Runner's World recipes

Wondering if anyone has had the same problem as me following this recipe?

7 messages
15/01/2012 at 09:11
I've made the 'fat-burning cake' from the January 2012 issue twice now, and the thing falls flat when it comes out of the oven. It's not light and fluffy at all, despite me following the recipe to the letter!

The picture in the mag looks like a sponge cake, but mine seems too wet and soggy... I was wondering if anyone else had tried making it? Is there a misprint of the quantities? I'm determined to eat this cake!
15/01/2012 at 12:57
Sounds like you aren't cooking it for long enough, or the oven temperature is too cool.
15/01/2012 at 15:54
I wondered if it might be the oven temperature... had to bake it about 15 mins longer than the recipe instructions as middle wasn't cooked. Ah well
15/01/2012 at 16:03
Do you have a fan oven?  We found that suddenly cakes didn't come out well, and it turned out that the fan wasn't turning.
16/01/2012 at 10:46
That's a point! Although made a carrot cake last week too, which came out fine. Hmm, I think it might be back to the drawing board for me...
02/02/2012 at 21:54
I think it is the recipe.  I made it and mine has risen but is too wet to be a cake and looks nothing like the picture.  It's a bit like a baked cheesecake filling!
06/02/2012 at 09:39
That's exactly the texture mine was... glad it's not just me! So disappointing, the picture looked delicious.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.