2-3 weeks remained warm and dry.

Perhaps having a crap month with weather now, means we will get a hot, dry summer? (in Wales, our last good summer was 2006). It is long, long overdue!!! Let's face it, apart from a dry spell in Feb this year the weather has been pretty dire everyday from April 2012 until now!

22/03/2013 at 17:58
Bumholes! Was looking forward to a cheeky little 10k on Sunday, been cancelled because of bloody snow.
22/03/2013 at 18:06

My race for Sunday has been cancelled. Waterlogged ground. Considering an alternative road race but snow is forecast. Harrumph. When will it end?

22/03/2013 at 21:30

More of the same at least until Tuesday according to the BBC and I don't want to depress anyone but their monthly outlook doesn't reckon it's likely to change much until around the middle of April

24/03/2013 at 13:59

My race wasn't cancelled  Which is almost a bit strange because it was in the Black mountains in Wales! We looned about in snow drifts, ice-fields, mud-slides, dirt-tracks that looked like small lakes, paths that looked like streams. I was as happy as a pig in s**t! Full credit to the organisers, Might Contain Nuts for going the extra mile. They upgraded the kit list, provided weather reports and revised the route at the last minute. I bet a few organisers would have relied on their cancellation clause and gone to the pub to count their money; but not them. I am feeling a little second hand at the moment! A bit of roast lamb should sort me out

seren nos yn canu    pirate
24/03/2013 at 14:07

Sideburn.i think its easier for opff road races to go on as you don't expect perfect conditions.....

the might contain nuts are a good team though so pleased the event went well

24/03/2013 at 14:30
seren nos wrote (see)

Sideburn.i think its easier for opff road races to go on as you don't expect perfect conditions.....

the might contain nuts are a good team though so pleased the event went well

Yes; fair comment! But it still takes nerve to send marshals and competitors up into a blizzard. If it was a road course with the many moronic motorists around you would be out of your tiny mind to let people run

24/03/2013 at 21:47

I don't complain, the only thing though is that trails are waterlogged and flooded. Yesterday the stream went pouring over the bridge, had to wade in ankle deep freezing water but that happens a lot on the trails, you can't escape it if you are a trail runner like me. They said on Polish telly that really cold till the end of this week but then warming up and tney said it might even reach 18C, over there, but if it warms over there it should warm up here too hopefully.

25/03/2013 at 09:02
acdcgirl wrote (see)

I don't complain, the only thing though is that trails are waterlogged and flooded. Yesterday the stream went pouring over the bridge, had to wade in ankle deep freezing water but that happens a lot on the trails, you can't escape it if you are a trail runner like me. They said on Polish telly that really cold till the end of this week but then warming up and tney said it might even reach 18C, over there, but if it warms over there it should warm up here too hopefully.

Poland? Sure they did not mean -18c?

31/03/2013 at 19:51
Feeling sorry for you guys back in the UK, it's been lovely here in Dubai!!
31/03/2013 at 20:06

The cold weather makes the training runs quite a strain, but is actually pretty good for racing!

I expect by sods law we'll completely bypass the reasonable temperatures and shoot straight into too hot weather at some stage, which will have everyone moaning for other reasons!

31/03/2013 at 22:44

23rd March last year I did my first sea swim of the year, no chance this year.  The water might have just about been OK but the air temp running from sea to clothes and cold wind would have had me shivering in to hypothermia!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 58 of 58 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.