Runners or club in Newent, Gloucestershire

5 messages
27/11/2012 at 22:51

Hi all,

I'm about to start working away from home in Newent, Gloucestershire in the New Year 4 days a week. As I don't know the area but keen to keep running are their any clubs nearby or runners who get out regurlarly?

Cheers,

Jimmi

15/12/2012 at 23:46

Hi there!  I am not in Newent, but in Gloucester which is about 20 minutes away.  I am not aware of any running groups in Newent, which is only a very small town (though possibly there may be a group...there is certainly a small leisure centre at the senior school there).  
There is a large Athletic Club based in the Forest of Dean which is about half an hour's drive,and a good selection of running groups based in Gloucester,including two Athletic clubs, various Run England Groups, groups attached to Yms, etc.  I am happy to give more info about these if you are interested. Newent is also close to  Ross on Wye and a quick Google Search showed this, which may be of interest : http://www.ross-running.co.uk/About.htm

I'm more than happy to give any more info I can about Gloucester groups, etc.
Will you actually be living in Newent itself?
The Forest of Dean has lovely trails for off road running, though sadly is a bit far for me to run regularly.

17/12/2012 at 08:37

Isn't there a Tri club in Newent?  Ask at the Leisure centre at the school...

17/12/2012 at 09:25

Have a look at this..... 

http://www.triteamglos.co.uk/race/2013-ttg-newent-duathlon

I think there's stuff going on there..

16/10/2013 at 20:28
I know this is an old thread but for anyone searching for running clubs in Newent, there now is one: www.newentrunners.com

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.